• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Hundreds Turned Away From Only Session On Gays At Catholic Meeting

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hundreds Turned Away From Only Session On Gays At Catholic Meeting
Huffington Post | By Kimberly Winson | 09/26/2015 07:20 AM EDT

The room was changed last minute from one that could hold 10,000 to another that seated just 1,000.

21565812854bbf57a2bfab776e0985a758b56caf.jpeg

At the World Meeting of Families, Ron Belgau, center, and his mother Beverley Belgau, right, described to a packed room what it was like for them dealing with Ron’s same-sex attraction.

PHILADELPHIA (RNS) Homosexuality was such a combustible topic at the World Meeting of Families, a four-day Catholic gathering under way here, that it was doused twice.

First, Philadelphia Archbishop Charles Chaput earlier this month barred LGBT Catholics from holding a workshop at a Catholic parish near the event. It moved to a local United Methodist Church instead and is operating simultaneously, but with vastly smaller numbers than the 17,000 people on hand for the main event at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

Then, just as the single session on homosexuality at this Vatican-approved meeting of Catholic families was to begin on Thursday afternoon (Sept. 24), a conference official took the stage in the main hall, capable of seating at least 10,000, and announced the location had been moved.

Thousands of people got up and made their way up one floor to another room capable of seating only about 1,000. Hundreds of others were turned away, the doors shut on them by convention center officials citing fire code regulations.

Inside the session, it was standing room only, with some people sitting on the floors and in the aisles. All were silent as Ron Belgau, the sole openly gay man allowed to make a presentation here, took the microphone and, with his mother Beverley, described how he follows a “traditional Christian sexual ethic” that says homosexual activity is sinful.

“Some people have described me as the official face of gay celibate Catholics,” Belgau, 40, said from a small podium at the front of the room. “But the last thing I want after this session is people looking at me. Every parish has gay kids, every family has a member suffering with same-sex attraction. I hope that when you return to your parishes you will be able to accompany them in whatever struggles they face and speak up” against the stigma of same-sex attraction.

At that, the crowd broke into applause — something they did multiple times throughout the session. They seemed especially absorbed when Belgau’s mother, Beverley, took the podium and described her son’s coming out at age 21 as “the worst day of my life.”

“You may think the fact that he is celibate makes my life easier, and in some way it does,” she said. “But to be attracted to the same sex and publicly celibate in a sexually free society is no easy road to walk.”

World Meeting of Families organizers were not immediately available to answers questions about the last-minute move to another room.

But for members of Equally Blessed, a coalition of several groups supportive of LGBT Catholics who are not celibate, the move was an echo of the earlier rebuffs.

“We are just trying to understand and give them the benefit of the doubt,” said Ryan Hoffmann, director of communications for Call to Action, one of the groups in Equally Blessed.

Hoffmann was there with several members of Equally Blessed. He characterized Ron Belgau’s appearance as “generous,” “sincere” and “courageous.”

But he added: “The frustration is that he didn’t speak to the many expressions of love LGBT Catholics and their families experience every day.”

Still, he said, the fact that so many were turned away is a positive sign.

“This just speaks to the fact that people want to talk about LGBT Catholics and their relationship with the Catholic Church,” Hoffmann said.

SOURCE

World Meeting of Families organizers were not immediately available to answers questions about the last-minute move to another room.

Isn't it obvious?

The Pope and all his henchmen are vile, hypocritical bigots. He presents himself as humble and compassionate but that is just the sheep's clothing hiding the unholy crimson vestments of The Grand Inquisitor.

The lone Gay allowed to speak is a eunuch who had to publicly flagellate himself as if he was confessing his sins to be forgiven before the piles of wood at his feet were set ablaze... okay, maybe that's overly dramatic but things like this make my blood boil ...

215658439d36adbf22bd3f49d43a0f443c9b4157.jpg

1498 Tomas de Torquemada, inquisitor who burned 10'000 persons

21565958248dc81e8b4ae9df925d648c8a2d1fe1.jpg

Pope Francis to Discuss Family Values at Church Leaders' Synod

Is it just me or does anyone else see a striking resemblance between Pope Francis and Torquemada?

2156596943b906959418097f4cf60abbe8f34e5f.jpg

Last edited:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
every family has a member suffering with same-sex attraction

The only reason they are suffering is because of bigoted people, and bigoted organisations like the Roman Catholic Church!

B.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is the representative of Christ on earth.

Just as Christ, use personal aircraft, moving with helicopter and Lavish cars, walking on a carpets of velvet, greeted like a head of state, the richest state in the world.

More than a pope, it seems one showmen. What a sad spectacle.

S

skyward

The Pope and all his henchmen are vile, hypocritical bigots. He presents himself as humble and compassionate but that is just the sheep's clothing hiding the unholy crimson vestments of The Grand Inquisitor.

You sound like Alex Jones.

The Pope's Plan Could Kill a Billion People

Pope Francis: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

:))

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
Wether you like the Pope or not you have to agree he's one of the most progressive Pope's in our history.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wether you like the Pope or not you have to agree he's one of the most progressive Pope's in our history.

As pope's go, he's one of the better ones. Though he is of course still a pope, and massive institutions like the the RCC don't turn on a six-pence, no matter what a pope wants.

While the church is still PAINFULLY behind the curve on social issues, Francis is at least making progress on economic issues. I'm not saying things are perfect, but you can see that he's thrown the rudder over, and the giant monolith is starting to change direction.

Depending on how long he gets to be at the helm of the church, I think he could make a positive change to the RCC. The real question is what kind of successor the cardinals will elect - another Ratzinger to un-do any changes Francis gets to make, or another Francis to keep the changes coming.

B.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score

You live in the US and as most people away from the Vatican, and rightly think that this pope is a revolutionary.

I live in Italy, where for two thousand years there is this theocratic regime (it seems incredible but still now the church dictate the political program of my country).

Everything you see is only marketing, needed to clean up the image of the Catholic Church after the scandals of pedophilia committed by its priests all over the world.

Only those who live in Italy, you would realize that the church has not changed anything, except more attention to the problem of pedophilia.

If you have desire and a little time, I invite you to study the history of the Jesuits (of course not ecclesiastical texts), then maybe you would understand that a Jesuit has nothing to do with Christ.

There is an Italian proverb that should give pause to many people pervaded by "faith":

"Who do you sheep, eats the wolf" and I assure you that the Catholic Church has very, very hungry.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Quote by jazzeven:

Do you seriously think the pope did see the schedule of the event and then decide to overrule the planers to move the gays into a smaller room because he likes being an asshole so much?

I never said Big Daddy Francis moved 'the gays' to a smaller room etc ...

I said he and his henchmen (all those below Big Daddy in rank) are vile, hypocritical bigots.

My rhetorical question 'Isn't it obvious' referred to the anti-Gay position of the RCC and all the other religious bigots of the world doing everything they can to impede any momentum Gay Equality has to move forward.

But I agree with much of the rest of your comment, jazzeven.

:)

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Because of where I live and work, I have more insight into the inner workings of the mega-corp that is the RCC than most, and jazzeven is dead right. The pope is not a dictator, he gets to influence the powerful, he gets to make appointments as jobs become free, and he has one hell of a bully pulpit, but his power is mostly one of influence rather than diktat. This means the effect he has will be slow and stead, rather than dramatic.

The RCC is designed to be slow to move, that is how it survived for well over a millennium! If the pope manages to make dramatic changes in a decade, that will be spectacularly quick when viewed over the churches centuries long history.

The best analogy is an oil tanker. The pope has thrown the helm hard over, initially it seems nothing has changed, but slowly but surely the big hulk will start to change course, slowly at first, and then ever more quickly.

My fear is that he'll be replaced and the rudder pushed the other way before there has been enough time for real change.

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so very proud of President Obama. He has used his influence to move many causes forward least of all Gay Equality.

If only all 'politicians' and 'figure heads' of institutions used their 'bully pulpit' for the greater good like Obama the world would be miles closer to a better place to live.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Given that only 5 years ago there wouldn't even be a discussion on gays at the Catholic conference, it's a 100% improvement...

jjjack

Reaction score
Clarification?

There is an Italian proverb that should give pause to many people pervaded by "faith":

"Who do you sheep, eats the wolf" and I assure you that the Catholic Church has very, very hungry.

"Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you."

Is THAT the saying you're referring to?

Thanks for the interesting info on the relationship between Italy and the Roman Catholic Church.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed. But even in the case of Obama it is far from what he would liked to have done and instead some compromise and process up to the highest court. It took him one and a half term to get that far and had the constitution been worded just slightly different, probably another hundred years. And he did not even have to start from zero, as he could start on Clinton's work, who made with "Don't ask, don't tell" an important step a decade earlier.

Do you live in America jazzeven? If so then you should be aware of how the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy was implemented. Unfortunately more service men and women were drummed out of the military during the DADT period than before.

I've voted Democrat in every election except 1972 when I voted for Nixon. What a mistake that was, lol.

However, Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton was no friend to the Gay community. He, like so many other politicians, courted Gays and paid lip service but he was never a champion of Gay Equality. Neither is Hillary. Her record on Gay Marriage is abysmal. She may pay lip service now but in the past she was 100% in step with the 'Marriage is between a man and a woman' brigade. I don't believe she would give the same support President Obama has given us. Say what you will about Obama but his record speaks for itself.

:D

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score

"Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you."

Is THAT the saying you're referring to?

Thanks for the interesting info on the relationship between Italy and the Roman Catholic Church.

For me who do not speak English is a little difficult to explain the meaning of proverbs, also because Google translator is not a thinking machine.

However I try:

If one makes the sheep, the wolf is ready to eat she.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretzel logic