• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Dubai ruler orders British tourist to be freed from jail

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
A 27-year-old electrician was arrested after accidentally touching a man's hip in a Dubai bar
2555189461eb137884cdf1d6a5be92b46b57e39a.jpg

A Scottish man is freed after being jailed for accidentally touching a man’s hip in Dubai.

Jamie Harron, a 27-year-old electrician, was sentenced to three months in prison yesterday (22 October).

But then the case against him was dismissed and the charges were dropped.
Ruler of Dubai intervened in tourist ‘gay’ case

Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum stepped in to personally intervene, and exonerated Harron.

Harron had been on a stopover in the Gulf city state when he brushed past a man in a bar.

Harron is said to have been holding a drink, moving through a crowded bar and held a hand in front of him to avoid spilling it on himself or others. He then ‘touched a man on his hip to avoid impact’.

He was later arrested for public indecency.
‘Unwarranted, defamatory and meritless’ allegations

‘It has now been established that the allegations against Jamie were entirely unwarranted, defamatory, and meritless; to such an extent that the Ruler of the country found it necessary to step in and correct the wrongful action of the Public Prosecutor and to quash the judgment of the court,’ Radha Stirling, CEO of Detained in Dubai, said.

‘This was a courageous and honorable decision on the part of Sheikh Mohammed, and while it highlights the urgent need for judicial reform in the country, it is also a hopeful sign that the UAE’s leadership possesses the will and vision to pursue such reforms in the future.’

Stirling was called by police to be told his case had been dismissed, and he should collect his passport.
Jamie Harron free to return home to Scotland

But then Harron arrived to the station, his passport was returned, and was told he was freed to go.

‘Of course, a fully functional legal system would not require outside intervention, and a case like Jamie’s would never proceed in the first place,’ Stirling added.

‘But we are enormously grateful to Sheikh Mohammed for stepping in and vindicating Jamie after months of hardship.’

The electrician was working in Afghanistan and was on a two-day stopover in the United Arab Emirates in July when he was arrested.

He since lost his job because of his detainment.
Code:
https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/dubai-ruler-orders-scot-touched-mans-hip-bar-freed-jail/#gs.Z=S94Gg

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Yes this was, although it took too long, a good result in the end. I've been following this story as it has been well reported here in UK. It not only cost him his job but apparently around £32000 in legal fees/accommodation etc. BBC said yesterday he is considering a civil action for redress

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope his employer is shamed for abandoning their employee after sending him over there.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what prompted him to step in to help this British citizen? I also wonder how many of his own citizens being persecuted by the government he has stepped in to save? Both of those are rhetorical questions in case anyone thinks I expect answers. I don't.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
His employer would be smart to reimburse him for all legal fees plus some compensation. I imagine Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum did it to keep talented workers from being too scared to come to Dubai.

Habukaz

Reaction score
I read because of so many foreigners in Dubai it was common practice to deport people if any homosexual activity becomes known. I'm also shocked that apparently the guy he touched, a Jordanian, is a manager in a German oil tech company called Neumann & Esser and they defended him. The Jordanian guy dropped charges earlier this month but the public prosecution kept going.