• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Finland: Softengine - Something Better

The jury and televoters have spoken, Softengine will fly the Finnish flag in Copenhagen! The jury favourites, Softengine, were announced as the winners and their song Someting Better becomes Finland's entry in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.

umk1etu141.jpg

Big sounds and epic melodies – that’s what Softengine is about. The members of this 5-piece band look up to such bands as Muse and 30 Seconds to Mars. If there’s any justice in this world, Softengine will be as huge as their idols very soon. They’re not in any hurry though; the guys are only between 16 and 19 years of age!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
F.Y.R. Macedonia: Tijana Dapčević - To The Sky

On 28 August 2013, Tijana Dapčević was announced as the Macedonian representative for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest during the MRT evening news programme Dnevnik. Tijana received over fifty songs from composers across the Balkan region but favoured the three songs she received from Darko Dimitrov. The presentation of the entry took place on 22 February 2014 during a special edition of the MRT programme Hit na mesecot (Hit of the Month).

imgphp.jpg

‘To the sky‘ is composed by Darko Dimitrov and Lazar Cvetkoski, and the lyrics were written by the 2006 Macedonian representative Elena Risteska. Laura Rosca worked on the English version of the song. It is expected that her sister, Tamara Todevska, will be her backing singer. Tamara represented her country at Eurovision in 2008.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Belarus: TEO - Cheesecake

TEO with the song "Cheesecake" will represent Belarus at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014. This became known after the final qualifying round had been held on January 10 at Belteleradiocompany.

bel.jpg

Yuri Vashchuk (TEO) was born in 1983. As a child, he attended accordion lessons and even became a laureate of the International Children's Contest "Praleska". Yuri studied at Grodno State College of Art and Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts. In 2000, he was invited to work at the National Concert Orchestra of Belarus under Mikhail Finberg. Yuri cooperates with many Belarusian and foreign artists as arranger and composer. He is also a winner of the National Music Award.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Denmark: Basim - Cliché Love Song

The winner of this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is Basim with his entry Cliche Love Song. He will have the honor of representing the hosting country for Eurovision Song Contest 2014. The result was decided by jury and televoting, where all five jury-members gave Basim their top score.

danlel.jpg

Anis Basim Moujahid (born 4 July 1992), better known as Basim, is a Danish pop singer and songwriter. He is of Moroccan origin, but lives in Høje Gladsaxe, a large housing project on the outskirts of Copenhagen. At age of 15, he took part in the 2008 edition of the talent program The X Factor and reached the quarterfinals before being voted out. After X Factor, he started a solo singing career in Denmark with two albums released: Alt det jeg ville have sagt in 2008 and Befri dig selv in 2009.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sweden: Sanna Nielsen - Undo

After six weeks of Melodifestivalen 2014, we have a winner. In what will go down in history as one of the closest contests ever, Sanna Nielsen beat Ace Wilder by just two points to earn the ticket to Copenhagen. This was Sanna Nielsen’s seventh time in the Swedish final and her first victory. Swedish schlager diva will represent Sweden with the ballad Undo in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Denmark.

sve.jpg

Sanna Nielsen is an established star in her native Sweden. She has been a presence on the Swedish charts since she was just 11 years old, when she scored her first hit with "Till En Fågel." Blessed with a voice of impressive power and clarity, she is probably best known for her frequent entries into the Swedish Melodifestivalen, the most popular television show in Sweden, in which veteran performers compete alongside unknowns to represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wow! Great thread haiducii!!!

Until now I haven't heard a song that catches my attention unlike previous years.
I was really hoping for an Ace Wilder victory in Sweden and that also didn't happen :(

So far the best songs IMHO are the ones from The UK and Italy.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač - Spet (Round And Round)

Evrovizijska melodija (EMA), the Slovenian national final, has ended moments ago. It was decided that the 20th Slovenian Eurovision entrant is going to be Tinkara Kovač and her flute with the song Spet (Round And Round), co-written by Hannah Mancini, who represented Slovenia last year.

slordr.jpg

After the first televoting round which lasted for 10 minutes, Tinkara Kovač with Spet (Round And Round) and Muff with Let Me Be (Myself) were selected as the best two acts. Another five minute televoting was then open, where Tinkara was the most voted, and will thus represent Slovenia in Copenhagen.

Now&Forever

Reaction score
Yay Eurovision thread !

I was hoping for Alcazar for Sweden, but they did well to come third (again). I love Sanna's song too.
Martin Stenmarck had a good track, so was a bit shocked that he didn't reach the final.

I've not heard all the chosen entries ,so it's handy that they're all in this thread for me to revisit !
My favourites that I've heard so far = Hungary , Sweden, Malta.

Lol at the photo of TwinTwin - imagine if they performed on the Eurovision stage like that !!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've not heard all the chosen entries ,so it's handy that they're all in this thread for me to revisit !

Thanks.

Lol at the photo of TwinTwin - imagine if they performed on the Eurovision stage like that !!

That would be great! :p Surely not an Eurovision winner...but who knows how well/bad this will do...at least it brings in some fun...

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Montenegro: Sergej Ćetković - Moj Svijet

In yesterday’s special TV show LIVE from Budva, Sergej Ćetković, finally presented his Eurovision entry for Montenegro. Moj Svijet (My World) is a powerful love ballad, which has two versions: English and Montenegrin one. However, the audience across Europe could hear the entry in Montegrin only. Nevertheless, Sergej is still unsure which version he wil perform in Copenhagen.

sergejtjt.jpg

“I guess you could describe Moj Svijet as a Eurovision song, but at the same time it represents me and my style. I am really excited but I don’t have any fears, because I think that the audience will accept this song very well”, explains this year’s representative of Montenegro, who will perform in the First Semi-Final on the 6th of May in Copenhagen.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
What a super quality thread!!! I just wish that the ESC was as good as haiducii's thread!!!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Greece: Freaky Fortune Feat. Risky Kidd - Rise Up

Last night it was the turn of Greece to make their decision as to who will represent them in Europe's Favourite TV Show, and they have chosen Freaky Fortune featuring Risky Kidd with Rise Up to have the honour of representing the country in its 40th anniversary year.

gre.jpg

Surely it wasn’t a surprise for them, as their song has been the favourite to win in virtually every poll published in the run-up to the contest. They will spend the next 2 months preparing for the second semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest and we wish them all the luck in the world. We hope they’ll follow the simple advice that Kalomira gave them ahead of their performance. She told them to be themselves. Given their panache and pizzazz and likeability, the simplest advice may prove to be the best.

cban

Reaction score
As usual the UK song is shit, but I'm Hungary for András (get it?)

Nice to see Ruth Lorenzo singing for Spain, though she should have used a songwriter.

Great thread :)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
As usual the UK song is shit

I agree. I'm so disappointed in Molly. How it could happen in the cradle of pop music?! :?

On the other hand, the UK is one of the most successful countries to compete in the ESC. The UK has won the contest five times in 1967, 1969, 1976, 1981 and 1997. Along with Sweden, the UK is one of only two countries with Eurovision victories in four different decades.

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Last night it was the turn of Greece to make their decision as to who will represent them in Europe's Favourite TV Show, and they have chosen Freaky Fortune featuring Risky Kidd with Rise Up to have the honour of representing the country in its 40th anniversary year.

gre.jpg

Surely it wasn’t a surprise for them, as their song has been the favourite to win in virtually every poll published in the run-up to the contest. They will spend the next 2 months preparing for the second semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest and we wish them all the luck in the world. We hope they’ll follow the simple advice that Kalomira gave them ahead of their performance. She told them to be themselves. Given their panache and pizzazz and likeability, the simplest advice may prove to be the best.

Wow Thank you very much haiducii:heart: for sharing,introducing and posting the announcement of who will represent Greece this year my friend, I love:heart: it so much, I knew this group will win the EuroSong 2014 tv show in Greece from the other 3, I have a feeling Greece will win the ESC this year, cause not only is the song a dance one but its very catchy as well, in my opinion but who knows, we will just have to wait and see in the finals of ESC 2014 later in May, Congratulations, Freaky Fortune featuring Riskykidd & the voters in Greece for choosing who you want to represent your country. :)

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
If Greece wins this year I don't know if they would be able to host the contest next year.
Maybe the UK would come up as host like they have done before, and since the next year marks the 60th Anniversary of the contest maybe they would be happy with it.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
If Greece wins this year I don't know if they would be able to host the contest next year.
Maybe the UK would come up as host like they have done before, and since the next year marks the 60th Anniversary of the contest maybe they would be happy with it.

You are right! If a country can’t afford it its apparently tradition for the UK to host it. The practice was more common in the 1960s and 1970s when the BBC took over the reins on four occasions (1960, 1963, 1972, 1974).

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Germany: Elaiza - Is It Right

Unser Song für Dänemark, LIVE from Lanxess Arena in Cologne was a huge success. After eight amazing performances, only four acts qualified for the second round - and in the third just two artists and entries. But there's only one ticket for Copenhagen and 2014 Eurovision Song Contest. German TV audience gave the biggest support to the newcomers: Elaiza. Surprisingly they beat the favourite Unheilig with their song “Is It Right”.

th4von7.jpg

Elaiza is the name of folk band surrounding the German-Ukrainan singer-songwriter Ela (21). Her fellow band member Yvonne (29) plays the accordion, and Natalie (28) the string bass. Ela and Yvonne got to know each other at a liquor tasting, and Natalie joined them shortly after. They first perfomed together in 2013.