• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Gay Icon : Lady Gaga - Born This Way

mathiasthom

Reaction score
Actually, I completely 100% agree with you on this.

She markets to the gay community for supposed 'edginess' and realness. Everything she is doing has been done before.

She's trying to be the next Madonna, since Britney fizzled on that account. Don't get me started on Britney, lol!

Seriously, anyone these days can be marketed as a singer with computer software, autotune, and some halloween costumes passing as clothing/club wear.

Whatever happened to artistic integrity in music?

Wes2475

Reaction score
I think to judge people on your merit doesn't qualify as the majority of the people. Tell me who has accomplish so much in 3yrs and has been the most watch on youtube,a billion so far....Gaga has done so much that other artist are too selfish to do. I do have doubt about Gaga, but when I've seen her concert. I was blown away how talent she is. She sing live and performance was amazing.

My thing about people is if you think she is talentless then tell me who do you think got talent and I will give you my opinion?

Yes she is refer to being like Madonna. Why does it have to be Madonna? She sound more like Tiffany looking like Jem and David Bowie. Madonna is always the Queen of pop, not Britney..Sorry for the Britney fans..

So far the new song "Edge of Glory" is amazing. My new hit from Born this way album. I do like "Born this way",Judas. Maybe Gaga album will finally knock Adele album off the chart..lol..I love Adele album too, now that girl can sing soul..

H

heaven2hell

Why did people always compare Gaga with Madonna? I don't think Madonna's all that though.. There is only one true pop queen which is Cyndi Lauper... Madonna can be compared to only one person, Mystique from X-Men.. LOL

Behrluvr

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
My thing about people is if you think she is talentless then tell me who do you think got talent and I will give you my opinion?

Why certainly, Youtube is full of amateur musicians who are lightyears beyond the talentless Lady Gaga. How about Susan Boyle for starters, you remember her from "Britain Has Talent"? her singing ability on a bad day with bronchitis puts Gaga in the doghouse. Not to mention her jaw dropping range, her emotive power,and her stage presence, all things Gaga lacks.

I think to judge people on your merit doesn't qualify as the majority of the people. Tell me who has accomplish so much in 3yrs and has been the most watch on youtube,a billion so far.

All that proves is she has been marketed well, she has a good promoter. Has no relation whatsoever to her ability to sing, dance, or create musical videos.

identity

Reaction score
I think Gaga has plenty of emotive power and stage presence, if there was one thing most people could agree on is that she take command of her stage.

When you see her in a different style away from all the pop, you can see she actually has talent:

H

heaven2hell

Click if you think Paula Abdul is the best Pop Singer in the world!!

Wes2475

Reaction score
Yes Susan Boyle. Susan Boyle Susan Boyle Susan Boyle! Ok I know she can sing. I give credit where it is given. Is that all you can give me and some amateur on youtube. People succeed for a reason. "Passion"

Sure marketing is part of music business. Even though Susan Boyle has best selling Cd. She is not what music industry see as what category to put her in.

Yes you may not like Gaga, because she is talentless. But for her to succeed in a short time span is amazing.

Maybe Justin Beiber, Britney Spear,Beyonce, these to me are talentless..

B

Butt Boi

I said before in a thread here when first hearing Born This Way, I was a tad disappointed because it wasn't "dance music" to me, but after listening to it so much I have changed my opinion on it. I LOVE it! Can't wait for the album to be release.

Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory and Hair are all amazing, and last night they released Marry the Night on FarmVille - love it too!! Can't wait for FV to release Fashion of His Love and Electric Chapel tonight and tomorrow!!!

Behrluvr

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Yes Susan Boyle. Susan Boyle Susan Boyle Susan Boyle! Ok I know she can sing. I give credit where it is given. Is that all you can give me and some amateur on youtube.

A voice like Boyles comes along once in a generation. She should be singing at Lincoln Center.

Looks like you don't spend much time perusing Youtube. That is where you find the best musicians today.

People succeed for a reason. "Passion"

People do succeed for a reason, they have a good promoter and monied backing, aka hype. Passion has nothing to do with it. And sadly talent has almost no bearing. The most talented usually flounder in obscurity, like Boyle.

Sure marketing is part of music business. Even though Susan Boyle has best selling Cd. She is not what music industry see as what category to put her in.

Marketing is the number one, most important part of the music industry. Musical ability takes a distinct backseat.

Yes you may not like Gaga, because she is talentless. But for her to succeed in a short time span is amazing.

Not surprising in the least, nor amazing at all, she is well backed by monied interests. She is a corporate product hyped and carefully marketed. Really no different than a breakfast cereal, or a brand of diet cola.

Behrluvr

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Yes Susan Boyle. Susan Boyle Susan Boyle Susan Boyle! Ok I know she can sing. I give credit where it is given. Is that all you can give me and some amateur on youtube.

Ok, you weren't happy with my pick of Susan Boyle as a singer with more ability and natural talent than Gaga...how about Lea Salonga and Claire Moore in this legendary duet?

B

Butt Boi

I am back again after listening to the full (special edition) album! Nothing like The Fame. I LOVED The Fame. I thought she was making a jump when The Fame Monster came out. I only cared for a few songs, but they all grew on me, and now I love them all... maybe Born This Way will do that soon enough...

From all the tracks included on the special edition, the ones that stand out to me are - Marry the Night, Born This Way, Government Hooker, Judas, Hair, Sheibe, Bad Kids, Fashion of His Love, Electric Chapel, You and I and The Edge of Glory. Still need to keep listening to the rest to see if they will grow on me. :\

I miss her old style though, but it seems like she's trying to jump over to the pop/rock genre instead of the popish sounds of The Fame.

The major thing that upsets me, is they are trying to push the censored music on us again. They did this with The Fame Monster in 2009, and lots of fans complained, and two months later they released the explicit version on iTunes and four months later they re-released the CD in Japan (and another country I believe) with explicit versions of the songs, yet the US never got a re-release of the CD... :(

Last edited:

spacepony

Reaction score
I am back again after listening to the full (special edition) album! Nothing like The Fame. I LOVED The Fame. I thought she was making a jump when The Fame Monster came out. I only cared for a few songs, but they all grew on me, and now I love them all... maybe Born This Way will do that soon enough...

From all the tracks included on the special edition, the ones that stand out to me are - Marry the Night, Born This Way, Government Hooker, Judas, Hair, Sheibe, Bad Kids, Fashion of His Love, Electric Chapel, You and I and The Edge of Glory. Still need to keep listening to the rest to see if they will grow on me. :\

I miss her old style though, but it seems like she's trying to jump over to the pop/rock genre instead of the popish sounds of The Fame.

The major thing that upsets me, is they are trying to push the censored music on us again. They did this with The Fame Monster in 2009, and lots of fans complained, and two months later they released the explicit version on iTunes and four months later they re-released the CD in Japan (and another country I believe) with explicit versions of the songs, yet the US never got a re-release of the CD... :(

My thoughts exactly!

maahem33

Reaction score
I feel like one of the few people who were NOT a fan when she had The Fame and now I am. Her music was fine but it was too poppy for me in the beginning. But I REALLY love her new album.
At first, it was so-so but it has grown on me so much. I think its incredible and I actually feel like this music is more her. Shes always talking about how much she loves Rock musicians and bands. I this this new sound.

B

Butt Boi

I feel like one of the few people who were NOT a fan when she had The Fame and now I am. Her music was fine but it was too poppy for me in the beginning. But I REALLY love her new album.
At first, it was so-so but it has grown on me so much. I think its incredible and I actually feel like this music is more her. Shes always talking about how much she loves Rock musicians and bands. I this this new sound.

I was the opposite. I loved The Fame, and didn't really like Born This Way, but over the past couple of weeks it has really grown on me. I like nearly every song except that Americano.

bulgarian

Reaction score
I can't say I'm a fan, she a bit to blatent about raking in the pink pound IMO

sjefke19

Reaction score
She does know her classics, and always pays respect to her inspirators!