• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

my first gay event

hhindd

Reaction score
Hi Wardell - Sorry to hear about your difficulties, it sounds like You have the interest & need to start an event in your own town.

W

wardell

Bublic transport? If you feel you live too far or can't move around are broplems that are solvable. Getting frustrated won't help. Moving, getting car, they have their own broplems, which too are usually solvable by long term planning.

You need to aproach broplems reasonably. Try to find solutions instead of obsticles. If I can't get to my target A, I try to figure how I could get there, or try come up with target B etc.

You can deal with your frustration. Learn about positive coping skills and broplem solving. Find your negative weaknesses, and work away from them. 'Why this shit always happens to me' is negative. It focuses on the bad and negative, and it implays shit and broplems doesn't happen to everyone. The key is how people deal with their shit, and change in those habbits is quite common if one wants and does some learning and self-exploring.
you are right all I do is focus in the bad and negative and that is something I need to fix. I need to stop Complaining and found away around my problem. it will be hard but that just means I just need to work harder

Dendood

Reaction score
Big thing is to never give and up and stay creative.

Perhaps your mom is unwilling to drive you to a gay event, so part way may be a solution? Get you to public transportation and then you get the last nine yards without any discomfort on her part about going to a gay event.

Perhaps you can contact the event and ask for transportation suggestions. If it is a fund raiser then it is likely someone at an event for helping people may show and interest to help support you in some small way. Heck, you could -or rather should- offer to help cover gas, pass out raffle tickets, whatever to contribute in exchange for getting a lift. Offering to help is a great way to feel empowered. Maybe make new friends...

Use this internet thinggie to help yourself resolve your issues. There's a lot of crap on the internet, but there's a lot of good stuff too.

Enjoy your first gay event when it happens. And enjoy the second, and third. But, keep in mind though what a great gay poet once wrote as a one line poem in a book of poems:
"After an all night of going around to gay bars, I came home and said to myself...."Art."

W

wardell

being at the meeting did show me I have a lot to work on, when I first got out of the car my first thought was "if I go in there then they well all know I'm gay and like men" I did not like admitting that I was gay and once inside being next to the flag made me uncomfortable I did not want to be associated with it. it felt wrong. did any one else feel like this when they first came out? if so how did you get over it?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wardell, please! You have not been in an open market-place and cried out loudly that you are gay. You have been at an "Gay-Event" and all of them there have been gay. Why did you feel uncomfortable? Finally open the door of your closet and come out. You only will do yourself a favor. You are not ill - you "only" are gay! But you must accept it for yourself.

W

wardell

Wardell, please! You have not been in an open market-place and cried out loudly that you are gay. You have been at an "Gay-Event" and all of them there have been gay. Why did you feel uncomfortable? Finally open the door of your closet and come out. You only will do yourself a favor. You are not ill - you "only" are gay! But you must accept it for yourself.

I am out. I came out when gay marriage became legal in the u.s but the only one I came out to is my mother. and neighbor there is no one else to come out to I have no other family or friends.

W

wardell

I just thought I would give an update. I did not go the new event I did not have the money but I did come up a plan for future events seeing as how I cant drive that far without any one and no one will/can go with me, my mother and I came up with a plan I can't believe I did not see it sooner. she can drive me to were I want to go drop me off then she can wait at the library near by and pick me up when its over.

mmarty

Reaction score
You are very lucky to have such a kind, supportave and understanding mother! What a blessing!