• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Rupert Everett: ‘Gay parents? I can’t think of anything worse.’

B

bafm

Gay actor Rupert Everett has provoked a furious backlash after saying that he 'can't think of anything worse than being brought up by two dads'.

His comments will likely offend and surprise couples such as Sir Elton John and David Furnish because he has previously championed gay rights since coming out of the closet 20 years ago.

Gay rights campaigners have rounded on the 53-year-old, with one saying he should 'get out a bit more'.

Everett, an army major's son, has in the past rubbished the idea of homosexuals having children through a surrogate.

But the latest remarks, made in The Sunday Times Magazine, are the first to criticise the ability of gays to be good parents.

Ben Summerskill, chief executive of gay and lesbian pressure group Stonewall, said: 'Rupert should get out a little bit more to see the facts for himself.

'There is absolutely no evidence that the kids of gays parents suffer in the way they are being brought up or in how they develop.'

Sir Elton and Furnish, whose son Zachary will be two on Christmas Day, are not thought to have responded as yet to the comments.

The couple were shortlisted in 2011 for the title of celebrity dad of the year.

Earlier this year, Everett said 'the key thing was that Zachary is loved and supported and that he knows there are other children in the same situation.'

Same-sex households are on the increase and in some American states it is around one per cent of the total.

Some studies have also suggested that those children do better than ones born to heterosexual couples.

Everett, who played a gay man who made Madonna pregnant in the film The Next Best Thing, admitted in the interview that his mother Sara 'still wishes I had a wife and kid'.

The actor, who is currently starring as Oscar Wilde in The Judas Kiss at the Hampstead Theatre, has previously said if he was going to be a parent he would adopt or foster.

The issue of gay parents flared up in January when then U.S. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said children 'are better off with a father in jail than being raised by lesbian parents'.

SOURCE

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Some actor says something dumb. So what? He has no effect on anything that matters. Really, if all the gay rights reactionaries didn't pile on, no one would even notice!

Talk about totally shooting yourself in the foot!

B.

AleXXX UK

Reaction score
He did say he'd be open to fostering or adopting kids. I think thats morally better than spending many thousands on a surragote when there are so many abandoned kids out there. It would be interesting to see if he did end up with kids and then met the man of his dreams. Would he ditch the kids, the guy or keep both ending up with a two dad family himself?

B

bafm

My opinion?

I think he just wanted to advertise himself...

Oscar Wilde said: "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about".

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dear bafm you have taken the words out of my mouth.

Anyway, it's no wonder to some people. As they say, there is no end to the worst.

I also agree on the main post of the discussion.

Some studies have also suggested that those children do better than ones born to heterosexual couples.

Some time ago one of these studies was carried out by a private university Christian, can not remember which, who had come to the same conclusion, but quickly recanted everything, after protests from various churches.

Milkyboi

Reaction score
I have a friend who was raised by gay parents. She turned out better than most people. And yea people can listen to this guy all they want. but just cuz 1 gay guy said it- it doesn't make that official.
The reason why people say its best to be raised by a mom and dad is because almost everyone is, and for those of us who were raised by one mom, or one dad.. Well were jealous. i k i was. But someone who has 2 moms, or 2 dads.. THATS THEIR FAMILY! they wouldnt trade their parents for the whole world!
Studies show that gayparents on AVERAGE parent better than straight parents. Now before you all freak out, take a second to stop and think. A gay couple can't accidentaly have a child, if they adopt a child it's because they WANT to take care of their child and raise them with all their love. Now some gay parents and straight parents may be not very good parents. But then again there are also both really good straight and gay parents- the sexuality doesnt make a difference. Also, even some single parents can be amazing parents!
People need to treat everyone as individuals, and not as a collection of stereotyped groups.

T

takeitall456

My opinion?

I think he just wanted to advertise himself...

Oscar Wilde said: "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about".

Sad but so true :agree:

sheppup

Reaction score
Dear bafm you have taken the words out of my mouth.

Anyway, it's no wonder to some people. As they say, there is no end to the worst.

I also agree on the main post of the discussion.

Some time ago one of these studies was carried out by a private university Christian, can not remember which, who had come to the same conclusion, but quickly recanted everything, after protests from various churches.

Sure, religion must be protected at all costs LOL.

sheppup

Reaction score

Gay actor Rupert Everett has provoked a furious backlash after saying that he 'can't think of anything worse than being brought up by two dads'.

His comments will likely offend and surprise couples such as Sir Elton John and David Furnish because he has previously championed gay rights since coming out of the closet 20 years ago.

Gay rights campaigners have rounded on the 53-year-old, with one saying he should 'get out a bit more'.

Everett, an army major's son, has in the past rubbished the idea of homosexuals having children through a surrogate.

But the latest remarks, made in The Sunday Times Magazine, are the first to criticise the ability of gays to be good parents.

Ben Summerskill, chief executive of gay and lesbian pressure group Stonewall, said: 'Rupert should get out a little bit more to see the facts for himself.

'There is absolutely no evidence that the kids of gays parents suffer in the way they are being brought up or in how they develop.'

Sir Elton and Furnish, whose son Zachary will be two on Christmas Day, are not thought to have responded as yet to the comments.

The couple were shortlisted in 2011 for the title of celebrity dad of the year.

Earlier this year, Everett said 'the key thing was that Zachary is loved and supported and that he knows there are other children in the same situation.'

Same-sex households are on the increase and in some American states it is around one per cent of the total.

Everett, who played a gay man who made Madonna pregnant in the film The Next Best Thing, admitted in the interview that his mother Sara 'still wishes I had a wife and kid'.

The actor, who is currently starring as Oscar Wilde in The Judas Kiss at the Hampstead Theatre, has previously said if he was going to be a parent he would adopt or foster.

The issue of gay parents flared up in January when then U.S. Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum said children 'are better off with a father in jail than being raised by lesbian parents'.

SOURCE

What can one say about this? Another star speaks about something they know nothing about? No big surprise there at all.