• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Russia really hates ''The Bearded Lady''

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst won Europe’s annual Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday night — causing Russia to see red. Russian MPs have proposed a new festival called ''The Voice of Eurasia'' that would make it easier for Russia to promote traditional family values, and wouldn't allow Russian citizenship to be exposed to gay propaganda.

Tom Neuwirth told Reuters that his beard was "a statement to say that you can achieve anything, no matter who you are or how you look," adding that his whole Conchita Wurst persona is a statement on tolerance.

1399994042.jpg

“I can only say, ‘Thank you for your attention!’ If this is only about me and my person, I can live with it,” the 25-year-old said in a reference to his critics. “You know, I have a thick skin. It’s just strange that a little facial hair causes that much excitement.’’ In a dig at Moscow, he claimed, “Eighty percent of the autograph requests that I get are from Russia and Eastern Europe — that’s what’s important to me.”

In Russia, which passed a law against “gay propaganda” last year, and in other Eastern European countries, including Armenia and Belarus, petitions had been circulated calling on the organizers to boot Wurst from the contest — or at least edit him out of the broadcast.

Wurst’s victory in the singing event was nothing but “blatant propaganda of homosexuality and spiritual decay,” Russian legislator Vitaly Milonov fumed. "The participation of the clear transvestite and hermaphrodite Conchita Wurst on the same stage as Russian performers on live television is obvious propaganda for homosexuality and moral decay," Milonov wrote.

Ultranationalist MP Vladimir Zhirinovsky called this year’s result “the end of Europe,” saying: “There is no limit to our outrage. It has turned wild. There are no more men or women in Europe, just it...Fifty years ago the Soviet army occupied Austria,” he added. “We made a mistake in freeing Austria. We should have stayed.”

Putin’s vice premier, Dmitry Rogozin, tweeted that the contest “showed supporters of European integration their European future—a bearded girl.” To which the only right-minded response right now, is “Hell, yeah, Dmitry.”

A State Duma member from the Communist Party, Valery Rashkin, said that Russia ''can't no longer participate in this contest. We can not tolerate endless insanity''. He will support the idea of making a new festival ''The Voice of Eurasia'', which will be primarily dedicated to the nation from the area of ​​the former Soviet Union.

cwdld.jpg

Of course, not all Russians felt that way. Russia allotted her five points in the official tally, and the nation’s own Eurovision team voiced support for Wurst. “Do not judge the victors,” singer Filipp Kirkorov pleaded. “It was the song that won, and in my opinion it was a beautiful song… With a beard, without a beard, a woman, a man — it is unimportant, this is a competition, a song contest. This time, Europe voted this way.”

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I've read he created the lady because the jurors in the casting shows told him his voice would be too feminine. :D

The russian tele-voters called for Conchita. ;) Seems the "correction" thing doesn't work for "neighor-voting" but it works in this "political" way very well.

js324

Reaction score
I feel that if he hadn't performed as "Conchita/The Beared Lady," he/Austria would not have won

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
There are Gay men here and on other Gay sites who support Russia's recent military and political actions openly and with a lot of patriotic rhetoric and zeal. I cannot understand how that can be. The treatment of Gays in Russia and it's desire to erase Gays from their population (another holocaust in the making) should have those same Gay men zealously opposing Russia's actions at home, abroad, militarily, politically, socially, legally and in all facets of gov't.

The Gay men and women of Russia have a very difficult future ahead of them and I send my sincerest sympathy.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I feel that if he hadn't performed as "Conchita/The Beared Lady," he/Austria would not have won

Maybe.

And maybe a bearded lady would not have won if gays and lesbians wouldn't be discrimintated in Russia and sometimes killed without the police interfering.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe the Czar should enter the contest next year. Can Vladimir sing?
I might even vote for him singing "Macho Man" in spandex hot pants.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe the Czar should enter the contest next year. Can Vladimir sing?
I might even vote for him singing "Macho Man" in spandex hot pants.

Well, we could always re-define the very concept of song, so that what tavaritj Putin does per definition is song...aint logic sumpthin'...;)

I mean, it has happened so many times before - thanks to the divine genious of Iosif Vissionariovitj Djugazvili (a.k.a. Stalin), Trofim Lysenko could re-define the concept of genetics, and Andrej Zhjdanov would re-define the concept of realism in literature and art...

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think you mean like the way McDonalds redefined the concept of "food"

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe.

And maybe a bearded lady would not have won if gays and lesbians wouldn't be discrimintated in Russia and sometimes killed without the police interfering.

Austria definitely nailed it because it was definitely the time for something like that to happen.

If Conchita went to ESC in 2012 or last year, the act wouldn't have the impact it is having right now and most probably wouldn't have won.

ritsuka

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
There are Gay men here and on other Gay sites who support Russia's recent military and political actions openly and with a lot of patriotic rhetoric and zeal. I cannot understand how that can be. The treatment of Gays in Russia and it's desire to erase Gays from their population (another holocaust in the making) should have those same Gay men zealously opposing Russia's actions at home, abroad, militarily, politically, socially, legally and in all facets of gov't.

Just because Russia has anti-gay laws/culture doesn't mean every homosexual in the world is obligated to take the side of US/NATO in the new cold war they are brewing against Russia. Nor does Obama making some token statement about supporting gay marriage mean that I support his daily murdering innocent people with drones and occupations of foreign lands, or his support of "clean coal," etc. Nor do I buy into Israel's attempts to 'pinkwash' their racist apartheid system of government by publicizing how hip they are to gay rights. So really, I think it is acceptable to view such topics individually. I'm sure GLBT Russians can fight for gay rights and celebrate Crimea reuniting with Russia if they want.

Last edited:

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Your reasoning is as bizarre as your Roman military attire.

Obama is the western world's commander. He deploys as little as he can. He has pulled back in a gradual way. Faster? I would like that. But I am not the commander of the west.
Drones? NSA internet? The west's commander trying to fulfill his duties in the least intrusive way possible.
I would LOVE to have America pull back much more. But if America pulls back, the blood will flow. Regional disputes will blossom like spring flowers.

In terms of of gay rights, you've seen the democratic west grapple with this for decades.
Messy, mean, triumphant. That's the nature of human progress.

Last edited:

uwsguy102

Reaction score
I kind of get what you're saying, but to some extent, lots of 'pop music' stars have something like that. You could say Lady Gaga wouldn't have become as famous if she hadn't turned her act into 'performance art' and worn all those outrageous costumes. But she's undeniably talented and so maybe she would've. Back in the '80s Elton John reinvented his look and wore a big Donald Duck suit on stage at one point. But he had been very successful before, so maybe he could've made a comeback without the wigs and glasses. Back in the '70s David Bowie created Ziggy Stardust, which is one of the greatest albums of all time. Would it have been as successful if the character wasn't an androgynous alien? Who knows?

Yes, there is a big momentum around the world about gay rights, and maybe Conchita Wurst rode some of that into the win, but the fact is- it's a great pop song and she sang the holy hell out of it. And she looked amazing. Isn't that what Eurovision is about? (I'm not being sarcastic- I'm American. I don't really follow this contest that much...)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Russia doesn't have an "anti gay culture". People have prejudices like they have them everywhere. But that doesn't give Western Europe a "gay" culture and Russia a "decent" one. This is propaganda that's supposed to help to turn Russia into a dictatorship. Every dictator needs enemies as an integrating brace to keep the people together. Putin obvioulsy didn't find better ones.

I mean this guy is President/Primeminister/President since 12 years. And after 12 years he finds out how bad gay people are. I think that's rather obvious.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Russia doesn't have an "anti gay culture". People have prejudices like they have them everywhere. But that doesn't give Western Europe a "gay" culture and Russia a "decent" one. This is propaganda that's supposed to help to turn Russia into a dictatorship. Every dictator needs enemies as an integrating brace to keep the people together. Putin obvioulsy didn't find better ones.

I mean this guy is President/Primeminister/President since 12 years. And after 12 years he finds out how bad gay people are. I think that's rather obvious.

Exactly - to retain your grip on power you need to do some serious "othering", and Putin has decided to persecute the gays.

B.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is propaganda that's supposed to help to turn Russia into a dictatorship. Every dictator needs enemies as an integrating brace to keep the people together. Putin obvioulsy didn't find better ones.

You hit the nail on the head!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Conchita Wurst caused Balkan floods...

Eastern Orthodox Church Leaders Claim Conchita Wurst Caused Floods In Balkan Peninsula

Of the many superpowers that drag queens posess - razor wit, flawless reading abilities, livers of granite - controlling the weather is not one of them. Eastern European religious leaders, however, are unaware of this fact and are blaming Conchita Wurst winning Eurovision 2014 for the floods in the Balkan Penninsula. Said Patriarch Amfilohije of Montenegro,

God sent the rains as a reminder that people should not join the wild side[...]God is thus washing Serbia of its sins.

So not only does the Almighty watch Eurovision, but the victory of an Austrian drag queen sends Him into such a tantrum that he destroys the lives of some 150,000 people in a completely unrelated country to express His dissatisfaction. That makes sense.

eoc.jpg

Wouldn't God have punished Austria or at least countries which gave Conchita 12 points? [j/k]:p