• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Everlasting Winter

S

Squallmuzza

One of my darker poems about someone I fell for that essentially shunned me..

Cold, dark, lonely.
Your heart is my winter.
Nothing lives there.
Nothing ever could.
No emotion, no hope, no fear.

Once I sought to conquer it.
It's harsh climate uninhabitable.
I wasn't ready.
I couldn't take it.
Lost in the wilderness of your heart.

I entered the storm,
of my own free will.
I left it torn apart.
But you didn't notice,
someone lost.

You left me stranded.
No links to a life past.
Nothing to hold onto.
Layers of ice,
Surround your heart.

Only to me are you winter.
You are other's spring.
The sun in their life.
The fresh breeze,
filling their lungs.

For them the ice melts.
For me it freezes anew.
Alone I suffer this endless hell.
A hell without its fire.
Replaced with an icy stare.

I searched for a way back home.
A way out from this situation.
I searched, alone.
Lost, inside,
Your everlasting winter.

But now a new dawn breaks.
My heart breaks free,
from the chill grasp of your love.
Melting the worries of the past.
Forging hope anew.

Now it is my heart,
made of ice.
That traps you in it's prison.
Now my heart is cold.
You are seeking freedom.

You know how it feels.
Your heart knows the cold.
I ignore you, let you stumble.
I almost hope you fall.
Inside my everlasting winter.
The winter of the soul.

fieldofsnow

Reaction score
I think I've already commented on this poem before somewhere.. but it's still very good so I'll do it again!

I love the emotion in this. Funny how you can always relate to these melancholy poems but never read a happy one and think "oh yes, I know that feeling"

S

Squallmuzza

Yeah I guess that's a funny reflection on ourselves really. We can always see the darkness, but never the light. Feels like you're not being grateful for the happy moment, but just wanna bitch and moan about what you've lost or suffered.

The only time I ever feel fuelled to be creative is when I'm depressed. It's like it's a more powerful emotion than happiness, yet I couldn't truly say that either/.

X

XMan101

Maybe negative emotion is stronger and just releases a great need for expression almost to help alleviate it . A lot of great writers or artists had torment in one form or another.

Maybe we don't need to read happy things if we are happy, but don't we always listen to sad music if we're feeling down?

This is dark but it's very good - and I can say that even in my happy state ;)