• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Man Poured Boiling Water On Gay Couple (Warning: Graphic Pics)

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
‘We were just burning': Ga. man poured boiling water over gay couple as they lay in bed, police say
The Washington Post | By Sarah Kaplan | March 18, 2016 2:48am EDT

Editor’s note: This post contains graphic images.

Marquez Tolbert buried his face in his hands. His chest contracted with a stifled sob.

When he looked up, a patchwork of angry red welts became visible on the side of his neck. That’s where he was burned. His T-shirt hid the full extent of his injuries, the swath of scalded skin that now covers his entire back.

“The pain,” he told WSBTV Thursday, his voice cracking on each syllable. “You can’t sleep at night.”

Tears were in the young man’s eyes. He winced, wiped his cheeks with the back of his hand, then took a sharp breath, summoning the words and the composure to go on.

“The pain doesn’t let you sleep,” he continued. “It’s excruciating, 24 hours a day. It doesn’t go anywhere, it doesn’t dial down. It’s just there.”

A month ago, Tolbert, 21, and his boyfriend Anthony Gooden Jr., 23, were jolted out of sleep by the feeling of boiling water splashing across their torsos, faces and limbs. Gooden’s mother’s boyfriend, Martin Blackwell, stood over them, pouring the water, they say.

For a moment, Tolbert had no idea what could have provoked the alleged attack. Then Blackwell allegedly yanked him off the mattress and yelled, “Get out of my house with all that gay,” Tolbert recalled to WSBTV.

“We were just burning,” he later told Project Q Atlanta. “My body was just stinging. It was like a really, really severe kind of stinging. I could hardly think straight.”

(WARNING! This is a very graphic image)

You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here

Blackwell, 48, was arrested on two counts of aggravated battery, according to Fulton County Jail records. He is being held without bail.

Georgia has had no hate crime statute since the state’s supreme court struck down the law in 2004. But WSBTV reported that Blackwell could face federal hate crime charges for the alleged attack.

Marquez told the TV station he has no doubt that hate was what fueled this.

“Why else would you pour boiling water on somebody?” he asked.

Now, Tolbert and Gooden are in the agonizing process of recovering from their second and third degree burns. Tolbert spent 10 days in the hospital undergoing surgery to repair the skin on his back. Gooden was hospitalized for five weeks, according to Project Q Atlanta.

The Georgia couple had been dating for about six weeks, they told the LGBT news site. They both worked at a warehouse near Gooden’s mother’s College Park apartment, and often slept there when they got off their shift.

On Feb. 12, after working for 12 hours, they collapsed onto a mattress in the living room. Not long after, Blackwell — who didn’t live in the apartment — allegedly walked in.

According to an incident report from the College Park Police Department, Blackwell told police that he was angry at the sight of the two men together.

“They were stuck together like two hot dogs … so I poured a little hot water on them and help them out,” he said to police, according to the incident report. “… They’ll be alright. It was just a little hot water.”

Blackwell claimed the two men were having sex when he poured water on them. Vickie Gray, a friend of Tolbert’s, said that’s not true; they were asleep after a long day of work — not that the alleged attack would have been justified in any case, she noted.

Blackwell then threw them out of the apartment, Gray said. They went door to door looking for someone to help them — the tenants of the first apartment their approached would not let them in.

Eventually, the couple found friends who let them use their phone to call 911, according to the police report.

Though the incident happened more than a month ago, the couple only decided to go public with their story this week, after Gooden was released from the hospital.

(WARNING! This is a very graphic image)

You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here

Gray has set up a GoFundMe account to help raise funds to pay Tolbert’s medical bills. The 21-year-old must now wear compression garments 23 hours a day for the next two years, she wrote in an email to The Washington Post, and is attending weekly counseling and physical therapy sessions to deal with his emotional and physical scars. It’s difficult for him to go outside, because sunlight exacerbates the pain of his burns.

Gooden, who was burned even more severely, was in a medically-induced coma for several weeks, she said. According to his GoFundMe page, more than 60 percent of his body was burned, and he had to undergo skin graft surgery to repair damage to his face, neck, back, arms, chest and head.

According to WSBTV, the couple said Blackwell had made them uneasy before, asking if they’d ever been intimate. But they never thought he might hurt them.

Still, both men’s families said they’d feared something like this might happen ever since Gooden and Tolbert came out. Gray wrote that Tolbert’s mother, Jaya Tolbert, confessed that her greatest fear was that her son would be attacked for his sexuality.

“It’s a shame that our society places that kind of fear in a parent’s heart,” she said. “It gives you a feeling of helplessness, and when it actually occurs, you lose hope.”

Diyawn Jackson, a cousin of Gooden, wrote that he had the same worries.

“But never did we think it would happen in the very place he is suppose to be safe,” he said on the GoFundMe page, “at his own home by someone he trusted.”

“It’s so hard for me to look at my cousin,” Jackson continued. “… Before this tragedy he was so independent, happy, outgoing and charismatic. He was always the life of the party, and was there to help everyone. Now, as I sit and watch him cry and have mental breakdowns, asking if there is anything he could have done differently, [it] just tears my heart apart. This should NEVER happen to anyone.”

The crowdfunding pages for the two men have raised a combined $35,000 so far, and Atlanta’s LGBT community has arranged a fundraiser for them at a local sports bar.

“It gives you that feeling that not everybody in the world is bad,” Tolbert told Project Q. “I am just glad there are people out there that care enough that they want to help.”

The 21-year-old is still recovering, but he said the attack has changed his plans for his life. He wants to go back to school, he said, maybe get a medical degree, or pursue some sort of public speaking. He hopes to do something for people who have been in similar situations.

“This incident has opened a couple of doors in my head for me,” he said. “… I feel I could help somebody.”

SOURCE

This story shocked my senses. I'm not sure "Hate Crime" quite expresses the horror of this.

After a long day's work for below poverty level wages they sought solace in each other's arms under the safety of his mother's roof where they lay sleeping. Then the unthinkable happens.

I cannot imagine the pain. I cannot imagine the nightmares their futures hold. How could one ever feel safe enough to sleep again?

Last edited:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's possible this hick moron didn't acutally understand just what boiling water does. He may actually not have meant to disfigure these two young men like this. His idiotic protestation that it was just a little hot water may be genuine if utterly unspeakably stupid.

I'm not sure hate-crime laws are needed here - if this was a straight couple it would be just as much of a crime.

That fact that this prick is being held without bail shows the authorities are not giving hims a free pass.

B.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Never ever before I've read such a horror story. Put only one finger in boiling water - and now think someone will pour the whole pot of boiling water over your naked body! I'm deeply shocked that on this world are living so many people which will have instead of a brain only a hate driven pea. And this person surely says from himself that he will be a devout man. So give him what the Bible says: An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth!

shannon

Reaction score
lot of people think gay people should die or be killed, straight people espically christians believe this.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act is a life saver for many Gays that live in the southern US. The world in the southern US is a place hard to imagine, when you have law and judges who are Southern Baptists or worse that think Gays are fair game and don't deserve equal treatment this federal law is a lifeline. I and my partner sleep better at night knowing we would have the feds to turn to for help.
Below is one example

Two men convicted of a horrific attack on a gay black man in Texas have been sentenced to the maximum 15 years behind bars, reports The Washington Post.

The heinous attack reportedly stemmed from the unidentified victim’s unpaid $5 bet.

Ramiro Serrata, 23, and Jimmy Garza, 33, were sentenced by a federal judge Wednesday, according to court documents filed by the Justice Department, the Post reports.

The men, who are white, pleaded guilty in September to conspiracy to commit hate crimes and to violating the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. The law is named after Shepard, a gay student at the University of Wyoming who was murdered in 1998, and also for Byrd, a black man dragged to death by men in a pickup truck in Texas in 1998.

Prosecutors told the court Serrata, 23, and Garza, 33, tortured the victim over three hours in a Corpus Christi apartment in March 2012. According to court documents, the men punched and kicked the man, pummeled him with a frying pan, a mug, and a broom, and struck him with a belt and a sock that contained a battery.

But that was not all they did. They also poured bleach into the victim's eyes, sodomized him with the broom handle, and pistol-whipped him, according to prosecutors.

And when the victim started to bleed, prosecutors said, the men forced him to strip off all his clothes and clean up the blood. Throughout the three-hour ordeal, Serrata and Garza were said to have used racial and antigay slurs. Prosecutors added that they called the man a slave while whipping him with the belt.

According to court documents, the man finally escaped by jumping from an apartment window and running away. He was found by police, who also arrested a third man, Carlos Garcia Jr., who pleaded guilty to making false statements to a law enforcement officer. Garcia is awaiting sentencing, according to the Post.

Enacted in 2009, the law named for Shepard and Byrd expanded the federal definition of hate crimes — which covered attacks motivated by race, color, religion, or national origin — to include those based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. The law also makes an attack U.S. military personnel because of their service a federal offense.

“These crimes violate both our civil rights laws and most basic national value,” Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta, who heads the Justice Department Civil Rights Division, said in a statement.
Code:
http://www.advocate.com/crime/2016/2/18/attackers-sentenced-horrifying-torture-gay-texas-man
In a perfect world hate crime laws might not be needed but in backward areas run by Christo facists they truly are.

mrpiz

Super Vip
Reaction score
martin_luther_blackwell_mugshot_650.png

Martin Blackwell
The face of pure evil. Hope he gets whats coming to him.

cacc

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
That's just horrible, I hope there is a severe punishment.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Somewhere, deep within the bowels of the discussion back pages, there is a thread about what "Super Power" you'd want to have...

I now know what power I want...

Ghost Rider's penance stare. The power to make people like this guy experience all the pain, suffering, and terror of their victims. Only being the sadistic bastard I am, I want it to last. Just replay over and over again on a continuous loop...

fkboy1

Reaction score
martin_luther_blackwell_mugshot_650.png

Martin Blackwell
The face of pure evil. Hope he gets whats coming to him.

If there is indeed a Hell, I'm sure a spot has been reserved in there for this pathetic excuse of a human being.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Gay Men Who Were Attacked With Boiling Water Speak Out About Ordeal
TakePart com | April 1, 2016

22298636a499198a1220b0eb79384c07fa4ae713.jpg

Gay Men Who Were Attacked With Boiling Water Speak Out About Ordeal

When Marquez Tolbert came out as gay two years ago, at the age of 19, he says his family was “surprisingly accepting.” Growing up just outside Atlanta, where “few people around are gay and I didn’t have any gay friends,” he’d been nervous about telling family and friends he was gay.

Tolbert’s mother embraced him when he came out, but she also knew that her son’s sexual orientation could make him a target.

“I’m not the most masculine guy in the world and she always had a fear of somebody picking on me or bullying me because of it,” he told TakePart.

On February 12, his mother’s fears became a reality.

Tolbert and his boyfriend, 23-year-old Anthony Gooden, were asleep in the living room of Gooden’s mother’s house when her boyfriend, a man named Martin Blackwell, poured boiling water over the couple.

“They was stuck together like two hot dogs, so I poured a little hot water on them and helped them out,” Blackwell told College Park police.

The young men were hospitalized with second and third degree burns on their faces and bodies. The injuries were so severe they received skin grafts.

Blackwell, who was charged with two counts of aggravated battery, told police he burned the young men because he was disgusted with their relationship. Even though Blackwell dated Gooden’s mother for around two years, Gooden says he didn’t interact much with the older man.

“He would ask crazy questions about me and Marquez, like, 'Are you having sex?' Asking the same question over and over,” Gooden told TakePart. “He was curious, that’s how I felt.”

At the time of the attack, Gooden had only been dating Tolbert for two months. They met while Gooden was working at a Taco Bell. Tolbert came to the drive thru and Gooden thought he was cute.

“We exchanged numbers and it went from there,” Gooden said. They were both from the same area outside Atlanta and they started working together at a temp agency for warehouse work. “We were together almost every day,” says Gooden.

Though Gooden was dating men he largely kept the fact that he was gay private. His family knew, they are loving and supportive, but he has a lot of friends who are straight. He sometimes tried to conceal parts of himself from them. “I have my feminine ways, but I know how to act around certain people,” he says. Some people in his life learned he was gay when the news of his injuries went viral.

“Some of ‘em called me, some of ‘em didn’t,” he says.

Social media and the Go Fund Me campaigns that family friends set up to help pay for medical expenses and recovery have been flooded with public support for Tolbert and Gooden.

RELATED: FBI Investigates Boiling Water Attack on Sleeping Gay Couple as Hate Crime

But not every reaction has been positive. Both men have also received messages and seen comments online questioning whether the attack was a hate crime. Gooden says that there are people “saying we deserve it” and suggesting that the incident was the result of a disagreement or argument rather than an unprovoked act of violence.

Two weeks ago, someone online told Tolbert that he chose to be gay and “should have known this was gonna happen.” However, both men are adamant that this was an unprovoked hate crime. People questioning that, “don’t understand what happened,” says Tolbert. “The truth is he poured boiling hot water on us while we were sleeping.”

The men are trying to ignore judgmental and biased reactions and focus on the loving responses that have flooded in from across the country. Someone messaged Tolbert offering him a place to stay if he’s ever in Oregon. So far, the Go Fund Me campaigns started by family friends have raised over $100,000.

They will need it. The medical bills are piling up. It’s only been two weeks since Gooden left the hospital. He’s receiving counseling and physical and occupational therapy, and doctors have told him a full recovery could take two years.

“I’m feeling tight. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night,” says Gooden. He is still achy, itchy and his left arm is in a cast. Tolbert, who was in the hospital for 10 days, says he is still in pain and has to do a lot of stretching.

While they work to rebuild their lives, Martin Blackwell is in jail. Georgia is one of 20 states that doesn’t have a hate crime law that addresses crimes motivated by bias against sexual orientation. That means the state can charge Blackwell with battery, but it’s up to the federal government to prosecute him for a hate crime. In March, the FBI announced that it was investigating the incident. Gooden says he has been in regular contact with the district attorney, and federal investigators have come to see him at home. It feels like “they’re trying to get me justice and I want it prosecuted to the fullest,” he says.

SOURCE

The FBI needs to prosecute this case and every other case where there is a chance hate was the motive for violence or discrimination against Gays.

I'm glad to hear they are working towards recovery and have the support of family and friends ... and the GoFundMe friends from around the country!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
On the one hand, the strong support on Go fund me is heart-warming. So many people giving to help this poor couple.

On the othe hand - what kind a fucked-up country cripples crime victims with medical bills? Seriously?

It staggers me that healthcare reform is not at the absolute top of the agenda with all parties workign together to bring America into the 20th century in this regard. Britain got universal healthcare after WW2 - what is taking America so long?

This kind of story illustrates how barbaric the American healthcare system is.

B.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
On the one hand, the strong support on Go fund me is heart-warming. So many people giving to help this poor couple.

On the othe hand - what kind a fucked-up country cripples crime victims with medical bills? Seriously?

It staggers me that healthcare reform is not at the absolute top of the agenda with all parties workign together to bring America into the 20th century in this regard. Britain got universal healthcare after WW2 - what is taking America so long?

This kind of story illustrates how barbaric the American healthcare system is.

B.

The answer is really quite simple...

If you were to look at the investment portfolios of all the Senators and Congressmen you'd find that about 80% of them have significant interest in the medical and drug industry.

Why would they ever want healthcare reform when it would cost them profits?

It's just another symptom of a broken system...

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
ATLANTA (AP) — A judge sentenced a Georgia man to 40 years in prison Wednesday for throwing scalding water on a gay couple sleeping in an apartment, leaving them with severe burns that required surgery.

Full story here...

40 years? Well, it's a good start...:thumbs up:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
ATLANTA (AP) — A judge sentenced a Georgia man to 40 years in prison Wednesday for throwing scalding water on a gay couple sleeping in an apartment, leaving them with severe burns that required surgery.

Full story here...

40 years? Well, it's a good start...:thumbs up:

It is a great day for justice. This monster should get moldy in jail. And when his defender says he acted in "old-school manner" - perhaps the court should act as well in "old-school-manner" and should pour boiling water over him in the matter of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

But the best was the comment of one of the readers of this article who wrote:
Let me see if I understand this...part of the defense was the guy poured boiling water on them and didn't expect it to hurt them? I suppose if this lawyer was defending Bill Cosby he could say Bill put his weiner in his unconsious victims vagina but didn't expect it to rape her...Lordy the courts confuse me.

Last edited:

lhardwick69

Reaction score
what gets me iswhat happens to this guy will be decided if it was a hatecrime or not--once the guy realizes if deemed a hatecrime he will get a stiffer sentence--so he can plea he did it as a joke and get away with it--

just like the idiot that killed all them gays in that bar saying he hated what he saw one day--then did what he did and now government deemed it a act of isis and I don't believe it--even friends at work that are straight don't think isis did it because if a hate crime of this magnitude happened the riots across this country would be huge--

the law needs to start labeling crimes as to what they are make people realize this shit wont be tolerated--and start making people pay for what they do--murderers do rapists do---child molesters do--and so should they

trencherman

Reaction score
It is a great day for justice. This monster should get moldy in jail. And when his defender says he acted in "old-school manner" - perhaps the court should act as well in "old-school-manner" and should pour boiling water over him in the matter of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
[/B]

I know an eye for an eye only leads to more blindness (Margaret Atwood) but
that's the only way the culprit can be made to experience what he inflicted on
his fellow human being.

Btw, He will find out soon how abominable and wretched being gay can be, when he drops the bath soap in prison.

dklthrmn

Reaction score
That is sooooo wrong in soooo many ways. No words!!!!