• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

A closer look at Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" video...

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm reposting this from my blog, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"; which I've decided to pick back up on... tell me what you think, guys! PLEASE COMMENT!!! :)

rdm8wkl2e6r66wkwgle.jpg

Unless you've been living under a rock or a cock (which is not a bad place to be); you know that the latest epic mini-movie from Mother Monster (aka Lady GaGa) was released today. "Alejandro", which Gaga has attuned as her "fear of love" monster caught a lot of people off-guard when it was released as the third single from her The Fame Monster EP. Personally, I've always loved the Ace of Base/ABBA sampled track; trickled with Gaga's fake accent. I heard rumors of the video possibly being considered the sequel to the amazing "Telephone" with R&B starlet, Beyonce, but Gaga herself dispelled the rumors.

"Alejandro" would stand on it's own as a completely different story.

However, that story has been a bit of a hit-and-miss with many fans. Many are dumbstruck with the tale; not necessarily understanding what she's trying to convey with these almost out-of-sync images. However, after snooping around a bit and gathering some bits and pieces, it's actually not that confusing at all. The story is quite linear and has an A-to-B point; with some phenomenal fashion in between.

Here's just one take on what "Alejandro" is bringing to the masses... from yours truly.

So, yes; "Alejandro" is a bit odd, it does drag on in certain spots (although I kind of love the breakdown/acapella sections) and it probably one of the more interesting videos of her career to date.

There seems to be a lot of questions regarding the 8-plus minutes of story-telling, the main one pretty much being a reiteration of "What is it all about"? There are many symbolic images all throughout the clip; many of them difficult to express.

If you've ever heard Gaga speak on love, it seems like she almost has an obsession with gay guys (why wouldn't she? We are kind of the sh*t.). The beginning of the video seems to tell the tale of a lonely woman who has somehow managed to kill her latest relationship and is in mourning (the funeral scene). She leads with the still heart of her ex-love (the "A" for Alejandro, obviously)... she knew it would never work out because it's not truly what she wants.

In a sense, she wants a deeper love; a stronger love. She wants... a gay man's love.

Think about it, guys: because of everything we go through in daily life; the attacks, the stares, the comments, the fighting... just to be able to stand at the same level of heterosexual love... we love a lot harder, stronger and different than most. Even with sex, we have taken something that is seen as disgusting and wrong as most would express it and make it something passionate, hot and at times (when it's true love); something beautiful. We are strong, bold, unforgettable... we stand tall and unified in our fight (the similar haircuts and outfits) and forge powerfully (the opening march).

Gaga sees this (literally; when she watches through her bejeweled binocular-glasses). She wants to be one of us; to be a part of this love... and yet, as strongly as some of us love her, we (and she) knows we'll never love her that way because she is a woman.

Call it a catch-22... or you know; the fact that she has girl parts.

In her eyes, she views us as the best of both worlds; the rippling contours of the most built of men, while embracing some of the softness of the female persuasion... but we're all man, baby (which explains the high heels and fishnets). In her unrelenting struggle to find the ultimate love; she has tried to become one of us (the bed scenes with the same short haircut)... she attempts to join us in one of the most intimate and yet, powerful moments of our lives:

Sex.

She is man-handled in the most sensual ways possible. But of course, she can never fit in with us in such a romantic/passionate light. She will never truly walk among us because she is not one of us. We push her away brutally when she tries, even if she can walk the walk and talk the talk (the synchronized dance scenes). She is still very much wanted by the so-called even manlier heterosexual persuasion (the men in army fatigues). The line, "Don't call my name" is very telling here: she is begging not to deal with these "macho" men because they will never appease her. Continuously denied (by the gays) and repulsed (by the straights), she decides to take the harshest route possible and restrain from any kind of love or sexual fulfillment; in a sense, becoming celibate... not just in sex, but in love (the nun outfit). There is no man out there; gay or straight, to truly fulfill her needs and for a moment, she finds a fake kind of peace in this (the fire burning on the screen behind her; proving her still burning pain in the unattainable)...

.... until she realizes that she is loved by us... as someone who leads the pack; someone who protects us from the harshness of life... someone who allows us to move forward. We are one and should be able to live as such and she will fight for that love and life by any means possible. She is our defender... and she will prove that love by any means necessary (Yes, the soon-to-be infamous gun bra).

And in turn, we love her as well. With this "epiphany", she finally finds the peace and openness she has been searching for all along (when she removes her nun's outfit and mass of guys around her). She is one of us, even if it's honorary. We have embraced Gaga as someone who truly stands beside us and believes in us. We are her monsters and she is our mother. We praise her words and strength.

As she lays in bed, with one of her "toy soldiers (monsters)" beside her; she is content in her new role of power. She is our Mother Superior (which explains the red outfit). She may never be a gay man, but in a sense; she will always be one.

And the video closes....

So, what are your thoughts on this? Did I hit it in a way that makes it a little more sensible with you? Are you excited for what she brings us next? I know I am.

Last edited:

jimnvabch

Reaction score
I'm not much for Lady Gaga, but I did enjoy watching this. Thanks for posting this.
Peace,
Jim

newage

Super Vip
Reaction score
what a nice spin on this. I remember reading a review in out, and it confused the hell out of me. i had only seen the 4 min clip on youtube a while back...so i was wondering what all the fuss was about. the out review claimed this was--according to gaga--supposed to be a gay anthem for the glbt community. ANd after seeing it at first i thought those guys must be gay! but after reading it sort of all makes more sense now. The meaning behind the video is flattering. Unfortunately the song itself doesn't sound too appealing...the words just weren't quite as moving. But at least i have a better understanding of it now.

L

LuiM

I love the song! The video is somehow not in harmony with music imho. I mean she's exaggerating extremely. I had to laugh!

This video was added to Youtube 2 days ago and already has more than 8 million wies. How the hell is this possible??

Last edited:

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I love the song! The video is somehow not in harmony with music imho. I mean she's exaggerating extremely. I had to laugh!

This video was added to Youtube 2 days ago and already has more than 8 million wies. How the hell is this possible??

I will agree completely on that. I love Gaga, don't get me wrong; but she does seemingly always go for the artistic side of releasing videos, even if they don't actually attribute properly to the song. But in a sense, it's something you get used to with her and in a way, respect it. She's not someone who's going to release a song, such as "Telephone" and just be seen sitting on a telephone talking to a lover about being in a club. :rofl: There's always a deeper story she has and I love that about her.

As for the high view count, it's not surprising at all. She always brings in a greater draw with whatever she does and fans nowadays are incredibly intense with their adoration!

sopranix said:
I don't see a need to leave my rock...

You've never seen ONE Gaga video?! :eek: Now, THAT'S a shocker, but she's not everyone's taste, so it is to be expected. LOOL

sissy143

Reaction score
i love Lady Gaga! apart from sexy men in the video, the video is dissapointing! she can do more than looking like Madonna!

sopranix

Reaction score
Jonny,
you really made me lough with your shocker comment :rofl:

I'm just not that much into main stream any more. But I remember that (yesterday) when I was young, I loved the "Domino Dancing" video by the Pet Shop Boys very much. Neil wasn't officially gay at that time, but boy - the two lads fighting at the beach are hot! Later there were discussions whether they fought for the girl or for each other... Just in case somebody missed it, here's the full 12'':

http://anonym.to/?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGf1bqtrrMo

Have fun
S.

L

LuiM

Oh I was the only one who you didn't thank. :( Was my comment so bad? ;) Although I have to admit that this song really is EPIC to me! I listen to it on and on especially when driving! She's in my blood :D And Sissy you're so right. She looks much like Madonna. Is she intentionally imitating her?

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
Aww, Luim; I assure you the non-thanks wasn't intentional... I thought agreeing with you kind of implied that, but I'm sorry if it was misconstrued in any way... so THANK YOU! :)

Sopranix: Shocker comment? What do you mean? Oh... the "rock or a cock" part? :)) Yeah, I just thought it was a nice little comedic point to start on; I'm glad it made you laugh! And I know who the Pet Shop Boys are, but their tunes are a bit before my time... thanks for sharing that link with us!

Triz

Reaction score
I think thats a great take on the meaning of her video, my roomie and I were watching it last night and were kinda like hmmm... thats different, but I can see a lot of the symbolizim now :p

W

whatthef__k

OK then... I have to admit I'm one of the 4 or 5 people on this planet who don't like Lady Gaga at all. Although I do respect her for being the artist she is and for her influence on today's pop music, I never understood this Gaga hype. (But I don't understand why the FIFA World Cup even fascinates people who usually don't like football at all, either... Anyway... ;))

But I think one passage is interesting (and Jonny, I know you will hate me for taking it out of it's context :-*):

[...] She wants... a gay man's love.

Think about it, guys: because of everything we go through in daily life; the attacks, the stares, the comments, the fighting... just to be able to stand at the same level of heterosexual love... we love a lot harder, stronger and different than most. [...]

Either I don't get it right (in this case, I'm sorry for making assumptions that differ from what you intended to say X_X) or I see it in a different way...
I assume the "we" refers to gay guys, right? If so, do we really love a lot harder, stronger and different than most (heterosexuals)?!
In my eyes, you're completely right by saying that same-sex love mostly has to struggle with much more complicated conditions than heterosexual love due to society's attitudes. However, I am truly convinced that true love; be it heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, transsexual, or whateversexual; is always of the same intensity. :heart:

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
OK then... I have to admit I'm one of the 4 or 5 people on this planet who don't like Lady Gaga at all. Although I do respect her for being the artist she is and for her influence on today's pop music, I never understood this Gaga hype. (But I don't understand why the FIFA World Cup even fascinates people who usually don't like football at all, either... Anyway... ;))

But I think one passage is interesting (and Jonny, I know you will hate me for taking it out of it's context :-*):

[...] She wants... a gay man's love.

Think about it, guys: because of everything we go through in daily life; the attacks, the stares, the comments, the fighting... just to be able to stand at the same level of heterosexual love... we love a lot harder, stronger and different than most. [...]

Either I don't get it right (in this case, I'm sorry for making assumptions that differ from what you intended to say X_X) or I see it in a different way...
I assume the "we" refers to gay guys, right? If so, do we really love a lot harder, stronger and different than most (heterosexuals)?!

In my eyes, you're completely right by saying that same-sex love mostly has to struggle with much more complicated conditions than heterosexual love due to society's attitudes. However, I am truly convinced that true love; be it heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, transsexual, or whateversexual; is always of the same intensity. :heart:

I think you took my words a tad bit out of context, but I can definitely see why you'd get confused a bit. Yes, by the "we"; I meant gay guys. And we don't really love "differently" per se; but we do seemingly have so much more to triumph through just to embrace the same love a heterosexual couple would have. It's so easy to have a man walk up to a woman, kiss her, put his arm around her, tell her that he loves her... it all looks and seems so simple. When it comes to two guys, we sometimes have to witness chuckles, stares, harsh words and sometimes, even worse than that. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world yet where we can just go out with a man that we love and be completely comfortable, because there is always that judging eye out there.

By saying we love differently, I meant more in the way we come to embrace that love openly and be ourselves no matter what anyone says. In a weird way, it is different because of those obstacles... we push forward just to stand on the same level as straight couples, so it is a lot more stronger than that, but in that same sense; it's all about equality as well. Straight and gay love can be just as intense; it's the battle to get there sometimes that makes it "different".

And as for the Gaga thing... at first, I didn't get her either (you would think by reading my summary for "Alejandro" that I've been a fan all along! :rofl:)... but as I paid attention more to her work, I started to discover everything she puts into her work and just how focused she can be not only to tell a story through her videos, but her songs. (If you need any proof on that, just listen to her songs, "Speechless" and "Dance In The Dark"... there are two very powerful tales behind those tracks.) Although she can be a bit out there with her outfits and videos, there's always a point when it comes to her. She knows what she wants to convey, she knows what she speaks of and she loves the hell out of her fans for getting her to where she is.

And in truth, we (myself included) love and respect her right back because of it.

And I don't get the World Cup sh*t, either... other than some of the cuties and that Shakira song. LOL

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
can someone explain to me why people find Lady Gaga so transformational? I like her music very much but as far as I can tell it is no different from any other music out there. her lyrics are not particularly insightful nor are her beats really that different. Her new video is pretty good but I did not like telephone.

I could sit here and attempt to bring you over to the ways of the Gaga (LOL), but five words say it best:

Different strokes for different folks. :)

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
@ WTF - Sweetie, it's OK... like I said, it was my fault for being a bit confusing about it myself (mind you; I wrote the majority of the original entry at about 4 in the morning! :p). But either way, you know I don't mind a bit of a good mental debate from someone as intelligent as you!

And come on, you know damn well that's all you cared about the World Cup as well! "Waka waka!" :))

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
LMAO I'm not too keen on the Shakira song, either! But it is catchy and oddly funny considering "Waka waka" reminds me of Fonzie the Bear from "Muppet Babies" and his laugh... and fine, you can have the cuties... if I get to have you! ;)

W

whatthef__k

I bet you're listening to that Shakira song half of the day. Intentionally. :p
Plus I bet Michael is too selfish to share... :D