• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Gay couple guilty of violating 'the order of nature'

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

I don't know if they are lucky not to be sentenced to death... 14 years in prison with your inmates knowing your gay...

L

LuiM

As much as I sympathize with those two guys who performed a gay wedding as an act of rebellion against the unrighteous system, but for god's sake this was Malawi!!! Somewhere deep in Africa! Hello?

This is the same if I went to Iran and performed a gay wedding there and hoping nothing would happen to me. :rolling eyes:

I mean rebellion is fine, but you have to be smart! Not like Don Quixote :(

Last edited:
S

smallsleepyrascalcat

Well in this case it has nothing to do with politics. This case is a matter of religion.
When someone claims that anything is gainst nature, he always means it in a religious way.
In Malawi 80% are christians...

btw, the shape of Malawi ;P

Malawi_sat.png

Mamah

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
A Malawi court on Tuesday convicted a gay couple who staged an illegal same-sex wedding of violating "the order of nature", which could land them with up to 14 years in prison.

More info.....
Anonym zu www.smh.com.au/world/gay-couple-guilty-of-violating-the-order-of-nature-20100519-vci3.html

Yes, I came close to weeping when I first read this. But now, reading LuisM's observation that these 2 guys knew what they were doing, I do think they maybe, just maybe, are prepared to be martyrs for the sake of justice & to bring attention to the plight of gays in Malawi. I do hope, however, they do not have to serve their sentences & that eventually public attitudes & the law change in their country.

Integritas0 also has a point about the influence of the former colonial powers, as many former British colonies, for example, still have the old Victorian laws criminalizing male gay activity while totally ignoring gay female activity. I believe that South Africa is one of the few African countries to have repealed those laws. Still, some African countries do seem to have deep cultural antagonisms towards gays, often supported by popular Christian churches, it seems.

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Since one of the partners wore women's clothes and lived as a female (was more a trans person, thus), this was a reasonable action on their part; they are citizens of Malawi and have a right to live out their lives there with equal rights as well as make changes to the societal systems. And while the colonialist legacy is readily apparent, that still does not absolve individual politicians in Malawi, the US, nor anywhere else in the world of prosecuting people for homosexuality or perpetuating inequalities.

Last edited:

Fiddy

Reaction score
Goes against nature? What does that even mean? To use the old Terry Pratchett thing, I'm sure those passing down the sentence live in trees and catch their own meat and eat it raw, too. Feh.

Fiddy

Reaction score
"Maybe if western powers would just keep their noses out of other, weaker countries then these countries could evolve all by themselves."

God yes, this, a thousand times this. Bloody ethnocentrism, it pisses me off. On the other hand, I probably don't know enough to comment meaningfully, so I'll just stop, now.

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
It isn't "ethnocentrism" when you are in opposition to the politics and culture of the place you live, and express solidarity with others in the world against the rich and powerful that set the policy which prosecutes them. Chomsky understands that, and does not withhold political solidarity due to anyone else's false and condescending labels.