• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Three Cheers For Five Years (Vocal Only)

S

Squallmuzza

Decided to throw myself on your mercy and give you a listen of what I sound like now vocally. Just a 1-take vocal-only recording. Not edited to hell like my other track. All opinions welcome :)

newage

Super Vip
Reaction score
very promising voice but very different from the original song..which i LOVE! maybe you should complete it with sounds and everything....then it'd be clearer to me.

S

Squallmuzza

Can't play it guitar-wise and don't have a keyboard otherwise I might give it a shot :(. I really love the original myself and would have hated to try to make an exact copy of it and fail miserably, so I changed up the style.

And Mike, I'll serenade you any time dude! Haha!

RawPlayNYC

Reaction score
Hey buddy. I've been singing professionally since my mid-twenties. Over the past couple of years, I've been spending more and more time teaching young singers. One thing I run into 90% of the time is the challenge of teaching my students how to find his or her own, unique voice.

What i hear in your sample (which could have been much shorter for purposes of an evaluation, by the way) is a young man who clearly has a musical ear, good sense of pitch, etc. but I'm not convinced that what I heard is your voice, your sound. To me it sounds as if you are manufacturing your voice to sound like the recording you're familiar with. Such mimicry is a practice I see and hear more often than not.

One can learn a great deal by imitating favorite singers (vocal style, phrasing, etc.) but imitation of another singers' sound will not help you find YOUR sound.

I would suggest that you record and post another tune, but this time let it be a tune that you have learned on your own and without benefit of some other singers recording.

It can be anything that meets those requirments . I think I first time I did this exercise, I sang Amazing Grace. Get something like that posted, and I"ll be happy to give you a an opinion of YOUR voice.