• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Clarifications on the Bugatti T 101 part 1

I don't know what that other monstrosity is, but the Exner Bugatti is indeed a true Bugatti and the last one ever built.

After WWII the Bugatti tried to produce cars again and developed the type 101 chassis based off the pre-war type 57 chassis. Seven type 101 chassis were built between 1951-52 and six were sold. In true Bugatti tradition, the six chassis sold were fitted with custom coachwork to the buyers specifications. Two other type 57 cars were converted to type 101 specs to make a total of 9 type 101 Bugattis.

The seventh unsold chassis was finally purchased by Virgil Exner in 1961 for the bargain price of $2500.

Exner designed the fabulous coachwork seen here and commissioned Ghia to build the body. Exner had hoped to revive Bugatti, but much like his Duesenburg attempt, the financing wasn't there.

I say the last "true" Bugatti because it was the last car made in the Bugatti factory. The new models are made by Volkswagon

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I don't like the type 101. I think Bugatti is died with the accident of Jean in 1939.

golfdelta21

Reaction score
I don't like the type 101. I think Bugatti is died with the accident of Jean in 1939.

I think it's a bit drastic opinion.
If it were true, Ferrari and Porsche would no longer exist after the death of Enzo Ferrari in 1988 and Ferdinand Porsche in 1951.
Dreams never die and Bugatti cars are a wonderful dream

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bit drastic opinion.
If it were true, Ferrari and Porsche would no longer exist after the death of Enzo Ferrari in 1988 and Ferdinand Porsche in 1951.
Dreams never die and Bugatti cars are a wonderful dream

About Citroen and Bugatti I am totally subjective, I know it.
Bugatti are art. As there is no Picasso or Delacroix pictures after their death, there is no Bugatti cars after Ettore and Jean Bugatti death.
Jean Bugatti was the only who could save the firm and even him, it would be not easy.
For example, the coupé de ville Royale type 41 by Binder and the coupé de ville Napoleon designed by Jean Bugatti, it is totally different, I think

Last edited:

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti type 41 Royale. All models part 2

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Prototype Packard 1926

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti Type 41 Royale. All models part 4

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Berline de Voyage 1929

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti Type 41 Royale. All models part 5

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Cabriolet Weinberg 1932

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti Type 41 Royale. All models part 6

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Coach Kellner 1932

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti type 41 Royale. All models part 7

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Limousine by Park Ward (1933)

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti type 41 Royale. All models part 8

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Roadster Esders Coupé (1932 replica)

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Bugatti type 41 Royale. All models part 9 (The end)

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Coupé De Ville by Binder 1932-1938
was previously a Bugatti Type 41 Royale Roadster Esders Coupé (1932)

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bugatti Type 41 Royale Roadster Esders Coupé (1932 replica)

Bugatti Type 41 "Royale"
After overhearing a woman say that Bugatti's couldn't compare to Rolls Royce, Ettore Bugatti set out to build the biggest, most luxurious, and impressive automobiles ever using a massive 12.7 liter, 300 hp inline 8 cylinder engine (one half of a 16 cylinder developed for airplanes) and with a wheel base over 15 foot, the scale of the cars was truly massive. Six were built between 1929 - 1933 at $30,000 for the chassis alone, only three were sold. Ettore was notoriously picky about who he'd sell them to and even refused to sell one to King Zog of Albania, claiming that "the man's table manners are beyond belief!"

41100 - Coupé Napoleon
The first Royale, and Ettore Bugatti's personal car. It originally had a Packard body. The body was changed several times and after Ettore fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed, it was rebuilt as it is today.

41111 - Coupé de ville Binder

Originally a two seat roadster with a dickey seat and no headlights designed by Ettore's son, Jean. It was purchased by the French politician Paternotre and the car was rebodied in the Coupé de ville style by the coach builder Henri Binder. During the Nazi occupation of France, it was hidden away in the sewers of Paris. Now owned by Volkswagen and used for promotion.

41121 - Cabriolet Weinberger

Sold in 1932 to German obstetrician Josef Fuchs who fled the political uprising in Germany taking the car with him. The engine froze one winter and cracked the block. In 1946 Charles Chayne, later vice-president of Corporate Engineering at General Motors, found the car in a scrap yard, purchased it for $400 and restored it, with a few hot-rodding touches like a 4 carb setup replacing the single carb. Other than a repaint from black to ivory with green trim, the car still wears it's original coachwork by Ludwig Weinberger. Chayne donated the car to the Henry Ford Museum.

41131 - Limousine Park-Ward

Part of the Fritz Schlumpf (more on him later) collection, the car now resides in the Musée National de l'Automobile de Mulhouse, alongside 41100

41141 - Kellner car

41150 - Berline de Voyage

These two cars were unsold and were bricked up behind a wall along with 41100 - Coupé Napoleon during World War II at the home of the Bugatti family in Ermenonville, to avoid being commandeered by the Nazis. In 1950 American race car driver Briggs Cunningham purchased 41141 and 41150 for FR₣200,000, ($571 US) plus a pair of new General Electric refrigerators, then unavailable in post-war France. Restoration costs would bring the total cost up to about 1 million Francs, or $2,858 US, per car. Cunningham sold 41150 Cameron Peck in early 1952 for about $6,500. Currently 41150 is part of the Blackhawk Collection in Danville, California. As for 41141, the current owner is unknown. At one time it was the most expensive collector car ever sold. The last known owner was Japanese conglomerate the Meitec Corporation who paid $15.7 million for it in 1990.

"Seventh Of Six"

French textiles magnate Fritz Schlumpf was an obsessive Bugatti collector at one time owning 105, including 18 of Ettore Bugatti's personal cars and much of the tooling and machinery from the Bugatti factory. When textile jobs started moving from France to Asia, the workers revolted and went on strike. The strike turned to riots and at one point the even forced their way into Schlumpf's garage intent on destroying his collection. But they were stunned by the sheer beauty of it and returned to their strike until Schlumpf went bankrupt and the collection was seized by the government who turned it into a museum.
"Seven Of Six" cannot be considered an actual Type 41, nor can it be considered a replica because the car was built using parts and tooling from the Bugatti factory. At best it should be considered an unauthorized "continuation" of the Bugatti Type 41.
"Seven Of Six" wears replicated coach work of the two seat roadster designed by Jean Bugatti once featured on 41111. the car still resides in the Musée National de l'Automobile de Mulhouse, alongside 41100 and 41131​

As I said before, calling the "Esders" 41 a replica is unfair. It was built using Bugatti parts using tooling from the Bugatti factory. I prefer to think of as a "continuation" model...

golfdelta21

Reaction score
'Replica' does not mean imitation

As I said before, calling the "Esders" 41 a replica is unfair. It was built using Bugatti parts using tooling from the Bugatti factory. I prefer to think of as a "continuation" model...

]

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
While technically a "continuation" is a type of replica, the fact that Seven of Six or the Edsers 41 which ever name you prefer, was made using original parts and tooling which to me, qualifies it as a "real" Bugatti Royale.

And BTW, the blue example used in the wiki article is a replica not the Schlumpf made car. Both the original and the "Schlumpf" Edsers 41 were designed without headlights and the wiki featured car has a more modern tubular front axle instead of the I-beam used on the type 41.