• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Idiots Are Already Upset About This Campbell's Ad with Two Gay Dads

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Idiots Are Already Upset About This Campbell's Ad with Two Gay Dads
Esquire | By MEGAN FRIEDMAN | OCT 9, 2015 @ 2:33 PM

Campbell's Soup Star Wars Commercial Features Real Life Gay Married Couple

Campbell's has a new line of soups designed around Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and predictably, people are already crying foul of an LGBT component of the campaign.

The ad features a married gay couple feeding soup to their son. "Cooper, I am your father," one dad says, zooming the noodles to his son's face on a spoon/spaceship. "No, no, no, I am your father," his husband jokes, and delivers another spoonful. At the end, a voiceover announces that Campbell's soups are for "real, real life." The actors are a real-life married couple, and have previously starred in an ad for Sabra hummus.

The ad is part of a series of commercials around the #RealRealLife hashtag. "We wanted to show actual families, which means families of different configurations, cultures, races and life choices," Yin Woon Rani, Campbell's VP of marketing activation, said in a statement. "The American family is changing faster than at any time in recent history and it is now a true mosaic of shapes and sizes, all bonded through love, and love of good food."

But the usual Internet suspects are not happy with this. YouTube commenters are calling out Campbell's for being "political" by featuring a different type of family. They're quoting the Bible, calling the commercial sinful, and saying that representing a smaller part of their customer base isn't "normal" or "real life." And I'm not cherry-picking here; those comments have the most upvotes.

And it just gets worse from there. One Million Moms, the group known for protesting basically any positive representation of the LGBT community, is calling for customers to complain to Campbell's for "glorifying this unnatural marriage." If Campbell's doesn't change its tune, One Million Moms is threatening a boycott.

But anti-gay groups should have seen this coming. Campbell's has a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, and was named one of the best places for LGBT employees to work.

SOURCE

Now I want some Campbell's Star Wars Soup :D

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well I'm not a huge soup fan but I'm gonna go and buy some this morning:thumbs up:

xenos

Reaction score
I had a can of Campbell's soup for lunch yesterday and most likely will have another today. I think I'd like clam chowder today.

Excuse me now. I have to go send Campbell's an email of support and appreciation.

Last edited:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
What Campbells know, and the haters don't, is that there is more money to be made by being inclusive than exclusive. Sure, only 10% of men are gay, but well over 50% of people have gay friends and family whom they want to see live happy and full lives. Many more people see this ad and think 'cute', than see it and hate.

Being boycotted by hate groups is becoming a badge of honour for companies rather than a threat.

Also - I've love to see One Million Mom's membership roles - do they really have a million members who are mothers? If not, could someone not take a case against them for lying in their very name? Just a thought.

B.

Lucas88

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I'm against all processed foods, but I might just pick up a can.

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the presentation or trying to appeal to any "community" but if you're selling soup I'd rather know if the soup is any f*cking good? Like what's in it or how does it taste? Sorry for sounding like an angry irishman here (GOD I miss Irish) but how about selling the product based on its merits and taste rather than focusing on a demographic you're trying to appease for some reason while you know it will, by it's nature, piss off other demos??? You're trying to sell soup for crying out loud! We ALL have to eat lunch sometime...how about focusing on that?

rant over

g33

PS - I really do miss Irish:) Plus I think I also turned a little Scottish there at some point...oh boy.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the presentation or trying to appeal to any "community" but if you're selling soup I'd rather know if the soup is any f*cking good?

Because research shows that's not how humans work - you sell more stuff if you make an emotional connection with people than if you tell them facts.

B.

jw4833

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
This is a prime example of the debate I was having with my sister last week in regards to how society has embraced gay people as part of the norm. I told her that this was not true and although times have changed somewhat over the years....unfortunately, a large part of society still look down and does not accept the LGBT community as a whole.

trypt

Reaction score
Its been gradual but soon will be norm.

xenos

Reaction score
I actually saw this ad last night on network TV during prime time. The times, they are achangin' - for the better.

RafaelNoiret

Catalan Ambassador
Reaction score
How dare the gays eat soup and watch Star Wars. It's almost as if they think they're human,,.