• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Australia will hold postal vote on same-sex marriage

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Australian PM cancels a week of parliament to deal with same-sex marriage debate
Parliament 'will sit until marriage equality... [has] been dealt with'.

The Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has cancelled one of the two final sitting weeks of parliament for the year.

The House of Representatives will now sit again on December 4.

Announced by leader of the house, Christopher Pyne, the government argued the cancellation would allow the Senate plenty of time to debate and pass a same-sex marriage bill.

The Senate began debating the bill on Thursday, only one day after the results of a national postal survey revealed almost 62% of Australians were in favour of marriage equality.

Pyne said parliament could potentially sit longer. He said it ‘will sit until marriage equality is law and all citizenship issues have been dealt with’.

Opponents of the government have criticized the move saying it is simply buying time amid a growing citizenship scandal and because it was trying to avoid calls for a Royal Commission into Australian banks.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
Australian PM cancels a week of parliament to deal with same-sex marriage debate
Parliament 'will sit until marriage equality... [has] been dealt with'.

Opponents of the government have criticized the move saying it is simply buying time amid a growing citizenship scandal and because it was trying to avoid calls for a Royal Commission into Australian banks.
I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see how he manages this. He did not want a plebiscite in the first place, but agreeing to hold it was one of the things he did to buy support and become leader of the party. Then when the senate rejected the proposal for a normal plebiscite he made it a postal survey instead.

My guess is that he wants the legislation passed, and passed quickly, but he is scared shitless of a backlash from conservative elements in the party. Hence he is letting the senate get to the bill first, and if it's passed there, which is likely, that increases the pressure on the House of Reps to pass it without a heap of unnecessary amendments.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
There will be a price to pay but I think that happens in all most all countries. The far right religious people feel legalizing Gay marriage will bring God's wrath on them so they act out of fear. Religious extremists have more rights now then they have ever had in my lifetime. I had an aunt back in the late 50's who used to go in her room and carried on verbal conversations with Jesus and I still remember the day they came and took her away to a mental institution. Today at least in Texas people do it and they are left alone.