• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Coach Tied To Beating Of Gay Couple Leaves Job

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess what happened on their way to dinner...

Coach Tied To Beating Of Gay Couple Leaves Job
Associated Press | By MARYCLAIRE DALE | September 18, 2014 1:23 PM

GayCoupleBeating.jpg

GayCoupleBeating%20philadelphiahatecrime.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — An assistant coach at a Roman Catholic high school has resigned over his role in a beating that left two gay men injured, church officials in Philadelphia said Thursday.

About a dozen young adults were linked to the Sept. 11 encounter after police released surveillance video Tuesday and social media users mined online posts, including a group photo taken at a restaurant, to try to match the faces with names.

"Violence against anyone, simply because of who they are, is inexcusable and alien to what it means to be a Christian," Archbishop Charles Chaput said Thursday in a statement.

No arrests have been made, but some of the young men and women seen in the video have submitted to voluntary interviews with police, a spokesman said Thursday.

"Investigators are continuing to interview a number of people regarding this incident, folks from the video as well as other civilian witnesses that have come forward," said Lt. John Stanford, a police spokesman.

The video shows the well-dressed group out for a night on the town. It was taken before the encounter with the gay couple, who were on their way out for pizza.

The gay men, who are in their late 20s, said they were held down, punched and beaten after they bumped into the large group on the street. Members of the group hurled gay slurs as the men were pummeled, they told police. One man was left with a broken eye socket and a wired jaw, while his partner had bruises and a black eye.

The large group included former students at Archbishop Wood, located in the Philadelphia suburb of Warminster, the archdiocese said. The part-time coach had worked at the same school but now is banned from coaching anywhere in the archdiocese, the church said.

"A key part of a Catholic education is forming students to respect the dignity of every human person whether we agree with them or not," Chaput said. "What students do with that formation when they enter the adult world determines their own maturity and dignity, or their lack of it."

Stanford said police are still seeking additional video that could confirm or contradict the couple's report.

"It's our responsibility to bring those in who are responsible for committing a crime, but it's also our responsibility to thoroughly investigate to make sure the right person or persons are charged," he said.

State Rep. Brian Sims, the state's first openly gay lawmaker and a Democrat from Philadelphia, said the local gay community is outraged over the case.

He hopes it will add to the growing — if ignoble — list of cases he can cite in a push to include sexual orientation in the state's hate crime laws. Currently, it is not, although gays won the right to marry this year after a federal judge struck down the state ban.

"If we can accept as a society that two people who love each other should be able to get married, maybe that will help the understanding that perhaps they shouldn't have to fear being fired, or fear for their safety in their hometown," Sims said.

A group of young adults, many of them well-dressed, had just left a South Street restaurant about 10:45 p.m. last Thursday when they encountered a gay couple on Chancellor Street near 16th. Police say the group proceeded to beat the men in front of stunned onlookers.

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
It's great that the video & photo are out there. IMO the best thing that could happen now would be for everyone to repost them so that the group will be seen everywhere.

I encourage everyone to do that.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
As I have said before: these types are only strong in a group because they are cowards alone! But let me say too, that there has been too a peer pressure. Perhaps every boy or girl of this group alone would have done nothing to these both gay boys. But the group makes them "strong" and each of them will prove that he/her will be the better homophobe guy/girl than the other.

And RockNLol I'll totally agree with you that all tears by this types will be only crocodile tears and that they will not have any compassion to the victims but only for themselves.

I would be very interested to hear from the verdict to them if they will be ever condemned.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
As demonstrated by the daily news from around the world, incidents of violence against gay people are still very frequent.

The absurd thing about this episode, that violence has been committed, not from skinheads, but by people who attend religious circles. Evidently, their doctrine not talk only about love, or have learned little from it.

F

frontlemon

I completely agree with Shelter above... This attitude of group psychology can be used for the good too. I a majority of the society comes to accept homosexuality then others "maybe unwillingly" will follow course.
Along with legal consequences, I want that the pictures of the offenders be displayed in public palces with the message "What these people have done is what humans should not do"

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Boy those tough guys showed that gay couple what strong men they are in front of that large group of their friends and a woman helped them do it.

Three charged in assault on gay couple in Center City
Aubrey Whelan, Inquirer Staff Writer Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 3:40 PM

The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office has approved arrest warrants for two men and a woman in an assault in Center City that sent a gay couple to the hospital earlier this month.

The three, all from Bucks County, will be each charged with two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of simple assault, two counts of recklessly endangering another person, and one count of criminal conspiracy, the District Attorney's Office said in a statement.

The office identified those to be charged as Philip Williams, 24; Kevin Harrigan, 26; and Katherine Knott, 24.

Police have said the gay couple was assaulted by a group near Rittenhouse Square on Sept. 11. Both men were sent to the hospital after the incident, and one needed to have his jaw wired shut. Police said the group made disparaging remarks about the men's sexual orientation.

The couple have said that the incident began after one of them bumped into a member of the group, and another member of the group asked whether the two were dating. Then, they said, they were attacked.

According to law enforcement sources and others close to the investigation, several members of the group interviewed said the incident began after both sides exchanged words, and that one of the victims escalated the incident, shoving or becoming physical with a woman in the group.

The incident sparked widespread outrage in Philadelphia and across the country. Several legislators and Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey have called for an expansion of the state's current hate-crimes statute to include crimes motivated by sexual orientation.

District Attorney Seth Williams, in a statement, called the incident "a vicious attack" and thanked the public for sending in tips.

"An assault on people because of their sexual orientation has no place in Philadelphia," he said.

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope these persons will get a severe sentence. And I know that my feelings are unchristian - but I hope they will come into a prison where some tough guys will show these "well-behaved" namby-pamby boys what it is meaning to be a victim!

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Evidently these "God-fearing" not attending the James Madison University in the US state of Virginia, but the church's of the Homophobic preacher.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sure that it is. I might have known it! Look at these innocent faces. Boys and girls from "wonderful families"! "she would not hurt anybody!" "In no way, shape or form was this incident related to anyone's sexual orientation," surely not, do you have thought otherwise?

It was the fault of these both gay boys! Why they have roved about on the streets? So my verdict: Guilty for the gays!

Oh my God - I could cry with anger! Nothing will happen to these criminals!

F

frontlemon

Yes - first a dog howls out, then the others can't resist so they howl out louder and then all the dogs are howling - when you are brought into a court, you deny everything - how human...

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sure that it is. I might have known it! Look at these innocent faces. Boys and girls from "wonderful families"! "she would not hurt anybody!" "In no way, shape or form was this incident related to anyone's sexual orientation," surely not, do you have thought otherwise?

It was the fault of these both gay boys! Why they have roved about on the streets? So my verdict: Guilty for the gays!

Oh my God - I could cry with anger! Nothing will happen to these criminals!

Their lawyers are paid to put their best possible case forward. If those quotes were from anyone else they would be worrying, but their lawyers wouldn't be doing their jobs if they said anything else.

Lets let justice run its course before assuming the worst.

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree gb.

On the other hand... why only three among that crowd of good, God fearing, law abiding, clean cut 'citizens'? Who among that crowd stepped in to stop the violent beating of a gay couple? A beating severe enough to break a jaw and fracture an eye socket? Why only three among that crowd were charged?

One of the 'excuses' was the gay couple started it. I believe they claim one of the gay guys 'bumped' into that woman and the gay guys were rude to them. Imagine the sidewalk being blocked by a large group of people snickering and being disrespectful with cat calls and name calling. You are supposed to cow down and be glad they pass you by without a beat down. If you dare to keep walking and not back down onto the street to let this crowd of 'citizens' pass then you deserve a beat down... huh?

I think the whole crowd of 'citizens' should have been charged with the attack. None of them tried to stop their 'friends' from sending those 2 'fags' to the hospital. It is sickening. But that attack was only one of hundreds or thousands that happened that night and every night against gay men. I know violence is a fact of life and it's not isolated to attacks on Gays but this case is the current topic of discussion.

I'm afraid these good 'citizens' will either be acquitted or get community service and a $100 fine. Maybe those 2 handsome guys - pretty boys - should go to prison for a year. I bet they would be some War Daddy's bitch their first full night in the prison dormitory. But to be honest I would not wish that on them or anyone else. I would have mercy on them. I would sentence them to a year of volunteer work helping victims of gay bashing and run away teens who have been abused by their family and thrown out of their house or HIV/AIDS victims who need help with the simple chores of daily living like bathing, cleaning, shopping and cooking.

It really is a shame that those 2 beautiful boys with so many advantages in life had to beat 2 defenseless gay men who were on their way home after dinner the same as that crowd... MOB of clean cut, god fearing, law abiding 'citizens'.

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sniffit, you are surely totally right with your human plea of forgiveness and mercy - but it will be difficult to me, because I (or better two of my friends) have to go through such a same nightmare some months ago.

And honestly will mercy always be the better way? Will these "christians" really accept mercy in all its profundity?

Surely you can answer now, if a prison term will bring them to a better way?!

I can't answer either the first nor the second question. But a cowardly attack of so many to so few (which never ever had a chance to defend themselves against such superiority) - such an offence has to be punished with the full vigour of the law and that without any mercy or forgiveness!

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dear Shelter, I share your concerns and your indignation. We have to wait for that justice takes its course, but experience has taught me that not all processes are "super partes".
(Latin phrase that means "rise above the parties" or rather take a neutral position).

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
For some reason and I can't imagine what that reason could be, the page bigsal linked to has suddenly been deleted.
By the way it's nice to have friends when the law is involved.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
By the way it's nice to have friends when the law is involved.

I totally agree with you. But not only if the law is involved. I truly hope that not only in this worst case I or all of you will have friends.

I think real and good friends are so necessary as the air we have to breath for living. Without friends your life will be empty and useless. p:p

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
The "friends" in this case are the ones who are trying to pervert the course of justice in order to protect the guilty. (Sarcasm)
Real friends are real friends of course.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
The "friends" in this case are the ones who are trying to pervert the course of justice in order to protect the guilty. (Sarcasm)
Real friends are real friends of course.

Sorry, sorry, sorry - I've misunderstood you. May I excuse this with the language barrier????!!!! (It will be always the best apology, didn't it?-:) ) So once more -SORRY Dargelos! Next time I'll read more carefully. p:p