• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Physically abusive Youtube Video shows how not to react when your chil

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I originally posted this on another forum during the GH hiatus back on August 28 2014. I'm posting it here now along with an update.

How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

This video shows one family’s awful reaction to their child coming out as gay, during which he is kicked out of his home and physically abused.

Featured in the video is 19-year-old Daniel, brought up in a religious household, who tells his parents that he is gay.

On doing so, he is hit, shouted at and told he must move out. He said he was called a “damned queer” and a “piece of shit”.

“I believe in the word of God. And God creates nobody that way, it is a path that you have chosen,” his mother says.

“Since you have chosen that path, we will not support you any longer. You will need to move out and find wherever you can to live and do you want to. I will not let people believe I condone what you do.”

The video was posted to Reddit by Daniel’s boyfriend, username rhythmknight, with the message: “My boyfriend got kicked out of his home and disowned yesterday. It’s been a really traumatic experience for him, and I feel so terrible and angry that this happened.

“Fortunately, he’s living with a friend for now. Seems like he can be there long-term until he’s able to support himself.

“I’m so sad that so many people have to go something like this. For any of you that have, what’s the best way I can support him?”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help with living costs of the teenager, and at time of publication had raised $19,440 (£11,718).

Watch this Youtube video. I did.

It is a disturbing example of how adults over the age of 21 gang up on and verbally then physically abuse a 19 year old boy who comes out to them. I cringed when I heard it.

My family has never treated me in any way like this. They have protected me and loved me. I wish I could change the world...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Update:

WATCH: Straight Guy Brought To Tears After Asking A Simple Question About Sexuality

We hope you have your tissues handy.

Last month we brought you the horrific story of a gay teen who was verbally abused, physically assaulted and kicked out of his home by his family because he is gay.

The video went viral and generated an outpouring of financial support for the teen that he went on to donate a portion of to a homeless shelter.

After popular straight YouTube vlogger SupDaily06 saw the video, he felt compelled to address the incident. As a part of his response video, the ally asked his followers a simple question: if you could choose to be gay or straight, which would you choose?

The responses moved him the tears. Check out the video above to see for yourself.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread - this is most horrible video I've ever seen in my life. I said - and I will repeat it - this mother is "a bitch" as her son said. "Mother" is a honorific for a special, loving person - so why she had given birth? And all that really in the "name of God"? I don't want such a God! And I honestly believe that OUR LORD didn't demand such a manner from the family of this guy - from no families all over the world!

F

frontlemon

Why can people not understand that as love and hate are anonyms how can GOD - the epitome of LOVE, hate someone? And how come the followers of GOD engage in hatred?

Shame to humanity....

I agree with Shelter, if I can love more than GOD then I don't need that GOD. I will worship my definition of love.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
You have said what I feel deep in my heart Frontlemon. Thank you!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
One Year Later ...

One Year Later, Gay Teen Reflects On Family's Horrifyingly Violent Reaction To Coming Out
Huffington Post | By James Michael Nichols | 10/04/2015 08:36 AM EDT

One year after a disturbing video documenting a family's reaction to a gay man's coming out went viral, the victim on the receiving end of this hate is reflecting on the experience.

In September 2014, then 20-year-old Daniel Pierce posted a video on YouTube that showed a violent and upsetting five minutes in which Pierce's family disowned their child and told him that sexuality is a choice, using religion as an argument. It took place in Georgia during what Pierce described as a "delayed intervention" involving his father, stepmother and grandparents.

A local news outlet in Atlanta caught up with the now 21-year-old Pierce last week to discuss the aftermath of the horrifying video and how his life has changed since the incident.

"I feel like I'm talking about someone else," Pierce said about the coming out experience. "I feel like I saw this on the news about someone else."

In the weeks after the video went viral, Pierce's boyfriend set up a GoFundMe page for Pierce that raised almost $100,000. According to his interview with WXIA Atlanta, the money went towards Pierce's medical expenses after his family cut off his access to insurance, and served as donations to Lost-n-Found Youth, a shelter for homeless queer youth, which has, according to Pierce, reportedly seen an influx of kids needing assistance over the past year.

“We got a huge wave of kids [using the shelter] because gay marriage got passed, and they had the guts to come out," Pierce continued. "They told their family. That night I lost five family members. I gained hundreds of thousands of people that are just like ’We love you.’ People I will never meet.”

Did you miss the original video documenting Pierce's coming out? You can check it out below but be warned that it contains graphic language and may be disturbing.

SOURCE

It sounds like this man has managed to put a lot of his baggage behind him and he is living a better life now than all the years before he came out and was disowned by his family.

He has also helped a lot of other youth who were in abusive situations by sharing his GoFundMe money with local Gay Youth Shelters.

I thought this update was worth digging up this old thread to share it with anyone who might find it interesting.

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is the result of all the love that teach religion.