• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

health matter?11

lhardwick69

Reaction score
be cool to have a category for health matters so post things about health issues--

anyhow heres the issue having--I walk around 90 percent time I m tired low or no energy--when I sit down within minutes I'lll asleep--even fell asleep behind wheel while driving to work--what could this be--anyone else have this happen--my dad says its depression

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
It could be depression...or other things. You need a good health provider to help you figure it out.
Are you really falling asleep at the wheel? That's danger zone. I did that five years ago. Flipped the car, and woke up inside a burning shell. Luckily I was rescued, and am just now getting past it.
So don't follow my footsteps. Figure it our, and have a good life.

lhardwick69

Reaction score
thanks for replying was hoping more replies but no one did as this is kind of scaring me--was at hospital today dad had surgery and I fell asleep its like I had to fight to keep awake--people say drink energy drinks--they don't work--I called my doctor today and quickest get me in is two weeks hopefully I will last that long

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well there could be a number of causes, anxiety; anemia; sleep apnoea; underactive thyroid even vitamin D deficiency so seeing your Doc and getting a professional opinion is the obvious way forward.

Do you have gas appliances at home? I ask because a badly serviced gas boiler can produce carbon monoxide, and low-level exposure can cause tiredness -high levels much worse

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
I agree with SlimJim -- you should consult with your primary doctor or healthcare provider. Soon!

It kinda sounds like narcolepsy, though. I worked with a couple of people who had it and symptoms are very similar to theirs.

Please take care, especially if you have to drive.

:hug:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Energy drinks are a no no no. You get the sugar rush at first but then half an hour later you get the sugar crash which makes you feel even worse than when you started. Chewing gum is a better bet to put off the sleepiness. Tobacco is very good in that situation but you really don't want to resort to smoking, it brings too many of it's own problems. I don't think you can be that depressed since your other posts say that you still enjoy sex. Severe depression means nothing is fun anymore, not even that.
When I am driving half asleep I keep all the windows open, the traffic noise and cold air prevents me from relaxing*. You need to avoid becoming comfortable. Some drivers say they turn on a radio station that plays music that they hate, since anger is good at keeping you awake. So is hunger, drive on an empty stomach. Do whatever you have to do to make it through the next two weeks until you can talk to the doc, it's not that long to go.

*unless your car is so old, >25years, that it dosen't have a cat, then you need the windows closed to keep out the carbon monoxide

lhardwick69

Reaction score
well I almost wrecked today kind of scraped side of car against guard rail -decided to call doctor and see what says--see if get me in sooner--he faxed a work excuse to my place of employment off until November 5th so I am off work until then

this Is like one of the scariest things I ever been through--thanks for the replies---

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hang in there, buddy.
It's probably a solvable thing. And you didn't go into denial. You flagged it before it got out of hand.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Other than the falling asleep, do you feel sick? Fever? Cold? Achy? Also, obvious question, are you getting less sleep at night than normal>

lhardwick69

Reaction score
got papers in mail today asking me all sorts questions like that--never nauseated always feel achy like got hit by a truck

lhardwick69

Reaction score
went had headscan today doctor wants see if its a tumor now im really scared

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well I can understand the worry & fear BUT the 1st stage of any treatment is diagnosis.

I'm guessing they have also done a suite of blood tests to look for other possible causes? easier for me to say but try and see the scan as just another test to rule other things out.

How long do you have to wait before getting the feedback?

I had a bit of a scare a while back - chest pains and tingling in the left arm. After lots of speedy blood tests, scans and checks it was identified, not as the serious shit I thought it might be, but a combination of a pulled muscle and 2 trapped nerves.

Whatever is behind your health problems the sooner it can be identified the sooner it can be treated.

Last edited:

lhardwick69

Reaction score
I have a marble sized tumor --says it can be removed but will be tedious and surgery will take 4 maybe 5 hours if things go well--the surgery isnt until 2 weeks from now

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Whoow! I cannot begin to get close to knowing how it must feel to get that news.

You must be totally shell-shocked even though I think you had sort of guessed why they wanted to undertake the scan. It may sound like a banal platitude (because it is) but now they know the problem they can effect the cure. Additionally from how you describe it and the length of time you had the symptoms it would seem that they will be getting to it in the early stages which is another positive.

Try not to worry (yeah fat chance of that eh?)

Your on-line gay family is wishing you a speedy and full recovery :big hug::big hug:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
You won't be feeling it right now but you are lucky. Not every doctor would have got straight to the point immediately like yours did. These are difficult operations but that means you will be getting the best surgeons that the hospital has. Think less about how stressful the next two weeks are going to be and more about how good it's going to feel when you get the all clear and can get on with having fun again.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Everything what can be said are only words and on the end of the day you are totally alone again! But as Slimjim really has said - your whole GH-Family will be at you side and all of us will press our thumbs until you will tell us that everything is good again. I don't know if you will believe in God - I will pray for you (if you will believe or not!) All my and our LOVE to you!!!!

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
I have a marble sized tumor --says it can be removed but will be tedious and surgery will take 4 maybe 5 hours if things go well--the surgery isnt until 2 weeks from now

It is shocking news and, as others have said, it seems like it was detected early.

Just know that you have a lot of positive energy flowing your way, which can only improve the procedure and your recovery.
:hug:

lhardwick69

Reaction score
I think what made the doctor decide to do the scan was I told him I feel like somethings in my head pressing against my brain--he said that could be sinus pressure causing a sinus head ache--I told him ive had sinus headaches but this didn't feel like one--he left the room few minutes later gives me a paper says lets do a scan see what comes up--this falling asleep has been going on for about 3 yrs but its got bad last few months --so this is where I stand waiting for them to crack my skull and do in and get it