• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Greiving gay husband forced from his Belfast home.

bigvern

Reaction score
This is really sad,especially as I was in the bed next to Maurice for a week or so in mid January before he worsened.(I was having more chemo as my leukemia had returned in December & was coming to the end of my first of 4 chemo sessions)
He was a nice chap,very upbeat & chearful despite being terminally ill.

http://anon.projectarchive.net/?http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-31539004

A grieving man who has been the target of a series of homophobic attacks and death threats has said he can no longer live in his north Belfast home.

Paul Finlay-Dickson, whose civil partner Maurice died of cancer last month, said the attacks began 18 months ago and continued through his illness.

Last edited by a moderator:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
That is really horrible :(

Ireland likes to present itself as the land of a thousand welcomes, but that welcome is sometimes distinctly lacking, especially in Northern Ireland, where loony preachers like Ian Paisley held too much sway for too long. Some parts of Belfast are like a small ex-clave of the US Bible Belt - born again into hate!

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
This is really sad,especially as I was in the bed next to Maurice for a week or so in mid January before he worsened.(I was having more chemo as my leukemia had returned in December & was coming to the end of my first of 4 chemo sessions)
He was a nice chap,very upbeat & chearful despite being terminally ill.

http://anon.projectarchive.net/?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31539004

Well, first of all let me send my best wishes for better health soon for you.

The news of Paul Finlay-Dickson's persecution even while he grieves the loss of the man he shared his life and love with is very sad. This is more than a tale of one man's rocky road to travel alone. It's a wake up call for us all.

No matter how many protections and rights are adopted by governments the struggle for Gay equality is far from over. Until we have won the support of the rest of society as a whole we are still at risk of discrimination, persecution and violence. Until there are real life consequences for those who discriminate, persecute and do violence to us we should keep one eye over our shoulders at all times.

When those last vestiges of homophobes and bigots are the ones who are refused service or in some way shunned by society then we will be halfway there. When the haters find the price for their hatred is too high they will have to adapt to the reality that we are equal in every way. They will have to change.

When that happens I fear they will just find some other minority to discriminate, persecute and do violence to.

Last edited:

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
They are just cowards without dignity. The worrying thing is that the so-called Western civil society is full of these wretched beings.

@ bigvern: Good luck for your care. Take care of yourself.

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
They are just cowards without dignity. The worrying thing is that the so-called Western civil society is full of these wretched beings.

You're absolutely right, bigsal. Let's face it, this could have happened ANYWHERE.