• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Do you belive in a GOD? just yes or no pls

camyoo

Reaction score
"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings."

Albert Einstein

Keywan

Reaction score
yes i do

although i am sure i am a believer because where i was born and even i prefer to stay that way. that gives me an anchor to hold on to ... i have searched, read books like the Gods delusion and etc. but could't come to a conclusion and am sure no one will be ever able to reason in favour or against the idea of existence of God and it will remain a matter of belief for ever. so both parties are respectable without judgment.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
although i am sure i am a believer because where i was born and even i prefer to stay that way. that gives me an anchor to hold on to ... i have searched, read books like the Gods delusion and etc. but could't come to a conclusion and am sure no one will be ever able to reason in favour or against the idea of existence of God and it will remain a matter of belief for ever. so both parties are respectable without judgment.

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

reasek1

Super Vip
Reaction score
A personal God? One who knows us, cares about us and out specific, individual struggles? No.

A creator God - the source of existence? Yes. Otherwise, why is there something instead of nothing?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
A creator God - the source of existence? Yes. Otherwise, why is there something instead of nothing?

A really very good and philosophically assessment and notion! :thumbs up:

dale72

Reaction score

But if a creator God already existed, how could he have created existence? If you believe in Creation, you also have to ask about the origins of this Creator -- how did He/It come to be?

I believe this notion of "Creation" is very much a Human concept. We make/create things ourselves, so it makes sense to us that everything must have been created by some superior being -- which is probably not the case.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
We make/create things ourselves, so it makes sense to us that everything must have been created by some superior being -- which is probably not the case.

As you have said PROBABLY - but if it did? Do you have the contrary evidence? Only conjectures on the one or the other side! No one knows if there was the so called "big bang" or "God's creation".

No one is forced to believe in our part of the world - so you can or you cannot.
But one thing please! Respect all those who believe in God and never ever turn yourself into ridicule those who believe - and vice versa!

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
But if a creator God already existed, how could he have created existence? If you believe in Creation, you also have to ask about the origins of this Creator -- how did He/It come to be?

I believe this notion of "Creation" is very much a Human concept. We make/create things ourselves, so it makes sense to us that everything must have been created by some superior being -- which is probably not the case.

The point made wasn't that a creator god created existence, but that a creator god is 'the source of existence'. Big difference. ;)

Some don't believe in a personal god. Just that existence has an ultimate source. Hence the question that atheists struggle with: why is their something, instead of nothing?

Last edited:

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
As you have said PROBABLY - but if it did? Do you have the contrary evidence? Only conjectures on the one or the other side! No one knows if there was the so called "big bang" or "God's creation".

No one is forced to believe in our part of the world - so you can or you cannot.
But one thing please! Respect all those who believe in God and never ever turn yourself into ridicule those who believe - and vice versa!

The moderate position is to say there is a god, a source of existence, but an impersonal one, with no real relation to us.

The more extreme positions are that 1. there is a personal god, per mainstream religion, and 2. there is only the anti-god position. Atheism. No doubts. No mid-points. They are as sure and as absolutely convinced of the total and absolute atheist truth as the most extremist religious believer you can imagine.

And you are correct. Only a brainwashed person, from whatever extreme of the spectrum, is arrogant enough to have no substantive doubts. These are the 'true' believers. A horrible thing to be.

Last edited:

dale72

Reaction score

No, of course not -- do any of us have the evidence for or against the existence of god? We just don't know -- we can only theorize.

No one is forced to believe in our part of the world - so you can or you cannot. But one thing please! Respect all those who believe in God and never ever turn yourself into ridicule those who believe - and vice versa!

Did I ridicule or disrespect anyone in my comment? I only asked questions -- so, why am I getting preached at?

dale72

Reaction score
The point made wasn't that a creator god created existence, but that a creator god is 'the source of existence'. Big difference. ;)

No difference. It is the same -- just a more "intellectual" way of saying it. ;)

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
@dale72 no need to be defensive. No one is preaching.... at least no one is preaching any more or less than you are.:D

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
What about the metaphysical? Who is to say that anything that exists must be detected by the five human senses? Isn't that the height of human arogance? Surely God, as the source of physical existence is more than mere physicality?

Very interesting. Well said.:thumbs up:

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
If you look at the signs around us we can begin to believe god does not exist. I don't see how a higher being would allow some things currently happening to good people to happen. We see a lot of honest hard working people getting taken on a daily basis. We see innocent young kids getting horrific diseases and yet you see bad people getting away with scams and rip offs all the time with no ramifications. You can't tell me someone has to suffer through he'll on earth just to be saved

It's pretty depressing to think that if you get a virus and go blind, well just tough luck. It's just nature being ruthless.

If you feel that God, if he exists, is impersonal and uncaring given all the hardships some suffer... then what about nature. Is it really this beautiful, inspiring thing?

I think it is. You can't let the negatives block out all the positives and beauty in the world. There is no need to hate the concept of a (impersonal) creator God, any more or less than there is a need to hate the concept of nature.

I am wary of any form of worshipping. For example some worship technology. Why? It too has its dark side. Technology might also you to more efficiently destroy rain forests. It can allow nuclear power plants to warm peoples homes, but the dark side is nuclear weapons. Nothing is a panacea. There will never ever ever be a utopia, certainly not on this little earth. People need a little spirituality, in one form or another. Be spiritual, but don't worship? Possible?