• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

The Evil That Is Prison

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
We're on the same channel;
"I think it has to depend from the crime how hard or less hard you have to be punished."
But not quite the same frequency.
I am trying to say that people in these minority groups go to prison when they would not have, had they broken the same law as a 'nice' person.
The rich person can hire a good lawyer who is expert at twisting the truth far enough to save the client from custody, look to the Philadelphia queerbashing case. The mentaly ill, drug addict, homeless, don't have that sort of money, all they can hope for at best, is the overworked underpaid low status public defence worker who can't spend the time needed to get justice.

London, last year, police arrest a homeless man for using the shower in a public sports club. The judge was incensed.
"The accused has no money, how could I fine him? He has no fixed abode so there are no community penalties that could be enforced. All I could do is put him in prison for a week. You want me to spend £450 for a week in prison plus nearly a thousand pounds in extra costs because he used ten pence worth of water taking a shower. Take him back where he cama from and don't waste my time like this again."
Not all judges are so sensible, some would have cooperated with the police and sent the poor man to the clink for nothing.
At the same time I see Lloyds Bank and Barclays Bank found guilty of a medley of assorted billion pound frauds. The directors who allowed those frauds to happen don't even get their botties slapped for naughtiness. The huge fines the banks were charged will be ultimately paid by the public. Massive crime, no punishment. Those are the opposite ends of the scale.
Equal punishment for equal crime, agreed. No it's not happening.
Where this is going is to say, stop putting people in prison who dont need to be there and the problem of overcrowding is over. Then the standard of education and rehabilitation can function as it was designed to do, to stop the revolving door effect.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Now I must explain the revolving door effect.
It's hard enough finding a job and a room to rent for anybody.
If you've just come out of prison it's many times harder. Some landlords won't consider renting a room to a criminal, even if the crime was smoking a joint or taking a shower in the wong place. If you can't get housing you wont get a job, even supposing there were any jobs. Now try getting car insurance, your premium has now increased, not because you are any less careful a driver but simply because you are an ex prisoner. It's probably increased so much that cannot pay it. Without a car to get to work it's harder than ever to get a job.
Now the only people who will give you a job are the criminals you met on the inside. It won't be long before you're back in prison again, but at least this time it will be for a crime that actualy deserves prison.
That's the revolving door, go out one side, come back in the other side.