• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Anti-Gay Fred Phelps Admitted To Hospice Facility

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I read this and thought I'd share it:

Westboro%202.jpg

Fred Phelps (founder of Westboro Baptist Church) In Kansas Care Facility

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., who founded a Kansas church widely known for its protests at military funerals and anti-gay sentiments, is in a care facility, according to a church spokesman.

Phelps, 84, is being cared for in a Shawnee County facility, Westboro Baptist Church spokesman Steve Drain said Sunday. Drain wouldn't identify the facility.

"I can tell you that Fred Phelps is having some health problems," Drain said. "He's an old man, and old people get health problems."

Members of the Westboro church, based in Topeka, frequently protest at funerals of soldiers with signs containing messages such as "Thank God for dead soldiers," and "Thank God for 9/11," claiming the deaths are God's punishment for American immorality and tolerance of homosexuality and abortion.

Westboro Baptist, a small group made mostly of Phelps' extended family, inspired a federal law and laws in numerous states limiting picketing at funerals. But in a major free-speech ruling in 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the church and its members couldn't be sued for monetary damages for inflicting pain on grieving families under the First Amendment.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a civil-rights nonprofit group, has called Westboro Baptist Church a hate group.

Nate Phelps, an estranged son of Fred Phelps, told The Associated Press in a phone interview Sunday night that members of Westboro voted Phelps out of the church last summer, apparently "after some kind of falling out."

Nate Phelps, who broke away from the church 37 years ago, said church members became concerned afterward that his father might harm himself and moved him out of the church, where he and his wife had lived for years. Fred Phelps was moved into a house, stopped eating and since has been moved into hospice care, Nate Phelps said.

The estranged son is in contact with other family members who are also estranged from the church and said two of them managed to visit his father earlier this month.

Drain declined comment Sunday on whether Fred Phelps had been voted out of the church. Drain said Westboro Baptist Church doesn't have a designated leader.

Kansas' leading gay-rights group on Sunday urged the gay community to respect the privacy of the "notoriously anti-LGBT" pastor if his health is declining.

Phelps and the members of his church have "harassed" the grieving families of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Kansans and others, Thomas Witt, executive director of Equality Kansas, said in a prepared statement.

But Witt added: "This is our moment as a community to rise above the sorrow, anger, and strife he sowed, and to show the world we are caring and compassionate people who respect the privacy and dignity of all."

Nate Phelps said he has no doubt some people would want to protest his father's funeral but added, "I wish they wouldn't."

Westboro%201.jpg

bobblastsoff

Reaction score
May he suffer as he's made grieving families suffer.
I hope his soul rots in hell for eternity.

Oege

Reaction score
This man should be in a mental institution not in a care facility

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Let the nasty old men die. Let the babies be born.

The babies will like us!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Seriously, it's time for that dispiccable creature whose name I won't pronounce to get butt fucked with a red hot poker and go to hell...

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Since protesting his funeral would be tactless and beneath us...

Volunteers are needed to organize a gay pride parade to follow the funeral procession...

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've spent more time than I'd like to in a hospice of late (as a visitor), they are fabulous institutions that provide wonderful care. Frankly, much more than this hate-monger deserves. I didn't think it was appropriate when the Satanists wanked on his mother's grave, but I'll be 110% behind them if they go for a repeat performance on his.

Or, someone could re-enact this little gem from Ireland on his grave:

(Haughey was a former Irish primer minister who I'd describe as having the politics of Margaret Thatcher and the ethics of Richard Nixon)

B.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks for that great film clip, gb, really enjoyed that. But back to old Fred. Any response to the bastards death will be seen by his (shrinking) band of disciples as vindication of his demented campaign, I would rather just forget that such a piece of excrement had ever existed. Wanking onto his grave would be a waste of good spunk.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
He's dead. His ideas are beyond the pale.
We haven't won, but we're winning. Leave him to his grave, and look ahead.

mrpiz

Super Vip
Reaction score
Some moms say to always say nice things about the dead. Well, Fred is dead. How nice!

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
In all honesty, as vile and disgusting as the man was, not since Matthew Shepard has any one individual been more responsible for the advancement of gay equality.

And yes, I just threw-up a little in my mouth for having compared Shepard to Phelps, but let me explain...

The antics of Phelps and his followers pushed gay issues to the front page of every news paper, the leading story on network news and internet articles read around the world. What would have normally been a short article on page 12 of your local paper became headline news. The protesting of soldiers funerals, music concerts, etc. made gay issues everyone's issues. Conservative religious and political leaders toned down their gay bashing in an effort to distance themselves from the controversy he created. Bikers, soldiers, Christians, people from all walks of life joined together in counter protest.

In short, his hate mongering generated more support for gay equality, amongst the broadest diversity of people, than we could have ever generated on our own.

So considering all he has done for us, we should do something for him and his family in return.

I suggest we start an e-mail campaign to nominate him as Advocate Magazine's "Person Of The Year 2014". Just think of the joy his family will get when they receive a lovely plaque thanking him for his contribution...

Oege

Reaction score
I just wonder how he died: "natural" without medication (painkillers) OR was he weak and took some???

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score

I am sure, Oege, that the hospice nurses will have given him pain relief whether he wanted it or not. It is a way of life for them to offer comfort and prevent suffering for every patient, even one as evil as that.

bobblastsoff

Reaction score
So now we find out that this asshole's family will not have a funeral for him.
They don't want others to do to him as he has done to so many others by picketing decent people's funerals and hurling verbal insults of the vilest kind!
In time the location of his grave site will be found and those who feel they should desecrate it will do so with a vengeance.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
On Friday, Lorde (a New Zealand singer) had a concert in Kansas City. Westboro Baptist held a protest ( with their usual horrible signs).

Another group held a counter protest. Their sign said "Sorry For Your Loss".

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
So now we find out that this asshole's family will not have a funeral for him.
They don't want others to do to him as he has done to so many others by picketing decent people's funerals and hurling verbal insults of the vilest kind!
In time the location of his grave site will be found and those who feel they should desecrate it will do so with a vengeance.

Hopefully he was cremated and his ashes flushed down the toilet...:)

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think there is a wonderful irony to that fact that his despicable behaviour has prevented his own funeral - good!

B.