• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Motor Tests

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
In 1988, it is the revolution of the small Diesel engine. Simple and light, the Citroën AX Diesel is a champion of the economy, a kind of new 2 CV with the performances in more.

1988 : Peugeot-Citroën range in front of Renault range. 2 CV and R4 are yet at the catalog.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
"The motor, do you want it in front, in the middle or at the back?" asked me the Simca-Chrysler dealer ship in 1974.

Simca 1100 TI : Transversal in front

Matra Simca Bagheera : Tranversal central

Simca 1000 Rallye 2 (left) and CG 1300 (right) : Longitudinal at the back of the rear wheels

Simca 1100 TI

Matra Simca Bagheera

Simca 1000 Rallye 2

The last CG 1300 made in 1974.
After 7 years of production and around 500 units only, Chappe and Gessalin stopped the assembly at Brie-Comte-Robert near Paris.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

In late 80's Henri Pescarolo, old French pilot, winner of the "24 Heures du Mans" on Matra 670, tested cars for the magazine "L'Action Automobile et Touristique".

"The show off" is the title of his article about the Countach in the news that make angry his friend Sandro Munari, old pilot him too, director of the Public Relation at Lamborghini. (AAT - July/August 1988)
"I am not at all happy, it is not a race car. You are driving too fast on the circuit!" said Sandro to Henri.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Alain Bertaut, pilot and journalist-tester for the magazine "L'Action Automobile et Touristique"

Alain Bertaut (left beside Paul Panhard) and Andre Guilhaudin, pilots of the Panhard CD winner in the Mans 24 Hours 1962 (performance index class 751-850 cm3, 143 km/h).

Alfa-Romeo Giulia 1600 Super, Citroën Ami 6, it's OK

Simca 1000 ...

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Did they ever have big cars in Europe?
In Europe, for the beginning, there is a big diversity of models, small, average, big...
With the technical diversity, it is the most interesting in classic cars, I think.
In France, cars were classified essentially by the tax power that is different from the real power.
Until 1978 this power (CV) is calculated by the tax authorities according to the cubic capacity of the motor.

Match of the 9 CV, what do it mean ?

In France, list valid until 1978, after the demultiplicate of the last speed (3th, 4th or 5th) is integrated to the calculation to favor low consumption on highway.

Simca 1307/1308 are the last French models to get their tax power in their name. After the reform the 1308 become a 7 CV and the 1309 a 8 CV! We could find also some 1600 cm3 classified 7 CV with a long 5 th speed.

Following year Simca-Chrysler become Talbot !

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Lower taxes for Diesel cars

1976 : Lower consumption, lower tax power (9 CV instead of 12 CV), lower price of the gas-oil, the Citroën CX diesel is more economical for the drivers who travel a lot. Later, the turbo-diesel model will be classified 7 CV. With the development of the diesel and turbo-diesel engines, the tax power do no more indicate the size of the car. At this time the diesel car was favored by the French tax authorities. Today it is the electric car ...