• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

For Honor

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
FOR HONOR

FOR HONOR is a competitive third-person melee fighting game mixing speed, strategy, and team play with visceral close range combat in multiplayer action.

Experience the chaos, fury, and brutality of battle where you and your friends cut a bloody trail of carnage as brutal Vikings, deadly Knights, and cold-blooded Samurai.

The innovative ART OF BATTLE system lets you feel the power of every strike, the strength of every impact, and the weight of the weapon in your hand.

WHAT IS FOR HONOR?

The sound of shouting and clashing metal fills the air. Fallen enemies and allies alike litter the battlefield. Every encounter is a brutal, tactical fight to the death. Kill or be killed. For Honor puts a blade in your hand like no game ever has before and sets you loose in a medieval battle. This is a game for everyone who grew up dreaming of knights and epic melee battles. Step into the boots of some of history’s fiercest combatants – the loyal Knights (the Legions), the fierce Vikings (the Warborn) and the brutally efficient Samurai (the Chosen).

THE ART OF BATTLE

Using the new Art of Battle system, you will have full control over the placement of their weapons. You can attack and move around just like you normally would, and then you can also lock onto a single opponent and enter into a dueling mode. The second you lock onto a target, your right stick goes from controlling your camera to controlling your stance. If you flick to the right with your stick, you move to hold your sword or shield on the right side.

“Wherever you’re holding your weapon, that’s where you’re safe,” explains Creative Director Jason Vandenberghe. “You’re automatically blocking in that direction. So if I’m holding my sword to my left and you attack me on my left side, I’m going to block it. But if you attack me from the right or from above, I’m going to get hit. It takes time to change my stance, so I need to anticipate what you’re going to do.”

You’ll need to pay close attention to how your opponent is telegraphing their moves because if you leave yourself open to a heavy attack, you could find yourself out of the fight very quickly. You can perform a guard break to throw your enemy off-balance and give yourself time to quickly switch your stance to attack them where they’re vulnerable. Vandenberghe tells us to loosely think about this loop in terms of a fighting game. If you attack someone while they are defending, the attack won’t hit. Defense beats attack. Guard break beats defense. Attack beats guard break. You’ll need to be on the lookout for any move your opponent makes.

“We built the fighting system this way so that you’re really watching your opponent’s stance,” says Vandenberghe. “This is what you would be doing in a real fight. When you’re going up against someone with a weapon, you’re paying a lot of attention to where their weapon is. You care a lot because if you don’t… Well, the fight is over for you.”

DEFYING LABELS

But what is For Honor? It’s not just melee combat. It’s not just strategy. It’s not just any one thing. Rather, For Honor pulls inspiration from across the gaming board – fighting game combat systems mixed with some shooter reward loops and chaotic yet tactical battlefield scenarios.

“I haven’t actually been able to really put a name to For Honor’s genre,” Vandenberghe explains. “It’s close-quarters melee combat. ‘Shooter with swords’ is something we’ve been throwing around, and it’s pretty accurate. People have tried to call it a MOBA, but it’s not really a MOBA. It seems a little like one when you look at it, but it doesn’t play that way at all. I think what’s going to happen is we’re going to release the game and then our audience is going to name it. I think they will be the ones to really name that genre.”

This is why the game absolutely needed to be playable at E3 this year, says VandenBerghe. This is something totally new. The team can’t point to another game and say, “It’s a little like that.” People needed to be able to get their hands on For Honor to really understand what it’s all about.

“Medieval spec-ops” is another term VandenBerghe brings up, and this one sticks with us. It feels right. You are a unique warrior on a mission – wading through the battlefield with a clear objective in mind. You can slip into the fray and slaughter a few of the easy minions, but your true strength lies in your ability to go toe-to-toe with the other elite forces on the field.

“You’re the top one percent. The characters you play in For Honor are the difference makers. They’re the ones who get called in to finish the fight. The battle is about to be lost, but because these individuals showed up, the tide was turned. That’s how much these warriors matter. You are a true medieval badass, and you’re hunting other badasses on the battlefield to see just who the best fighter is.”

IT’S A SHOOTER… WITH SWORDS

But Vandenberghe keeps circling back to For Honor’s shooter inspirations, referring specifically to shooter loops. It all starts with match-making. You start a match, cycle through maps, meet your new team and destroy the battlefield together.

“For me this is just a great way to blow anywhere from 20 minutes to four hours or even twelve if I really feel like going for it,” he explains. “There are a bunch of reasons why this loop works for shooters and why it’s so enjoyable. Well, all those reasons can apply to melee combat too. But now it’s not going to be about line of sight. You’re not sprinting around trying to find cover. So it won’t be like a shooter in the micro experience, but the overall macro experience will be very familiar to fans of shooters. We even have things called Feats, which are sort of kill streak rewards. Once you gain enough points for yourself, you’ll be able to call in support attacks like catapults or arrow storms.”

On top of these support attacks, you might be able to get a burst of stamina or improve the attack ability of the minions around you. The Feats are designed to give you an extra edge on the battlefield, just like you might see in a shooter.

WHAT’S THE STORY HERE?

The team isn’t offering any details on the campaign experience just yet (save that there is one), but VandenBerghe did have this to say: “This campaign is really an invitation into our world. This is our special place. Knights and Vikings and Samurai all fighting on the same battlefield? I’m no history major, but I can tell you that never happened. But it does happen in the canon of For Honor and the campaign is your introduction to this world.”

“For Honor is really about what it means to be a Knight or a Samurai or a Viking,” Vandenberghe continues. “I think once players get their hands on it they will see that it’s about the warriors. They will pick up the controller and move their character around and it will instantly bring their warrior fantasies to life. This is our chance to bring the emotional experience of being on a medieval battlefield to the players. For Honor is a game for the warrior that lives inside of everybody. We want those warriors to come out and play.”

The Legions

"Fight on, brave knights! Man dies, but glory lives! Fight on; death is better than defeat!" —Sir Walter Scott

On the shoulders of great heroes, The Legions have driven out invaders, conquered any who would not join them, and established hundreds of others to defend what is theirs. Facing invasion on two fronts, these heroes fight to protect their lands from the heathens who would take it.

The Warborn

"I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content." —Robert E. Howard

Striking fear in the hearts of their enemies, The Warborn warriors sail across the Boiling Sea to raid the southern coast. Known for their fire and passion, these Heroes embody what it means to be warriors. Leading the charge, they will drive their enemies out of their ancestral lands.

The Chosen

"The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience." —Leo Tolstoy

The Chosen have survived a thousand years of wandering the southern deserts. This journey should have wiped them out centuries ago, but they have survived thanks to the skills and focus of their great heroes. These Heroes hope to lead their people to an impossible victory and establish a new homeland.

Source & Info >>> Ubisoft

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
More on the Dominion Mode in this Ubi Blog interview, featuring Game Designer Bio-Jade Adam Granger.

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
FOR HONOR : The Press First Impressions

FOR HONOR : The Press First Impressions

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
For Honor – Gamescom 2015 Fan Experience

For Honor – Gamescom 2015 Fan Experience

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Samurai Warrior Spotlight - The Oni

Discover the Oni, the first unveiled Hero in the Chosen faction (Samurai).

Swift and lethal, the Oni is a skilled duelist taking advantage of his quickness and mastery to slay his enemies. Clad in his leather and wood armor and wielding a razor-sharp Japanese katana, the Oni is a true incarnation of death on the battlefield, his sight bringing fear in the heart of his adversaries. His special abilities, such as poisoning his blade, throwing a kunai or unleashing an Arrow Storm make him an even more deadly and fearsome warrior.

This footage has been entirely captured from a pre-alpha version of the game.