• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Anyone else here a metal music fan?

Behrluvr

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Well I used to really like Led Zeppelin, when I was about 15 or so. Does that count?

Well, when I was working at the music department of our library, Led Zeppelin was (and is) in same place with Nightwish, Metallica and Shade Empire, so... ;)

Led Zeppelin heavily influenced the Metal genre of course but they were not strictly a metal band. Was there such a thing as Metal when they were in their heyday?

A lot of their repetoire is not metal. Fr'instnce, take this little ditty:

About as far from Metal as you can get. BTW, any hopeful axe slingers out there should learn this tune. Elias, the guy in the vid will sell you for a buck the full tab and backing track for this tune. The chordal intro and lead line are very simple/easy yet sound great.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

I (was) a metal fan far years ago with bands like
Black Sabbath
Dio
Iron Maiden
Led Zepelin
Those are also the ones I recall from my youth adding to it the other one I loved to listen when I was doing my Martial art Kata, my eternal White Snake, Metallica, Cannibal Corpse and an official metal band called My MOM when she was chasing us around the house yelling and screaming like a metal band because we (I was) were little demons in fact the only thing that was true about her is that she really had some heavy metal in her hands ready for our butts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Megadeath
Judas Priest
Antrax
Slayers
Twisted Sisters (yeah those goes for my own sisters)
Def Leppard and Savatage

Last edited:

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
@ zdiesel tool !!!! totally forgot them on my 90s list :)

@ zdiesel and whisper a few more japanese bands/acts

XJapan in many ways the cornerstone of the current japanese metal scene
Miyavi
The Creator Of
Dolls Realize
Newbreed
Sync
Rampant
FACT
Umberbrown
Engu
Maximum The Hormone
ネガ (Nega)

a few more from china

Voodoo Kungfu
Yaksa
末裔 (The Last Successor)

and i forgot

鐵樹蘭 (Tie Shu Lan) hong kong
亥儿 (Haier) taiwan
COG philippines (feat sax, awesome sound)

if either of you would like more info etc, just pm me :)

@ whisper which band do you recommend from your list that i start on?
i like a prog type sound the most :)

ps great to know someone else here is aware of the japanese music scene:hug::hug:

Last edited:
S

Shadow

Considered to be the first Heavy Metal band.

Led Zeppelin heavily influenced the Metal genre of course but they were not strictly a metal band. Was there such a thing as Metal when they were in their heyday?

No it was called Heavy Rock

lhardwick69

Reaction score
there is a few bands with females as lead singers that i like--like lita fords song kiss me deadly and the duet she sings with ozzy osbourne colse my eyes--

and lets not forget fleetwood macs' stevie nicks--she has the most wonderful voice---

and right now my favorite band with female singer is otep-- and the album ascension is freaking awesome-- their new album atavist is ok few good songs but ascension is the best album metal wise i have listened to in a long long time--i listen to her music and you can tell she has a lot of anger inside and if you listen to the lyrics closely you will see why

now back to other bands the metal gods metallica--pantera and slayer shaped music for a generation and slayers album seasons in the abyss is awesome just a few of my faves later

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Here's one metal music listener more from Finn:thumbs up:. But I do listen to so many types of music that its no wonder theres some metal included.. even some black metal:devil:
Such as:
Beherit
Blasphemy
Sarcofago
Mayhem
etc.

And on the lighter metal side:
Type O Negative
Errr... And thats the lighter side I think:rofl:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Normally I'd say, yes, I am a metal head, by American standards...

But, calling myself a "Metal Head" in the presence of Finn's makes me sound like a poser...

My taste tends to run more in the classic rock/hair band area,
Zepplin
Alice Cooper
Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Metallica
AC/DC
Motor Head
Danzig
etc...

not the hard-core shit you Nordic types produce...

Last edited:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Here is a good website about Finnish metal music:

http://anonym.to/?http://www.metalfromfinland.com/

ZORTEK
http://anonym.to/?http://www.metalfromfinland.com/genres/Progressive+Metal

Japan does have good bands :D From your list Miyavi is my favorite

And bands I'd recommend, let's see. Well, I'd say you should start with our pride and joy, Nightwish (if you already haven't) and both with the ex-singer Tarja Turunen and new one, Anette Olzon. Then there are Sonata Arctica, Before The Dawn, Malpractice, Silentium...
My personal favorites are (if staying with Finnish bands -> Dimmu Borgir is Norwegian) Shade Empire (black/death), Ensiferum (folk metal), Finntroll (folk metal), Nightwish (power/melodical metal)...

Oh and this is something I found from youtube

IHARDWICK69

Here two my favorites from female singers:
Velcra (Jessi Frey)

Arch Enemy (Angela Gossow)

OTAGE
No löytyihän täältä toinenkin metallifani Suomesta ;) (Found another metal fan from Finland)

Yep, your list looks good :D
And Type-O-Negative a lighter one :thinking: Oookay :p
Do you like Moonspell (for some reason that band comes to my mind with Type-O...)?

BRMSTN69
Well... How to say this... For me those bands are quite much on the lighter side, although they ARE good bands. Besides many of those bands, without them wouldn't be my favorite bands either.

I think I forgot something, but this reply is growing and growing :p

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score

Yep, your list looks good :D
And Type-O-Negative a lighter one :thinking: Oookay :p
Do you like Moonspell (for some reason that band comes to my mind with Type-O...)?

Well we have played Moonspell with friends since one of them is a fan but personally not my favourites. Moonspell sounds little goth but not enough goth to satify my needs:p Black metal, goth, post-punk, classic, funk, acid house etc. Almost every genre has some bands close to my heart;)

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Almost every genre has some bands close to my heart;)

That is true and some bands may have a song that I absolutely love and dislike the rest.

Btw, have you heard of a band called Bone5? I was just listening their album Dead City Tales and it sounded good :)

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
thanks whisper :hug::hug:

i think i'll start with Ensiferum and Finntroll

i love to hear the fusion of traditional and modern styles :)

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score

That is true and some bands may have a song that I absolutely love and dislike the rest.

Btw, have you heard of a band called Bone5? I was just listening their album Dead City Tales and it sounded good :)

Never heard before. But checked just now and sounded quite good. I like the fact that they haven't mixed it to sound too plastic as they often do that nowdays.

But even though Finnland is known fo its metal music I think the Norway holds the gold medal:p

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
And I'm not a Borgir fan but they too have some good songs. I think Mourning Palace is a classic. And this ones also good:

:cheers:

(Video is kinda comical though:D)

Last edited:

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
And for the sake that this doesn't turn in to BM thread:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Never heard before. But checked just now and sounded quite good. I like the fact that they haven't mixed it to sound too plastic as they often do that nowdays.

But even though Finnland is known fo its metal music I think the Norway holds the gold medal:p

And I'm not a Borgir fan but they too have some good songs. I think Mourning Palace is a classic. And this ones also good:
:cheers:

(Video is kinda comical though:D)

Well, we both have excellent metal :)
And Mourning Palace is absolutely the best!! Sorgens Kammer Del II, my other favorites!!

zdiesel

Reaction score
thinking: How about these (not all of them metal): Break Down, Gackt, Shinee, Rain, Abingdon Boys School, Girugamesh...

Thanks very much whisper
I´m getting on listening to them
Break Down - very interesting
Gackt - not mine
Shinee - not mine
Abingdon Boys School - ok
Girugamesh - great - watched "Girugamesh - Break Down" great
will look further the list
I'm curious about it.
and to all the other suggestions in this thread

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Thanks very much whisper
I´m getting on listening to them
Break Down - very interesting
Gackt - not mine
Shinee - not mine
Abingdon Boys School - ok
Girugamesh - great - watched "Girugamesh - Break Down" great
will look further the list
I'm curious about it.
and to all the other suggestions in this thread

You're welcome :D
One thing though: I didn't have Break Down on my list, it was Moi Dix Mois :?

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
fucking great saw this on YT

yep, Miyavi is one of my very favourite guitarists (could never restrict myself to just one) :):)

ps have tried posting some cool vids for you, but all i'm getting is blank white boxes ???
feel like a noob :) (have followed tutorial, but no success)

Last edited: