• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Stay in the closet, Jason Akermanis tells gay players

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score

newage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Interesting, but...

I hate the very fact that 50% of the "news" produced by the corporate media whores (!) is to do with sport. I mean is sport that important to us? Or fashion, or celebs? Some psychologists dare to make the point that sport, especially football is a form of tribalism. We no longer have any form of real bonding in society, whether among family members or in the local community, so we put on little t-shirts (40euro each of course!) and wave little flags so as to feel as if we belong to something. In relation to the celeb obsession this can be seen as a response to very ancient patterns of social behaviour --we need to build up a celeb (typically a pretty young girl), make sure she is adorned with lovely expensive things... and then sacrifice her in some way. This is a religious tendency becuase in previous centuries societies would pick the most beautiful girl, adorn her, worship her... and then kill or sacrifice her. Of course throngs of people gathered to see the event and get off on it. This is exactly what happens to some celebs today --they are built up for a public fall via the tabloids, and while they are not sacrificed, strictly speaking, we might even see a celeb pushed to the point of drug overdose or suicide. But we don't like to be reminded of how base we still are --that's why the Southpark episode 'Britney Spear's New Look' was so so unpopular. Well that's my take anyway.

Maybe gays are not welcome in the sports arena because at other points in history gays were always separated out from the rest of society and given special roles. In Italy it was fairly common practice to pick out the prettiest boys and castrate them, turning them into androgynous figures best suited to work in the entertainment world... go further back in history and gay men were sometimes given jobs as bodyguards protecting important women.

So maybe that is why, right up to the present, most of the "news" is comprised of sport, entertainment, celeb gossip, fashion, etc. Occasionally the broadcasters have to put the fear of god into us, informing us that the entire planet is threatened in someway (a big flu, or global warming, or terrorists) or that we must march off to war for some purportedly noble reason.

My my, how sophisticated we are! ;)

haha well in a way we are indeed sophisticated...abit anyway...at least now we aren't "sacrificing" people for some sun god...we are doing it for a more plausible "God" that lives in the skies and for selfish reasons :rofl:!

Fiddy

Reaction score
Compare this to... what is his name? Gareth Thomas? The rugby player who came out and said no one really cared. And rugby being the far more brutal sport, this just amuses me.

i've heard this also on the radio but then an other voice came up from a footballer outing himself and giving hope for other gay players with the appeal to be like they really are. That was interesting!