• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Kim Davis’ One Gay Friend Is Angry

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Kim Davis’s One Gay Friend Is Angry
TheDailyBeast | By Katie Zavadski | 09.24.15 1:00 AM ET

215597409fafa007ca129c3910844fd4d625079b.jpg

Courtesy of Dallas Black

Dallas Black says he’s known her for years and respects her personal opinion, but she’s embarrassing their progressive hometown.
It turns out Kim Davis was telling the truth when she claimed to have gay friends.

Dallas Black of Morehead, Kentucky, called The Daily Beast after the anti-gay marriage clerk said in an interview on Good Morning America that she had gay friends.

Black said he’s known Davis his whole life—her first husband is even a distant cousin of his—but said he and Davis became close after she helped him with paperwork at the Rowan County clerk’s office after his mother died. While he said Davis wasn’t someone he “would get lunch with,” she would give him advice. Black even had her home phone number.

“Even after this all started, I went in a few days later and we spoke,” he said. “We talked about how each other were feeling, and how we’re gonna be friends even after all this.”

Now he said he doesn’t recognize her.

“I really don’t know who Kim is at the moment. I really want to believe that the kind, sweet person who was there when my mom passed away is still there,” he said. “I was friends with Kim in the past, but I don’t know this woman I’ve been seeing.”

Black said he was surprised just how hard she’s fought against gays getting married.

“I somewhat feel like she is taking this to an extreme, because she didn’t become a Christian until four years ago,” Black said of the “media fiasco” she created.

Black said he tolerates Davis’s views—even members of his own family don’t support same-sex marriage—but turning the town into a “backwoods” laughingstock is really upsetting.

“Kim Davis has become the face of Morehead, and that’s not the face we want to portray,” he said.

Morehead is one of the most progressive college towns in Kentucky, Black proudly said. In 2013, its city council unanimously passed an LGBT non-discrimination ordinance, only the sixth city in Kentucky to do so. With its arts scene, students, and coffee shops, Black said many LGBT Kentuckians choose to make it their home.

“This is kind of like a sanctuary for people who came to [Morehead State University]. They live here now, they’ve made it their home because it’s so progressive,” he said. “And now it’s like, what is this place we live in? This is not the home we know. We don’t feel safe now. That’s ultimately what she did. She made us feel like our home was invaded by strangers, and she made us strangers to it.”

Black said the town has changed a lot since he came out in 2002, when he faced a “backlash.” Now a local bookshop is printing shirts that read, “Small town does not mean small-minded.”

But if she came to him for support, Black says he would be there for her just like she was there for him in his time of need. “Morehead is like a big family, a big community,” he said.

She wouldn’t be on his wedding guest list, though—he’d keep it small, to close friends, and ones who support same-sex marriage wholeheartedly.

SOURCE

This gave me an new perspective on the people of this small college town.