• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Status icons and avatars

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
First, let me say I like the status icons (most of them), and I like the fact that I can supply my own avatar.

My issue with them is that the former seems to overwhelm the latter. This is because the status icon appears first, directly under the person's screen name. The fact that the avatars appear to be scaled to a certain maximum height, meaning that the width is often significantly less than the width of the status icon, also does not help matters. I have formed the habit on various fora that I visit of mentally associating the person with the image I see under the name (this seems the whole point of an avatar), and I find it distracting when I see a number of posts by different people, all with the same picture under the name because they have the same forum status.

Maybe the status icon could be made smaller? Or shifted to underneath the avatar? Just a thought. I could actually do without the status icons, though I must admit a couple of them are rather cute... the thing is, they are just nice pictures, they do not appear to have any particular relevance to forum status. Some fora simply have a set of stars, varying in number and colour to indicate status.

By the way I am also puzzled as to why I am currently a "Supporter". What does this mean? I have not contributed any money towards the running of the forum.

Last edited:

jeansGuyOZ

Reaction score
I didn't realise this question had been asked before. I'm glad I am not the only person to find this a problem.

I'll give this Adblock thingy a go when I have the time to install it. I still think a better solution would be to just make the status icons a bit smaller.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
More praise for the greater avatar visibility - it adds to the feeling of having conversations with specific people. And it's easier to recognize the same people from forum to forum. Thanks! :thumbs up:

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I didn't mind the anime theme myself because the images were decent to look at. My only gripe with them was that they were too large.

grrrpuppy

Reaction score
I wonder if a moderator or vip can give us a little chart of the progression of stars and status.

1-50 posts=1 Star, Amateur (?)
50-100 posts=2 Stars, Supporter (?)
etc....

That would be awesome!

Oh... and who's dick do I have to suck to become a VIP member? :butslap:

jeansGuyOZ

Reaction score
I like the change. The gay anime has its own thread, and some of those are quite nice, but the avatar is the expression of the person posting - and there is nothing to stop someone using one of those art images as their own avatar if they wish.

RectalTemp

Reaction score
This is much better, IMHO. The anime status avatars were off-putting. The new status icons actually make me want to post more often. Now, if we just had a dark style to choose, along with the Heaven theme.

Last edited:
N

NightLitch

Hi Guys. Glad you like the new status icons. Unfortunately, we have to stick to this themes (Skin) color. There will only be some smaller graphic change. The status icons was make in dark color for break the lighblue field in the postbit..