• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Allow Wupload as a preferred or optional host.

AstroBoi2

Reaction score
I've already sent a PM to voyager about this but I would like to doubly reiterate that Wupload and Filesonic are practically the same in every single way except branding. Both sites are run by the same family business and have the same internal interface, download speeds, payment plans and pricing structure. I fail to see why one is allowed here in standalone posts but not the other. Obviously you keep a neat list of hosts so that the quality of the forum remains high, but there comes a limit where the list should be reviewed and updated to reflect the current market so as not to be entirely arbitrary. I was told September was review time but obviously nothing new came of it. Wupload has been around a while now. I have a lot to post with Wupload - and it is coveted content as you may tell by the amount of non-forced thanks I have already.

Thanks
Astrocityboi2

Last edited:

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
Personally I'm not fond of Filesonic (you stated than Wupload and Filesonic are much the same therefore if I don't like one I wouldn't like the other) ether nor am I fond of Oron but I won't get into that. I personally use Mediafire and like when I find other post with Mediafire links. I nether like nor dislike Wupload. I merely prefer a second option when facing it. Also Wupload isn't on the banned list you can still post those links you just have to post the file on a recommended or optional site in addition to Wupload as well.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
The only reason FileSonic is allowed as a standalone host is because they pay for advertising here, same as Oron...

If Wupload were to cough up some cash, I'm sure something could be arranged...

V

Voyager

Obviously you keep a neat list of hosts so that the quality of the forum remains high, but there comes a limit where the list should be reviewed and updated to reflect the current market so as not to be entirely arbitrary

The decision to use Wupload as a stand alone host was not an arbitrary decision. As you mentioned, Filesonic and wupload are owned by the same group as is Oron. Having 2 approved hosts from the same family is ample support for this family without becoming totally dependent on that group to support the forum.

The staff continues to receive complaints about the inability to download from these hosts as free users . . long wait times and often being told that a download is already in progress when there is no DL in progress. As staff members, our decisions about the forum have to be in the best interest of ALL members.

We also have to be sensitive to the needs of the staff who cannot download from some of these sites.

As I have advised you, the staff DID in fact review this issue at the September meeting and the use of wupload as a stand alone host was almost unanimously rejected because of the difficulties the staff has had with this host.

As mentioned above, you can continue using this as a mirror host with an approved host, or if as you say there is no difference between Filesonic and wupload and you only want to use one host, then use Filesonic.