• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Forum status

DBOL777

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The staff of Gayheaven would like to apologize for the inconveniences the members are experiencing regarding the navigation of the forum...The admininstrators have contacted the owner of the forum and he said he will have his tech staff correct the problems related to the navigation of the forum...
It appears you can use bookmarked pages to help in your navigation, as well as clicking on members names and doing searches for their most recent postings...Also, the latest post for each section appears to be accessible when u click onto it...
The administration and staff members are trying to help in any way we can but unfortunately the repair of the forum is in the hands of the owner's tech staff..
Thanks for bearing with us in these difficult times...

The Staff of Gayheaven...

T

takeitall456

Some (kind) help to navigate the forums here. Thanks to slimjim :thumbs up:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
The job of Moderating must be much more difficult because of these tech issues.

Thanks to the staff for the great job they are doing.

:cheers:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Just to be clear - I am not disparaging the volunteer admins and the moderators in any way - I know how hard their job is, and I really appreciate all the time they donate to keeping these boards running!

Having said that - the fact that a problem as catastrophic in effect as this has been let drag on by the site owner for days is very disappointing. I literally put bread on the table making servers go, and I'm pretty darn sure I know what the problem is, and have done since the instant this mess started. I don't believe it's in any way reasonable to have it drag on this long.

I'm 90% sure the problem is simply that URL re-writing is misconfigured. The real URLs for posts on sites like this all end in icky query parameters like ?thread=13445. To make the URLs look prettier (and be ranked higher in search results), it's common practice to implement URL re-writting to transform icky URLs with question marks and equals signs and all that glop into pretty ones with the names of things and without icky symbols. The URL re-writting happens between the request arriving on the web server and the web server fulfilling the request. I.e. the web serving part of the web server always sees the true URLs, or at least it should, and right now it seems it isn't hence so many links being utterly broken.

Assuming I'm right, the short-term fix is trivially simple - disable URL re-writting and make-do with the true URLs until the web server configuration can be fixed. I.e. change one setting in the admin control panel and let us all get back to using the forum, viewing ads, and generating revenue for the site owner!

Here's the relevant docs: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/options_seofriendly_urls

I've offered my help a few times already in the past few days, but I'll do it once more - remember - this is literally what I do for living!

B.

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
Arrrr the TechiNerd B, like me, but I'm not a Server Techi Nerd. Im a PC Techi Nerd.. LOL

And slowly becoming a TechiNerd with iToys! mmmm :(

Lets hope B's advise helps the Admin Bods here with some ideas on how to resolve this issue :)

Good luck guys :)

Si

mark_63

Reaction score
the message has been passed on to the appropriate people, thank you gb2000ie, lets hope it is some help getting us back to normal

DBOL777

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please note that if you go to a post you can navigate to different sections using the forum jump box at the bottom right of the page..

Robbie

T

takeitall456

Please note that if you go to a post you can navigate to different sections using the forum jump box at the bottom right of the page..

Robbie

GH "jump box" is available (bottom right) on every post and every section, but not on the main menu.

Now please yourself ;)

chris81ffm

Reaction score
the message has been passed on to the appropriate people, thank you gb2000ie, lets hope it is some help getting us back to normal

are there any news regarding the useful hints from gb2000ie? It really sounds like a rewrite-problem

i tried also to sear a bit for a solution on this issue, but I don't know which software is installed: which OS, which webserver, which vbulletin-version, which PHP-version, which plugins and so on.

Administrators life is hard i know.
But we have a large community here, maybe some of us can help with useful hints and so on! Also did the admins tried to get help in vbulletin forums?

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
......we could fly to the moon 50 years ago, we will fly to mars....soon... but we can not navigate here....:rofl::rofl:....can not or will not? :thinking:

cut93550

Super Vip
Reaction score
Everything looking normal at the moment for me, using FireFox

jjjack

Reaction score
Yeah

Working for me.

Zippity-doo-dah!

Using Chrome.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well... it's about fuckin' time!

To all those wondering, yes even some of the staff have been locked out as well...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hallelujah!

Glad to get access again.

Using Opera at the moment.

Sniffit :)

whitecotton

Reaction score
Thanks to the tech guys for getting the forum back up and running - boy you were missed! x

princeps

Reaction score
Everything is fine using Safari on OS X. :) Thanks for bringing back the board to us! :)