• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Newly discovered Android Security flaw can wipe your phone

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Newly discovered Android security flaw can wipe your phone with the click of a link.

Hi Guys

I know that i'm a bit late on this but want to inform you all that while watching my local news yesterday, they mentioned this serious security flaw which affects a number of Android-based smartphones, including Samsung's Galaxy S III.

Here is article i found online regarding about this,

A potentially devastating security flaw has been uncovered that affects a sizeable number of Android-based smartphones, including Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III. The exploit allows web pages to make your phone believe that a special service number called a Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) code has been dialed into it, including one that can instantly wipe all data on it. These codes are normally used by cellular carriers to perform diagnostics and other functions on your phone.

The problem has evidently been known for a while but requires software updates to phones in order to be eliminated. Samsung has updated its Galaxy S III software to address the flaw, but not everyone may be running the newest version. To check if you are, load your phone's Setting app scroll down to About Device. Tap that, then the Software Update tab at the top of the next screen that appears. Then, tap Update on the following screen. Your phone will check for updates and install the latest if you're running an older version.

Multiple other Samsung models, along with some from HTC and Motorola, are also said to be affected by the flaw. There are a few things you can do to protect yourself if you are using them.

The first is simply to avoid visiting links you're not sure are legitimate. Next, you can download and use an alternative dialer app (used for making calls) like Dialer One (download for Android) that won't automatically execute the USSD instructions. Finally — and most importantly — you should make a daily backup of your phone to your computer in the event it does get wiped. This is a good idea in general, but has become an especially crucial one given the discovery of this flaw.

News Source : Anonym zu news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/newly-discovered-android-security-flaw-wipe-phone-click-010830893.html

& Here is a list of the potentially compromised phones: Including my own phone "Samsung Galaxy S II ( with TouchWiz 4.0)"

• Samsung Illusion SCH-I110 (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Infuse 4G (TouchWiz 3.0)[4]
• Samsung Rugby Smart (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Droid Charge
• Samsung Galaxy Gio (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Fit (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Mini (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy 3 (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy 5 (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Captivate Glide (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Gravity Smart
• Samsung Exhibit II 4G (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Y (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy W (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy R (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Ace (TouchWiz 3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Pro (TouchWiz UI v3.0)
• Samsung Galaxy Pocket
• Samsung Galaxy S (TouchWiz 3.0 / TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S Duos (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 (TouchWiz 3.0 / TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S Plus (TouchWiz 3.0 / TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S Advance (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S II (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (TouchWiz 4.0)
• Samsung Galaxy S III (TouchWiz Nature UX)

News Source for the above list of phones and Further updates Anonym zu gizmodo.com/5946334/samsung-security-bug-can-wipe-out-your-galaxy-phone-updating

** Warning within the news article on the 2nd link shown above there is a link on the page that does have the code to the site that causes this security flaw, I recommend that anyone who has an Android phone, Please do not click that link on your phones cause your data will be wiped out :big hug:

I hope all the information above helps my dear :heart: friends & Everyone:heart:

& I hope you all have a nice Day/Evening where you are now & Take extra care of yourselves:)

Yours Sincerely:heart:

Cute Prince101:cheers:

:heart::heart:

MaximumT

Super Vip
Reaction score
I use a Samsung Galaxy S II as well, and I assume I have TouchWiz 4.0 but to be honest I have no idea where to find that info... :p
And according to that site, the lastest firmware 4.0.4 to Galaxy S3 seems to resolve the problem, but what about other phones? I've got ICS 4.0.3 so I'm guessing I still have to avoid those websites... X_X

Thanks for sharing the info, CP101! :)

H

HettoreConti

Phew! Good think I still use carrier pigeons and smoke signals. Try and hack that, Anonymous!

AleXXX UK

Reaction score
If you can you should root your phones and install clockwork recovery. It will create an exact copy of your phones software on the SD card so at any time you have the option of oing into recovery mode and bringing your phone back to exactly where it was. Or you could just buy an iPhone 5 like I did :D

AleXXX UK

Reaction score
You iPhobes could only dream of such a well built and luxurious device. The first thing I did with my Xperia to get rid of all the Sony bloatware was to root and rom it. Then everyone start raving about the latest JellybreadSandwich build so i installed a version cobbled together by some hacker kid on xda. Half the functions then stopped working. With the amount of hacking you need to do to get any decent performance or function out of a droid I'm surprised they don't come with a free screw driver. Well if you don't like your garden walled then don't cry when when you're invaded by the enemy!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
I use a Samsung Galaxy S II as well, and I assume I have TouchWiz 4.0 but to be honest I have no idea where to find that info... :p
And according to that site, the lastest firmware 4.0.4 to Galaxy S3 seems to resolve the problem, but what about other phones? I've got ICS 4.0.3 so I'm guessing I still have to avoid those websites... X_X

Thanks for sharing the info, CP101! :)

Aww Thanks for your kind comment my dear friend MaximumT:heart: & letting me know that you have a Galaxy S II like me, & regarding about the TouchWiz 4.0, that's Samsung's own android skin which is the touch user interface, Here is a direct link to a article that gives us a Walkthrough the TouchWiz 4.0 interface
Anonym zu www.phonearena.com/news/TouchWiz-4.0-Walkthrough_id18637 I hope that information above helps :big hug: & yes i know that the website i provided above says that the latest system 4.0.4 for Galaxy S3 seems to fix the problem, & sadly there isn't any 4.0.4 version for Galaxy S2 yet, the only thing i can suggest is that you have to avoid accessing those websites or download a alternative dialer app (used for making calls) like for example Dialer One which can be found in Google Play app that won't automatically execute the USSD instructions.
and me too I also got that 4.0.3 version as well, according to Samsung they have revealed the list of there other phones that will be getting Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware update shown here Anonym zu www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-reveals-all-devices-that-will-get-Android-4.1-Jelly-Bean-update_id34807 I hope the information above helps:) and that's alright you're always welcome anytime, I'm always forever :) to share information this info with everyone here :big hug: