• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

The Oscars 2024

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
So it's that time of year again and this years winners will be announced at the weekend. I made a complete mess of my predictions last year but being a glutton for punishment it's time to do it again so here are mine - please add yours below.

BEST PICTURE: It's a strong list The Holdovers; The Killing OF Flower Moon; American Fiction; Barbie; Anatomy Of A Fall; Maestro; Poor Things; Oppenheimer; Past Lives & The Zone Of Interest. I have seen all of them except Maestro and at the bottom of the list I would put Barbie & Killing Of Flower Moon. For me I think it's a toss up between The Holdovers and Poor Things... but I suspect Oppenheimer will get it.

ACTOR IN LEADING ROLE: Paul Giamatti for the excellent The Holdovers - but I think Cillian Murphy might get it.

ACTRESS IN LEADING ROLE: Emma Stone for her wonderful performance in Poor Things.

ACTOR IN SUPPORTING ROLE: Mark Ruffalo for Poor Things - but I think De Niro will get it

ACTRESS IN SUPPORTING ROLE: Da'vine Joy Randolph for The Holdovers

INTERNATIONAL PICTURE: The Zone Of Interest - I haven't seen the others but I cannot imagine they could come close to this astonishing film

SOUND DESIGN: The Zone Of Interest - The soundscape is very powerful and atmospheric.

I think it's a shame that the utterly charming PAST LIVES made it onto the Best Picture list where, as it's in Korean, Mandarin, French & English (and therefore subtitled or dubbed) it's highly unlikely to get the Oscar whereas if it had been on the International list it would have given THE ZONE OF INTEREST a good contest.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Here is mine:

Best International Feature: The Zone of Interest

Best DocUmentary Feature: 20 Days in Mariupol

Best Original Song: What Was I Made For? by Billie Eilish

Best Picture - Oppenheimer

Best Director - Christopher Nolan (Oppenheimer)

Best Actor - Cillian Murphy (Oppenheimer)

Best Actress - Lily Gladstone (Killers Of The Flower Moon)

I hope Zone of interest wins for Sound. You'll know what I mean if you've seen the film. 😨

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well it mostly ended up as we all expected with Oppenheimer picking up many of the "top" awards. I'm really pleased to see Da'vine Joy Randolph getting Actress in a Supporting Role for The Holdovers 'cos she is really good ( the movie is excellent - do watch it if you get the chance)

And congrats to THE ZONE OF INTEREST for getting Best International film and Best Sound. I highly recommend this movie, some will find it too slow but stick with it. I thought it was an astonishing, jaw dropping breathtaking piece of cinema. The Oscar for Best Sound is so well deserved as the soundscape is so integral to the tone and atmosphere of this chilling movie. I cannot find a suitable YTube clip due to actor ages.

If you are thinking "I don't want to watch a movie showing the horrors of Auschwitz" then don't worry, THE ZONE OF INTEREST doesn't do that..... and the impact is all the stronger for it.

Last edited: