• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Gays Are More Dangerous Than Guns In Florida?

H

hammervice

Yesterday, the Florida legislature passed legislation — backed by the National Rifle Association — that would bar adoption agencies from asking whether prospective parents have guns or ammunition in their homes. The bill “rocketed” out of the legislature and now just needs the signature of Gov. Charlie Crist (R), who supports the measure. The AP explains what prompted the bill:

The issue of adoptions by gun owners came to light after a few prospective parents complained last year that the Children’s Home Society of Florida, the state’s largest provider of services to children and families, was asking applicants to disclose information about weapons or ammunition they keep at home. Florida law bans state agencies or their agents from maintaining a registry of firearm owners.

Florida officials said that the gun measure — which passed unanimously in the House and with the support of everyone except two Democrats in the Senate — “fixes a problem that wasn’t widespread and was the result of a mix-up at the Children’s Home Society.” State Democratic lawmaker Evan Jenne argued that the bill was relatively “innocuous,” and Democratic Rep. Scott Randolph said it was “pandering” to the NRA. Rep. Mike Horner (R) decided to sponsor the bill after an adoption agency asked whether he owned a gun when he and his wife were looking to adopt.

Basically, what Florida is saying is that it’s totally fine to own guns if you want to adopt children — just as long as you’re not gay. While state legislators rushed to pass the NRA-backed measure that fixes a relatively small problem, they still haven’t addressed the major issue that gay families are banned from adopting children. A couple of state lawmakers tried to introduce amendments to the gun bill that would have also barred “adoption agencies from inquiring about a person’s sexual orientation as a requisite for adoption,” but they eventually had to withdraw them.

Florida is the only state to explicitly outlaw gay and lesbian adoptions. The state implemented its ban in 1977 — two years before the first reported case of an adoption by an openly gay person anywhere in the country. Until this week, there hadn’t been a serious debate on the Florida gay adoption ban in the law’s 33-year history.

A recent Quinnipiac poll found that “a majority of Floridians now oppose the ban” and three recent court decisions have ruled that the ban violates Florida’s constitution. Currently, the issue is now “before Florida’s Third District Court of Appeals and is headed most likely to the state Supreme Court”

H

hammervice

I have no problem with gay couples adopting... as long as they teach their kids the constitution and have guns to protect their family! Lock and load baby! It would also make people think twice about harassing gay couples if they had a reputation for being gun nuts. Rock come through window with a little tag on it: "gays out"... said gays emerge with machine guns and full body armour!!!

hmmm ok , Hmmm ok ,

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
It is completely justified to ascertain that a home is safe for adoptive children--if they can find the guns, and if the parents are prone to violence or threatening to use them (or might use them if the adopted teenagers come home late and they think it's a burglar), that is quite a valid concern. Florida law is completely ridiculous and hypocritical on that note; gay and lesbian adoptive parents are much safer.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Aww, and here I thought this meant going to Florida would give me super powers.

Their sense of priority worries me.

X

XMan101

I would never own a gun or possess one even if it were legal here.

I hate the things and won't touch one!

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I would never own a gun or possess one even if it were legal here.

I hate the things and won't touch one!

I agree; I can't stand them, and have no interest in killing someone with a gun, or threatening to. They are sick instruments of death.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Perhaps, but they're also marvels of engineering. You can appreciate that, too. That's... uh... that's all I have to add.