• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Anti-Gay Marriage Mozilla CEO Resigns After Backlash

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Without a doubt, intelligence technique Eich is not questioned.
It is also true that the official statement of the company must be based on a balance and not upset anyone.
Although on different dynamics, this episode reminds me that of Barilla brothers happened months ago.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Nice statement from Mozilla but I have my doubts if that's all true or some "damage control".

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Nice statement from Mozilla but I have my doubts if that's all true or some "damage control".

Well - if we assume the media were tying to over-play the amount of employees who were angry, my guess is that the company statement is trying to do the opposite. Just because only 10 employees posted on Twitter doesn't mean only 10 employees were cranky about it.

Thinking about it, and doing some math, I do believe the Mozilla statement about the board members. The board has 6 people, an a majority are needed to appoint a CEO, so if three were so against Eich that they resigned in protest, how could he have ever been appointed? Clearly, at least one of the resignations must be un-related to the Eich appointment, if not more.

B.

ChriPhenix

Reaction score
I don't believe any of this discussion should be about freedom of speech or harsh tactics used by gays. If this man stepped down as CEO, that was merely a business decision. Nothing more.

I love our people and what we stand up for, but we could write all the letters we want and make threats until the end of time. That would not cost this man his job. There's really no precedent for it. People receive this kind of attention all the time. Company execs get hate mail for public opinion. Politicians get flack for their private lives. Heck, the producers of South Park get endless death threats for what they do. And last time I checked, Westboro is still picketing with their hateful slogans even though typing their name brings pages upon pages of slander and hate speech against them. Does that make them stop? Do they give up their positions for the sake of appeasing their opposition? I don't think so.

Mozilla offers products that are not unique to the company. There are several other browsers and apps for people to use. If we didn't agree with them, we could simply use another. Hell, I'm using Chrome right now. That's simply how the market works. They took the negative reception into account and foresaw a huge hit to revenue, and so they took action. It has nothing to do with being bullied. They saw a shift in their market, and they decided not to let it go any further. He wasn't removed because of his beliefs and ethics. He was removed because the company did not want to lose profit.

There is much of the corporate world that is strongly against us or completely indifferent, but they play the part of ally in order to keep our money flooding into their hands. That's just how our world works. We're a huge market and capitalizing on that means serious income. This guy here at Mozilla just happened to get outed and put on spotlight.