• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Rescue Stories

MustangJack

Reaction score
Man Saves Bear From Drowning

a99003_Adam-Warwick-man-save-bear-drowning-665x385.jpg

In 2008, a black bear stumbled a little to close to a residential neighborhood near Alligator Point, about 40 miles south of Tallahassee, Florida. Animal control arrived and sedated the black bear with a tranquilizer dart, but instead of immediately going down, the bear darted off toward the Gulf of Mexico.

As the animal hit the water, the drugs started to take effect. Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) biologist Adam Warwick stepped in to save the day. The bear started swimming and Warwick took off his shoes and shirt to head the bear off from going too far in. He succeeded and then started splashing to scare it back to shore, but the animal wouldn't budge. Warwick said, “The scariest part was probably when he decided — he started looking at me as if he wanted to climb up on me to keep from drowning and, at one point, he reared up on his hind legs, so I'm looking at a six-and-a-half-foot tall bear. Instead of lunging forward, he fell straight back and was submerged for a couple of seconds and, that's kinda when I moved in.”

Warwick managed to drag the 375-pound animal back to shore where a backhoe operator was waiting to help load the bear onto a truck for relocation into the wild.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
A Woman Battling Depression Rescued A Stray Kitten

Years Later, He’s Known As ‘Vampire Cat’

monk2.jpg

Nicole Rienzie was depressed after losing her father and a close friend, and wasn’t sure how she’d make it through this terribly dark time in her life.

One day, she was driving with her mother when she spotted a black kitten abandoned on the side of the road. She slammed on her breaks and got out of the car to retrieve the kitten. She didn’t hit him, but he was already in pretty bad shape. He was malnourished, covered in bugs, and his eyes were extremely infected.

Rienzie took the kitten home, washed him and fed him. This is the moment her life changed. Rienzie was in the right place at the right time to save that kitten, who in the end, wound up saving her.

Read the whole story HERE

MustangJack

Reaction score
Penguin Swims 8000KM Every Year To See The Man Who Saved His Life

It’s illegal for you to keep wild animals as pets in Brazil. But despite what the law may say, Dindim comes to live with his best friend, whom he met on the beaches of Brazil, every year since 2011.

71-year-old retired bricklayer and part time fisherman Joao Pereira de Souza found Dindim, a South American Magellanic penguin, covered in oil and close to death. When De Souza nursed him back to health, however, he found that Dindim didn’t want to leave. When he finally did, De Souza was surprised to see the penguin return the next year, and the years following.

“I love the penguin like it’s my own child, and I believe the penguin loves me,” Joao told Globo TV. “No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do. He lays on my lap, lets me give him showers, allows me to feed him sardines, and to pick him up.”

“Everyone said he wouldn't return, but he has been coming back to visit me for the past four years."

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-18.jpg

71-year-old Joao found this penguin covered in oil and close to death in 2011.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-17.jpg

“He stayed with me for 11 months and then… he disappeared."

But Dindim kept coming back every year, swimming 8000 km to do so.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-21.jpg

“I love the penguin like it’s my own child, and I believe the penguin loves me." When Dindim sees the man, he wags his tail like a dog and honks with delight”.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-5.gif

“No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do."

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-14.jpg

“I have never seen anything like this before. I think the penguin believes Joao is part of his family and probably a penguin as well”, said Biologist Professor Krajewski.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s illegal for you to keep wild animals as pets in Brazil. But despite what the law may say, Dindim comes to live with his best friend, whom he met on the beaches of Brazil, every year since 2011.

71-year-old retired bricklayer and part time fisherman Joao Pereira de Souza found Dindim, a South American Magellanic penguin, covered in oil and close to death. When De Souza nursed him back to health, however, he found that Dindim didn’t want to leave; when he finally did, De Souza was surprised to see him return the next year, and the years following.

“I love the penguin like it’s my own child and I believe the penguin loves me,” Joao told Globo TV. “No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do. He lays on my lap, lets me give him showers, allows me to feed him sardines and to pick him up.”

“Everyone said he wouldn't return but he has been coming back to visit me for the past four years”.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-18.jpg

71-year-old Joao found this penguin covered in oil and close to death in 2011.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-17.jpg

“He stayed with me for 11 months and then…he disappeared.

But Dindim kept coming back every year, swimming 8000km to do so.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-21.jpg

“I love the penguin like it’s my own child and I believe the penguin loves me. When he sees him he wags his tail like a dog and honks with delight”.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-5.gif

“No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do”.

man-saves-penguin-returns-swims-5000-miles-14.jpg

“I have never seen anything like this before. I think the penguin believes Joao is part of his family and probably a penguin as well” – said Biologist Professor Krajewski.

Incredible! Thank you for posting this rescue story!

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Guy a rescue dog becomes a royal

26078831001aa53c31625e5dcbdd9e48705036b5.png

Here is this dog that was in a shelter, nobody wanted him, and through this wonderful adoption he’s now living in a palace, running around with the royal family.”
Guy’s unlikely journey began after a shelter in the US sent an email to Dolores Doherty, who runs an Ontario-based organisation, A Dog’s Dream Rescue, which saves beagles slated to be put down in the US and brings them to Canada to be adopted.

This time, a shelter in Kentucky was asking if she would be interested in a 17lb beagle that had been found in the woods. After he had spent days at the shelter, nobody had come forward to adopt him, and the dog was on the euthanasia list. “I always say yes,” said Doherty. “I can’t say no. I’m a sucker.”
A network of volunteers helped transport the dog more than 500 miles to the Canadian border, each of them driving him for one hour before handing him over to the next waiting car.
He hadn’t even been in Canada for a full day when Doherty brought him to an adoption event on the outskirts of Toronto. “He was just sitting there with those big beagle sad eyes, looking so depressed. He was irresistible,” said Doherty.
Dozens of people had turned up to meet the 20 or so dogs up for adoption, including Markle, who at the time was living in Toronto while her TV series Suits was being filmed.

Stop mansplaining my dog to me: decoding my pup's DNA
Read more

Doherty – who had never heard of Suits – had no inkling of Markle’s celebrity status.

Markle’s dog, a rescue beagle named Guy, has a new bestie: the Queen of England.
2607883570fe6adaa60a6f82f86da571d56a1a52.jpg

Hanging with the Queen! I love it
Guy made an appearance at the royal wedding reception, enjoying bits of food that fell on the floor beneath guests’ feet.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
26078831001aa53c31625e5dcbdd9e48705036b5.png

Here is this dog that was in a shelter, nobody wanted him, and through this wonderful adoption he’s now living in a palace, running around with the royal family.”
Guy’s unlikely journey began after a shelter in the US sent an email to Dolores Doherty, who runs an Ontario-based organisation, A Dog’s Dream Rescue, which saves beagles slated to be put down in the US and brings them to Canada to be adopted.

This time, a shelter in Kentucky was asking if she would be interested in a 17lb beagle that had been found in the woods. After he had spent days at the shelter, nobody had come forward to adopt him, and the dog was on the euthanasia list. “I always say yes,” said Doherty. “I can’t say no. I’m a sucker.”
A network of volunteers helped transport the dog more than 500 miles to the Canadian border, each of them driving him for one hour before handing him over to the next waiting car.
He hadn’t even been in Canada for a full day when Doherty brought him to an adoption event on the outskirts of Toronto. “He was just sitting there with those big beagle sad eyes, looking so depressed. He was irresistible,” said Doherty.
Dozens of people had turned up to meet the 20 or so dogs up for adoption, including Markle, who at the time was living in Toronto while her TV series Suits was being filmed.

Stop mansplaining my dog to me: decoding my pup's DNA
Read more

Doherty – who had never heard of Suits – had no inkling of Markle’s celebrity status.

Markle’s dog, a rescue beagle named Guy, has a new bestie: the Queen of England.
2607883570fe6adaa60a6f82f86da571d56a1a52.jpg

Hanging with the Queen! I love it
Guy made an appearance at the royal wedding reception, enjoying bits of food that fell on the floor beneath guests’ feet.

Another great rescue story that really got to me. I love beagles and he is such a good and brave boy!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Vet Locks Himself Inside A Hot Car To Show What It’s Like For A Dog

Please remember never leave a dog in a hot car.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Well this is just too cool. I'd love to do what these guys are doing...

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ayaz: Syrian Refugee, Animal Saver

3099607215.jpg

23-year-old Ayaz Dara Al Ahmad has been caring for animals at a refugee camp in Kurdistan since he was forced to flee his home in Syria. With only one year of study left for his veterinary degree, Ayaz decided to put his skills to good use for animals that were suffering without adequate veterinary care. He also advocates and teaches children not to harm animals in an environment where frustration is running high.

READ MORE

MustangJack

Reaction score
New Zealand Orphan Cat's Fur Changes Color After Adoption

MustangJack

Reaction score
Woman Wearing A Dress And Heels Jumps Into A Pool To Rescue A Horse

b7c1288cbdfab8f8aa44992d99339ba5.png

When a former horse trainer found herself needing to rescue a horse, she jumped into a pool despite being in heels and a dress.

The trainer, Denise Casares, had previously worked with the horse, CD. While living at his current owners’ farm, CD managed to escape from his paddock and stepped on top of the pool cover. The horse fell into the pool, where he became trapped in the freezing water.

CD managed to get himself to the shallow end of the pool, but was in desperate need of rescue. When Robin Morrison Murray spotted CD in the pool of her parents’ farm, she called Denise.

Denise quickly arrived at the property and wasted no time in assessing what needed to be done. She sometimes cares for CD, so she knew the horse well. Denise, who was wearing her church clothes, got into the pool and spent about 30 minutes working to free the horse.

First, Denise got a halter and lead rope on CD.

Next, she worked on leading him out of the pool.

When it comes to needing to rescue a horse, you never know what to expect. The best thing to do is to be prepared with extra halters, ropes, and equipment that you can quickly access. You can also call emergency services for help and resources. Some towns are even investing in large animal rescue supplies and training for their first responders.

Denise’s dedication exemplifies the lengths that equestrians are willing to go to for their horses. Heels? Dresses? They’re nothing to worry about when a horse’s safety is at stake.

MustangJack

Reaction score
Thirsty Cobra Drinks When Rescuer Offers Water Bottle

de01fa33f15c475bc1d9032438e9a524.png

The venomous king cobra is a dangerous animal, but this video shows one thirsty snake who let his guard down to take water from a bottle.

The video, which was shared earlier this year, shows a wildlife rescue worker face to face with a king cobra snake – the world’s longest venomous snake. This particular serpent measured in at 12 feet long and had apparently slithered into a South Indian village in Kaiga.

After successfully capturing the cobra, the rescue worker stepped in to offer the snake a drink, which it gladly took from a plastic water bottle.

7f45f1f2aaaa894dea3c42e105e19bf3.png

Although cobras usually avoid crossing paths with humans, this one was presumed to have wandered into a populated area in search of water. Because Southern India is often hit with drought, animals are sometimes forced to venture away from the environment in which they usually reside just to stay alive.

Snakes entering human settlements in the area have become so common, in fact, that residents will usually offer them water upon sight, knowing that’s the only reason they’ve ventured into the area in the first place.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
de01fa33f15c475bc1d9032438e9a524.png

The venomous king cobra is a dangerous animal, but this video shows one thirsty snake who let his guard down to take water from a bottle.

The video, which was shared earlier this year, shows a wildlife rescue worker face to face with a king cobra snake – the world’s longest venomous snake. This particular serpent measured in at 12 feet long and had apparently slithered into a South Indian village in Kaiga.

After successfully capturing the cobra, the rescue worker stepped in to offer the snake a drink, which it gladly took from a plastic water bottle.

7f45f1f2aaaa894dea3c42e105e19bf3.png

Although cobras usually avoid crossing paths with humans, this one was presumed to have wandered into a populated area in search of water. Because Southern India is often hit with drought, animals are sometimes forced to venture away from the environment in which they usually reside just to stay alive.

Snakes entering human settlements in the area have become so common, in fact, that residents will usually offer them water upon sight, knowing that’s the only reason they’ve ventured into the area in the first place.

Such a fearsome yet magnificent creature. Truly one of nature's greatest successes. I wouldn't want to be within a thousand miles of it but thankfully there are some who will take the chance. I wonder what happened to this wondrous creation?

Thank you for sharing this.

MustangJack

Reaction score
Parineeta

Parineeta was found lying in the road in India with a broken leg. She had been abandoned because she could no longer carry loads. Her nostrils had been cut with a knife because villagers mistakenly believe that this enables animals to take more air into their lungs and work harder. A kind person alerted Animal Rahat, a program supported by PETA, and staffers took her to its retirement home, where she made a complete recovery.

MustangJack

Reaction score
Ben The Bear

After a long and hard-fought battle by PETA, the Animal Legal Defense Fund, and concerned citizens, Ben was rescued from Jambbas Ranch Tours, an abysmal North Carolina roadside zoo, where he spent six long years locked away in a cage similar to a dog kennel, deprived of even the most basic necessities.

Today, Ben is living out his days at the Performing Animal Welfare Society, a beautiful accredited wildlife sanctuary in Northern California.

Including Ben’s rescue, PETA saved more than 40 bears from concrete pits and dismal pens between 2012 and 2015.

MustangJack

Reaction score
A Once-Timid Chihuahua Finds Her Place As An Airport Therapy Dog

Maria Miller had no idea that Penelope would become fan-favorite around the departures terminals of one of the busiest airports in America.

40777cc1917bade1a1f90b639adc05e1.png

When Maria Miller first brought Penelope into her home as a short-term foster, she had no idea that the tiny, terrified Chihuahua mix would soon become a permanent addition, not to mention a fan-favorite around the departures terminals of one of the busiest airports in America.

Penelope was abandoned with five young puppies at a high-kill shelter in Bakersfield, California. Fortunately, she was only there for a few days before Michelson Found Animals Adopt & Shop animal shelter stepped in to rescue her and her puppies.

“She was selected for fostering because her little mammary glands were full and she needed to be monitored for mastitis [an inflammation of breast tissue],” says Donna Casamento, chief program officer of the Adopt & Shop stores and shelter programs. “She was also quite timid and socially challenged and our team knew that [Miller] had the patience and skills to help Penelope.”

In addition, while shelter staff do their best they can for the animals in their care, a shelter environment can be very loud and very stressful for timid animals, Casamento says.

“Owner-surrender animals, like Penelope, are especially susceptible to becoming fearful in a shelter because it can be such an abrupt change from the more predictable comfort of a home environment,” she adds.

93a2c88f0083f12e2ffc5e3028ba5375.jpg

Since Penelope’s puppies were at adoption age, Miller only had to bring Penelope home, which was fine because Miller didn’t think she would fall “too” in love with the scared little pup.

“Even though my husband and I were looking to adopt a dog, Penelope did not fit what we were looking for,” says Miller. “We wanted a male dog of Asian breed/mix and at least 45 to 50 pounds in size.”

Miller only expected Penelope to stay with her family for about two weeks, and she anticipated the dog’s visit to be quick, easy and worry free.

“Boy was I wrong! Three days in my husband had already bought her a dress,” Miller says. “Penelope ended up staying with us for about a month [which] ended up benefiting both her and us because it gave her time to recover from her painful infection, which allowed her darling personality to shine, while giving us the opportunity to fall in love with a ten-pound Chihuahua.”

Penelope never left.

Eight months after the Millers officially adopted Penelope, Miller was approached by the head of LAX PUPs, a program that uses therapy dogs to comfort passengers with anxiety before they board their flight. The program was looking to add some smaller dogs to the mix, Miller says, and Penelope’s ability to have strangers approach and pet her without an issue piqued their interest.

Considering Penelope’s history of shyness, Miller was doubtful at first.

“Penelope probably came from a hoarder where she had little, if any at all, experience with the outside world,” says Miller. “Penelope was fearful of taking a walk, cars driving past, dogs coming up to great her, or a nice person reaching down to say hello.”

It took lots of work and endless hours of positive reinforcement to get Penelope to the point where someone would invite her to be part of a therapy program. But of course, she turned out to be a natural.

To become involved with the program – which has spread to 52-plus airports across the country – dogs must pass several tests, including being comfortable being touched on their paws, head, tail and face.

cc99d237de323f4f368fcdf34bbedce4.jpg

“They must also pass a terminal test where the dog is walked through a loud terminal past moving golf carts, suitcases, door alarms, over-head announcements, children crying and items being dropped on the ground,” Miller adds. “If the dog passes this test, they are required to visit two assisted living communities where they are tested again; at the assisted living communities they must be comfortable sitting on residence beds and walking past walkers, wheel chairs and oxygen tanks.”

Dogs working at the airport must also become certified by the Alliance of Therapy Dogs.

“Penelope passed all of her test with flying colors which made me extremely proud, given how shut down she was when I met her,” Miller says. “The purpose of PUPs is to provide a little TLC and stress relief for the nervous flyer, stressed out traveler, nurses caring for the very sick, patients missing their dogs or even students during exam week.”

When Penelope isn’t working, she’s always at her owner’s side and enjoys going on walks with other doggie friends. And as much as she helps the travelers of LAX, it’s Miller she’s given the most to.

“My dog of 19 years passed away three-and-a-half years ago, which shattered my heart,” Miller says. “Penelope has been the best Band-Aid ever. We look forward to each day and the excitement that it brings.”