• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Gay kiss good for British soap

H

hammervice

Long-running British soap EastEnders got a boost in the ratings last week as viewers tuned in to catch a controversial gay, interracial kiss. An estimated 7.9 million viewers checked out the action on Friday as Syed Masood, a Muslim coming to terms with his sexuality, kissed openly gay character Christian Clarke.

The Guardian said the kiss helped EastEnders beat out all the competition with an average of 7.6 million viewers and a 38% percent audience share between 8 and 8:30 p.m.

Muslim leaders were offended by the decision to make Masood gay.

"There's a lack of understanding of Muslims already and I think EastEnders really lost an opportunity to present a normal friendly Muslim character to the British public,” Asghar Bokhari of the Muslim Public Affairs Committee told the BBC.

raisinboy

The Destroyer
Reaction score
What does Asghar Bokhari means? Now being gay, this character can't be portrayed as a normal friendly Muslim anymore?

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Good old google and youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:
X

XMan101

We get lots of gay kisses these days in soaps.

I don't really watch soaps but Hollyoaks (Channel 4) covers every aspect from 2 guys, 2 girls, Bisexuality, and even cross-dressing! It's aimed at the teen end of the market & it only seems to feature the best looking people (well, for the most part), the only reason it's worth watching :p They show this at 6.30pm too! We do have quite liberated mainstream TV in the UK and have for some time.

raisinboy

The Destroyer
Reaction score
Ugh. Please, not Torchwood.

As for the EastEnders kiss - it's actually rather tame and gets cut off, I wasn't exactly wowed by this one. (And the storyline from what I gathered from this scene is eerily similiar to the gay storyline German daily soap Alles Was Zählt had in 2007.)

blammy

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Syed is nice and I hope we get to see a full on hardcore xmas scene (lol) and maybe throw in that other boy Christian kissed about a year ago..can't remember his name but he was cute..omy :)

newage

Super Vip
Reaction score
I coulda sworn i saw the eastenders gay love couple like ages ago. But anways i don't see why it damages the muslim image in anyway. In truth muslims have had homosexuality a lot more than one would think. This is mainly due to the way they seclude and treat the women. THerefore many times the boys, who only see each other take to committing homosexual acts....and homosexual/closeted grown men take advantage of the youths...