• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Anyone else here a metal music fan?

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Well, I'm curious. Are there other metal music fans lurking around here? And tell me your favorite band(s) (maybe I'll find something new music to listen ;) ).

I'm Finn and we have excellent metal bands here, and mostly I listen Finnish and Scandinavian metal :)

My favorite bands (at this moment) in random order:

Dimmu Borgir (if my avatar and signature already told you that :p )
Shade Empire
Before the Dawn
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Nightwish
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Poisonblack
Children of Bodom
Barathrum
Samael
Arch Enemy
Sirenia
Amorphis
Sinergy
Tarot
Tristania

I'm sure I'm forgetting many, but anyway... :p

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

The only ones from this list I know are Nightwish...

S

Shadow

That's one more then me Kai ;) Sorry Whisper I'm an old rocker like xman

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

And I haven't heard anything new since they are without Tarja...

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
The only ones from this list I know are Nightwish...

Well, I think Nightwish is well-known compared to others, so no wonder ;)

That's one more then me Kai ;) Sorry Whisper I'm an old rocker like xman

There is nothing to be sorry, Shadow. After all, where are the roots of metal!? Without "old rock music" there would not be metal either :)

Your username suddenly reminded me of The Shadows and their song "Apache", it was and is my dad's favorites and I grew up listening it :)

And I haven't heard anything new since they are without Tarja...

This is a subject I don't even start, because I may not be able to control myself. Sorry Kai :(

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Does a f'n duck like water?

Oh yes :D

201_Nemi_hevi_pose.jpg

hawtsean

Banned
Reaction score
Does a f'n duck like water?

I wouldn't claim to be a 'fan', but I like to listen to everything, to get a sampling and an idea of what is out there. To name a few bands that I listen to when I want metal: Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Metallica. I don't play them at the ear-melting levels that some guys do, but I do enjoy them loud enough to feel the beat. Been down in the mosh pit a time or two.

S

Shadow

Well I used to really like Led Zeppelin, when I was about 15 or so. Does that count?

Saw them at the Marquee.

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
I wouldn't claim to be a 'fan', but I like to listen to everything, to get a sampling and an idea of what is out there. To name a few bands that I listen to when I want metal: Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Metallica. I don't play them at the ear-melting levels that some guys do, but I do enjoy them loud enough to feel the beat. Been down in the mosh pit a time or two.

Yes, listen to everything, some bands/singers may have only one song that I like (no matter what type of music) and the rest does nothing to me. I want to keep my ears open, always searching something good to listen to :)

Well I used to really like Led Zeppelin, when I was about 15 or so. Does that count?

Well, when I was working at the music department of our library, Led Zeppelin was (and is) in same place with Nightwish, Metallica and Shade Empire, so... ;)

X

XMan101

I have loads of Nightwish tracks, really like them.

Finland , as do a lot of the Scandinavian counties, has some great rockabilly style bands.

My taste does extend to the more interesting rock groups, particularly what was once called "progressive rock" in the 70s. Black Sabbath in their prime were quite superb.

Hell I even like Motorhead and the fuel charged AC/DC - but so called "heavy metal" can be just as boring as dance music to me unless some imagination goes into it.

One man considered to be the Godfather of heavy metal is the late Dick Dale. Way ahead of his time and he , along with Link Wray, definitely paved the way to hard driving guitar driven rock!

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
i love all types of music (traditional, classical, modern, acoustic, electric, electronic, etc etc etc...)

for this post i will let my inner metalhead speak :))

probably my favourite period of metal is the early 90s, (that explosion of funk and prog metal) bands like living colour, jane's addiction, faith no more, masters of reality, fishbone, soundgarden, bad brains, voivod, king's x, anthrax, alice in chains, etc etc etc..

at the moment my fave metal is coming from japan (has always been a major source of music for me) especially..

Dir En Grey brilliant band, their Uroboros album is one of the best ever, am impatiently waiting for their new album, due any day
Arise In Stability great new young band, have just released their debut, mindblowing potential
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas another new young band, the first genuinely good trancecore band i have heard
C.O.R.E. titanium level heavy and yet melodic, awesome band

most of the bands in the visual kei scene are very heavy as well, my current faves are

新興宗教楽団NoGoD such a hot tight band that words fail me
Versailles great band, superb integration of orchestra and choir, heavy and transcendent
the GazettE[ガゼット] great down low and heavy riff masters

and so many more from japan i could write for hours :) and still miss some out, these are just the few that pop into my head at the moment.

over the last couple of years i have also been discovering some awesome stuff from the rest of asia. (the heavy and independent scenes are finally getting a foothold)

believe it or not, there is a thriving metal scene in mainland china. just to mention two..

堕天 (The Falling) couldn't believe this band the first time i heard them, very heavy and prog
扭曲的机器 (Twisted Machine) very very heavy

and a few more selections

Ego Fall from mongolia, great to hear real diaphonic singing in a heavy context

Black Infinity from vietnam, again great heavy band, with a real sense of adventure, you should hear what they do to poker face by lady gag(a)

ChthoniC from taiwan, black metal fused with trad chinese instruments.

Rancorous from thailand, superb melodic black metal

Retrospect also thailand, more prog heavy rock than metal, but really good band

Urbandub from philippines, again more prog heavy rock, but their album Apparition is a real favourite of mine

Balance Of One from kazakhstan, one man intsrumental heavy metal, really cool stuff.

this really is just the tip of the iceberg. many more bands from the countries mentioned above, plus indonesia, malaysia, hong kong, (and more)

i could go on and on for hours.....

btw, a big thank you :heart::thumbs up: for making me aware of apocalyptica, working my way thru the discography, cool stuff :)

S

Shadow

Having worked as an auditor in shops that had record depts that is where Led Zeppelin always were in Heavy metal, although some of their music is blues based. But considering the way things change over time I thought they might be easy listening by now :rofl:

And yes always keep listening to all kinds of music, if you like something then like it because of the music means something to you, not what category it falls into.

Yes, listen to everything, some bands/singers may have only one song that I like (no matter what type of music) and the rest does nothing to me. I want to keep my ears open, always searching something good to listen to :)

Well, when I was working at the music department of our library, Led Zeppelin was (and is) in same place with Nightwish, Metallica and Shade Empire, so... ;)

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
XMAN101:
Nightwish is one of the bands that I have almost all albums, I usually buy them when they're released. And although I said to Kai earlier that I'm not going to say anything, but... I'm Nightwish fan, not Tarja fan (she has the most amazing voice, but...), the music Tuomas makes :eek::eek::heart::heart:

And rockabilly, have you heard a band called Francine?

There is so many interesting music in this world :D

ZORTEK:
Wow! You gave me a great list of bands, thank you!
I do listen japanese also, my absolute favorite is Buck-Tick, although I don't think their music is metal. Then there is MUCC, Gazette, D'EspaírsRay... I know Dir En Grey, but not too well.

And those others, I actually know Ego Fall, I've heard one song from them and I liked it, I really have to find out more :D

Apocalyptica is great :D And if you want to know more Finnish bands, just ask, I'll try to help :D

SHADOW:
If today's black metal bands seem to be shocking, what they'll be after 20-40 years :p

X

XMan101

I have one track by Francine, called "Shake my Bones". It's on a great compilation of Finnish rockabilly I have. So many great bands !!

It's funny what ends up in the easy listening sections of HMV etc . I do like easy listening anyway, but often had to look there for Rhythm & Blues and Rock 'n' Roll in some stores. Just shows how ignorant of anything not made last week the shop staff must be!

hawtsean

Banned
Reaction score
It's funny what ends up in the easy listening sections of HMV etc . I do like easy listening anyway, but often had to look there for Rhythm & Blues and Rock 'n' Roll in some stores. Just shows how ignorant of anything not made last week the shop staff must be!

At one point a while back, there was some talk of an industry legal action against HMV for "false and erroneous" labeling or categorizing of product. This apparently died due to the overwhelming pressure HMV can apply to the industry, by virtue of its size and distribution reach. Even when noted artists properly identify their genre, ignorant retailers undermine them and their fans -- almost as though only the latest pop release deserves notice. And so it goes in the music biz.

zdiesel

Reaction score
wow very interesting playlists
never heard of them but will give them a chance in the next time
espacially the asian ones

I (was) a metal fan far years ago with bands like
Black Sabbath
Dio
Iron Maiden
Led Zepelin

later on
Krupps
Sun
and one of my favorites - blue manner haze http://www.gayheaven.org/images/smilies/New_Smilies/thumbs up.gif

to something like
TOOL
Nine Inch Nails

today Iám searching for new interesting Bands
any suggestions welcome

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
I have one track by Francine, called "Shake my Bones". It's on a great compilation of Finnish rockabilly I have. So many great bands !!

At one point a while back, there was some talk of an industry legal action against HMV for "false and erroneous" labeling or categorizing of product. This apparently died due to the overwhelming pressure HMV can apply to the industry, by virtue of its size and distribution reach. Even when noted artists properly identify their genre, ignorant retailers undermine them and their fans -- almost as though only the latest pop release deserves notice. And so it goes in the music biz.

Yes, it seems like the only "good music" is the latest pop, unfortunately...

wow very interesting playlists
never heard of them but will give them a chance in the next time
espacially the asian ones

today Iám searching for new interesting Bands
any suggestions welcome

Especially asian :thinking: How about these (not all of them metal): Moi Dix Mois, Gackt, Shinee, Rain, Abingdon Boys School, Girugamesh...

Scandinavian metal & rock (well, one Swedish -Hammerfall, and the rest of them Finnish...):
Sonata Arctica
Brother Firetribe
Battlelore
Poets of the Fall
The 69 Eyes
The Rasmus
Unshine
Lullacry
Hammerfall
Sentenced (disbanded)
Turisas
Stratovarius
Suburban Tribe
Turmion Kätilöt (translation: Midwives of Destruction :p )

All right then: this next video will teach you to swear in Finnish... But I like this crazy song :p