• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Matt Bomer Has No Time For Gay Stereotypes In New Interview

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt Bomer Has No Time For Gay Stereotypes In New Interview
Huffington Post | By Curtis M. Wong | Posted July 20, 2015 10:15 AM

In a recent interview, "Magic Mike XXL" star Matt Bomer didn't hesitate to let a Hola Hollywood reporter know that her gay-specific question made him uncomfortable.

When Dulce Osuna asked if the gay community was harder to please than the general population in terms of movies, Bomer, 37, turned visibly agitated, and then responded, "Why would I ever try to boil down an entire community into a yes or no question? Would you feel comfortable IF I said, 'Are women harder or easier to please?"

He clarified that the message of the movie, which hit theaters July 1, was about breaking down stereotypes around sexuality and gender.

"One of the things, I think, you learn from this movie is that everyone is different," he said. "It's all about communication and a dialogue between individuals -- get rid of the labels, get rid of the shame, get rid of the stigmas and just be your most authentic self."

All-inclusive message or not, women comprised 96 percent of the opening weekend audience for "Magic Mike XXL," which The Hollywood Reporter called "unheard of."

SOURCE

Just another reason to adore Matt Bomer :heart:

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
Love him. He's so freakin' beautiful. Thanks for posting the interview.:heart:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Obviously this host didn't get the memo...
If you value your career, you don't piss off Matt Boomer.

Matt's husband, Simon Hall is one of the founders of Slate PR, the most powerful public relations firm in the Entertainment industry. His clients include, Jennifer Aniston, Neil Patrick Harris, Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Kirsten Dunst, Anne Hathaway, Johnny Depp, Channing Tatum, Ryan Murphy, Ridley Scott, Jude Law, Matthew Broderick, Annette Bening, Frances McDormand, Sam Mendes, Nathan Lane, Ang Lee, Brett Ratner, Gore Verbinski and Tom Ford.
If there is such a thing as a "Gay Mafia" in Hollywood, Simon is the "Boss of Bosses"While it was well known to almost everyone, before Matt publicly came out himself, to even mention he was gay was career suicide.

Tippah

Reaction score
He surely put her in her place. Amazes me how ignorant journalists can be! I wish the movie didn't flop.

Lucas88

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
What was so wrong with her question? This is for entertainment. She's not looking to win the pulitzer prize. It's a valid question for the target audience. People are just being overly sensitive and the whole 'imma give you my politically correct answer' attitude comes off as pretentious and is not endearing.

R

regnomraw

Love Matt Bomer! He is gorgeous, an incredible actor and extremely intelligent!

bigsal

Super Vip
Reaction score
A my small contribution.

matt_bomer_2012_ew_1.jpg

Hyp

Director of Mergers & Acquisitions
Reaction score
What was so wrong with her question? This is for entertainment. She's not looking to win the pulitzer prize. It's a valid question for the target audience. People are just being overly sensitive and the whole 'imma give you my politically correct answer' attitude comes off as pretentious and is not endearing.

I think part of his reaction was based on her earlier questions about his private life and if he used his dance moves with his husband. She was getting rather personal and ignoring his deflections of the questions.

These stars have to do hundreds of these interviews to promote their movies, and it must be rough to grind out interview after interview and still remain fresh and upbeat. (Watch Notting Hill as a reference for what the press junkets are like.)

tubbs

Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with her question.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think it was a stupid question. Does she get a pass because most entertainment reporters ask stupid questions?

Also, keep in mind the context. Matt is sitting there for several hours as probably 15 - 20 reporters each take their turn getting their "exclusive" interview. He has probably been fielding dumb and repetitive questions for a couple of hours. I don't blame him for trying to bring things back to the real world.

BTW, my favorite quote from the MMXXL press tour was actually in response to an extremely idiotic question directed to Channing Tatum. "Have you ever gotten lost in Matt Bomer's eyes?"

Channing answered "No matter if you're a man, woman, cat, hamster, you will get lost in Matt Bomer's eyes. I don't know what they are made of outside of dreams and rainbows and amazingness but it truly doesn't matter. And when he sings. It's like God gave with both hands and then grew a third hand and graced him with more. He's crazy talented.”

magic-mike-matt-bomer.jpg