• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2017

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Czech Republic: Martina Bárta - My Turn

marbar.jpg

In February, Czech broadcaster CT confirmed their artist for Kyiv would be the jazz singer Martina Bárta (29). She will represent Czech Republic in Kyiv with the song My Turn.

A vocalist and a player of the French horn, she was part of the Frankfurt am Main-based jazz band 4 To The Bar. She also had a role in the musical Robin Hood and worked with Felix Slováček and Karel Gott.

In an earlier interview, Martina revealed that she had been offered two songs. One was a pop song in a Katy Perry style written by a Swedish team, and the other was “My Turn”. Her chosen song was written by a British team and Martina felt it was a better match for her style.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Serbia: Tijana Bogićević - In Too Deep

tij4n4.jpg

Tijana Bogićević (35) has been selected by broadcaster RTS to represent Serbia in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest. The singer, who is currently living and working in the United States, was a backing vocalist for Serbia's Nina Radojičić in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest.

When offered the opportunity to participate again, Tijana gladly accepted and described the Eurovision Song Contest as an invaluable experience.

Tijana's song for 2017 ''In Too Deep'' has been written by an experienced and successful team; Borislav Milanov, Bo Persson, Johan Alkenas and Lisa Ann-Mari Linder. The four are producers, composers and founders of the group Symphonix Internatonal. As authors they have worked on numerous projects, and are no strangers to the Eurovision Song Contest. In 2014 they were part of Conchita's winning team with the song Rise Like A Phoenix and just last year they were part of Poli Genova's team of authors for If Love Was A Crime which finished fourth for Bulgaria in the Grand Final in Stockholm.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Israel: Imri Ziv - I Feel Alive

imriziv.jpg

Imri Ziv (25) has won Israel's national selection, HaKokhav HaBa L'Eurovizion (''The Next Star for Eurovision''), and will represent the country in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv with the song "I Feel Alive".

Imri is an Israeli singer and voice actor. In 2016, he performed voice over in Hebrew for the 3D animated film Trolls. Born in Hod HaSharon of Romanian-Jewish and Ukrainian-Jewish descent, Ziv studied at Ilan Ramon High School where he was part of a boyband.

He is no stranger to the Eurovision Song Contest and was a backing singer for both Nadav Guedj in 2015 and Hovi Star last year in Stockholm.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
OMG! I had totally forgotten to check Haiducii's traditional -and amazing- ESC thread for this year!

How could you forget that? :butslap: I thought you're not an ESC fan anymore. :p

e95e0dc2ae78e6e28c9a8d9029adce3f_monkey_man_sat.gif

So far my faves are Italy (my number one so far), Latvia, Belgium, Macedonia, Azerbaijan and Portugal :)

Same here! It looks like that all roads will lead to Rome next year. Thank you for your feedback. ;)

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
How could you forget that? :butslap: I thought you're not an ESC fan anymore. :p

e95e0dc2ae78e6e28c9a8d9029adce3f_monkey_man_sat.gif

I'm so sorry, is just that a lot of stuff has been happening that I forget some things lately, lol. But yeah, I'm still an avid ESC fan and can't wait for it this May :)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
San Marino: Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson - Spirit Of The Night

valeandjim.jpg

Valentina Monetta just can't get enough of the Eurovision Song Contest. Not happy the representing San Marino for three years in a row, she's back in 2017! Valentina will perform Spirit of the Night in Kyiv with Jimmie Wilson. The song was written by the one and only Ralph Siegel.

Jazz singer Valentina was born in San Marino and is to date, the only artist from San Marino to qualify for the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. She represented San Marino in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and she's back again in 2017!

Jimmie Wilson is a singer and songwriter, born in Detroit, Michigan. He came to Europe as the star of Michael Jackson’s musical Sisterella and now lives in Germany.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bulgaria: Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess

kristkosto.jpg

After months of intensive work, Bulgaria's national broadcaster BNT has revealed that Kristian Kostov will represent the country in 2017 with Beautiful Mess. Kristian follows in the footsteps of Poli Genova who represented the country with If Love Was A Crime, achieving Bulgaria's best ever placing in the Eurovision Song Contest.

The project for Kyiv marks the second year of BNT’s reinvigorated efforts to take the Bulgarian participation at Eurovision to a new level. The composers of the song are Borislav Milanov from Bulgaria, Sebastian Armann from Austria, and Joacim Bo Persson from Sweden, all of whom were part of last year’s successful entry If Love Was A Crime.

When asked about his song, Beautiful Mess, Kristian gave an interesting explanation as to why he and his songwriting team chose this title. "Beautiful Mess is authentic, interesting and transmits the sentiment and the main idea of the song. I like the song, because it’s what I am."

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Russia: Yuliya Samoilova - Flame Is Burning

screenglg.jpg

On Sunday, broadcaster Channel One confirmed that Julia Samoylova will represent Russia at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv, Ukraine with the song Flame is Burning.

Julia was born April, 7 1989 in Ukhta, Russia. She is a singer, composer and music writer. She is also the winner of various music contests in Russia and abroad. In 2013 she was a finalist of The X Factor in Russia.

Julia was selected to represent Russia internally. Yuri Aksyuta, Head of the Russian Delegation at Eurovision, said; "Julia is unlike any other singer, she is a charming young lady and a seasoned contestant."

Flame Is Burning was made a co-production with Leonid Gutkin, a Eurovision veteran who was in Russia's Eurovision team in 2013 with Dina Garipova and in 2015 with Polina Gagarina.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Armenia: Artsvik - Fly With Me

nintchjwj.jpg

Yesterday, Armenia’s representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, released her song for this year’s contest, “Fly With Me”. Armenia are the forty-third and final country to release their song for the 62nd edition of Europe’s most watched entertainment show.

“Fly with me” was composed by Lilith and Levon Navasardyan, who are known to Eurovision fans for Aram MP3’s “Not alone”, Mika’s “Love” and Iveta Mukuchyan’s “LoveWave”. The music and lyrics were inspired by this year’s slogan “Celebrate Diversity”. Featuring folk and traditional rhythms and elements not only from Armenia, but also from Europe, Africa and even Asia, “Fly with me” comes to showcase the beauty of diversity and proves that our stories and voices are the vivid colors of this world.

Artsvik Harutyunyan was born in Kapan, Armenia in 1984. As with so many of her Eurovision counterparts she has ditched the last name to be just Artsvik. The singer rose to fame when she competed in the 2013 series of Golos, the Russian version of The Voice.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
ESC 2017: who's your favourite to win?

tdju56.jpg

Playlist: The official music videos of Eurovision 2017 -> LINK

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
tdju56.jpg

Playlist: The official music videos of Eurovision 2017 -> LINK

Italy's contribution is very catchy and with a lot humor in it - it wouldn't make me unhappy if they won :thumbs up:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
''Heart of Gold'' becomes most played song on Slovenian radio

''Heart of Gold'', a song premiered by BQL at this year’s EMA, Slovenia’s competition for the Eurovision Song Contest, has become the most frequently played song on Slovenian radio within a week, setting a new record in the history of the official Slovenian radio charts.

65388391bq.jpg

“Heart of Gold” topped the SLO TOP 50 chart between February 27 and March 5, i.e. the week after the EMA final. The Prevalje-based duo consisting of brothers Rok and Anej Piletič received a special award by Sazas (Slovenia’s largest collective copyright management organization) for achieving this milestone.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Yet they chose (well, the juries and yes, I watched EMA 2017 -my fave was Nika Zorjan- LOL!) that dreadful boring ballad :/

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Will Russian singer be allowed into Ukraine ...

131536.jpg

On 22nd March several news outlets reported that the Russian participant in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest, Julia Samoylova, has been banned from travelling to Ukraine. Julia was chosen to represent Russia with the song Flame is Burning.

Statement from the EBU regarding Russia's participant in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest:

It has been confirmed to the EBU that the Ukrainian authorities have issued a travel ban on the Russian artist chosen for the Eurovision Song Contest, Julia Samoylova, as she has been judged to have contravened Ukrainian law by entering Crimea in order to perform.

We have to respect the local laws of the host country, however we are deeply disappointed in this decision as we feel it goes against both the spirit of the Contest, and the notion of inclusivity that lies at the heart of its values.

We will continue a dialogue with the Ukrainian authorities with the aim of ensuring that all artists can perform at the 62nd Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv in May.

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU), which operates Eurovision, said it was "deeply disappointed" by the decision, which "goes against both the spirit of the Contest, and the notion of inclusivity that lies at (its) heart."

It said in a statement however that it had to respect the local laws of the host country.

"We will continue a dialogue with the Ukrainian authorities with the aim of ensuring that all artists can perform at the 62nd Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv in May," the statement on the Eurovision website said.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
131536.jpg

On 22nd March several news outlets reported that the Russian participant in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest, Julia Samoylova, has been banned from travelling to Ukraine. Julia was chosen to represent Russia with the song Flame is Burning.

Statement from the EBU regarding Russia's participant in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest:

It has been confirmed to the EBU that the Ukrainian authorities have issued a travel ban on the Russian artist chosen for the Eurovision Song Contest, Julia Samoylova, as she has been judged to have contravened Ukrainian law by entering Crimea in order to perform.

We have to respect the local laws of the host country, however we are deeply disappointed in this decision as we feel it goes against both the spirit of the Contest, and the notion of inclusivity that lies at the heart of its values.

We will continue a dialogue with the Ukrainian authorities with the aim of ensuring that all artists can perform at the 62nd Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv in May.

The European Broadcasting Union (EBU), which operates Eurovision, said it was "deeply disappointed" by the decision, which "goes against both the spirit of the Contest, and the notion of inclusivity that lies at (its) heart."

It said in a statement however that it had to respect the local laws of the host country.

"We will continue a dialogue with the Ukrainian authorities with the aim of ensuring that all artists can perform at the 62nd Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv in May," the statement on the Eurovision website said.

Hate on the one and Hate on the other side ... could that be overcome?

portugal10

Reaction score
:heart::heart::heart: Portugal and :heart::heart::heart: Belgium

borstel

Reaction score
I think the netherlands has a beautuful well sung song

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Running order of the Semi-Finals of Eurovision 2017

The running order of the Semi-Finals of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest has been released by host broadcaster UA:pBC. The order was decided by the producers, using the same format that has been in place since 2013, in order to create a more exciting television show and ensure that each song stands out. The decision was approved by the EBU Executive Supervisor Jon Ola Sand and the Chairman of the Reference Group, Dr. Frank Dieter Freiling.

semi1.jpg

The running order for the Grand Final will be decided after the second Semi-Final on Thursday 11th May. The first Semi-Final will be held on Tuesday 9th May. The Grand Final of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest will take place on Saturday 13th May in Kyiv, Ukraine.

semi2.jpg