• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What is your favorite meal and how do you do it?

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
What is your favourite meal? And how do you do it?

I was married for about 20 years. After my divorce I kept the kids (3). So I became a houseman (beside my normal job to run a small business). So I had to cook. Pretty disastrous in the beginning, but practice makes perfect. Now I love to cook. I always cook fresh meals. Instant is banned from my kitchen. I will give you a recipe of a meal I cherish. May be you can give me one of yours; I will certainly try to make it.

Nasi Goreng.
In Indonesia the people make this mainly from leftovers of what they made during the week.
Ingredients:
- Rice,
Long grain rice. Simple, not that sophisticated stuff made out of cardboard and so called easy to cook. That stuff is expensive and doesn’t taste good. The rice from Suriname is cheep and very tasty.
- Vegetables for soup (fresh) 2 portions.
- Unions. Two large ones, cut into rather thick parts
- Bacon, cut into dice (little cubes)
- Shoarma meat, or Pork sliced into thin strips
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3 eggs
- Ginger syrup
- Pepper and Salt
- Peanut oil, or when you don’t have that, olive oil, but even salad oil will do the job.
- honey

Preparation:
You start to make the “boemboe”. This is the most important part. It gives your meal an incomparable flavour. Take a “wok”, that is a typical Asian casserole, but a normal big pan is also good. Heat it on the fire. Add oil. Add the bacon. Bake it crispy. Add spices. They should taste very spicy. Add the unions. Lower the fire. Add curry. The onions taste better and look better. Add one portion of the vegetables for soup. Keep mixing the stuff. Add the 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Add so much water that the mix is mainly under water. Add a lid and cook the whole stuff until it nearly falls to peaces. Remove the lid. Keep the pan on low fire. Nearly all the water should evaporate. Pour the remaining water.
That is phase one.
Cook the rice. They do always very difficult about cooking rice. But it is really very simple. Use a large amount of water. Let it boil first. Add spices (1 beef bouillon cube and the dark green leafs of leek are also very good). Let it boil for about ten minutes. Add the rice. Stir to the water boils again. Then lower the fire. Only small bubbles should appear on the surface of the water. Boil it that way for about 12 to 15 minutes. I never time it. The cooking of rice is to let it weld. When that process is ready you see that the corns travel with the bubbling water. Then the rice is ready. Extinguish the fire. Let it rest for another five minutes or so. Remove the water and let cool of the rice. The result is always perfect.
Bake on a very hot fire preferably with peanut oil the second portion of soup vegetables. Keep continuously stirring. Add after about three minutes a spoon full of ginger syrup. Be careful, the sugar in the syrup will caramelise. When that starts to happen, stop baking. Let it cool down.
Bake the shoarma meat crispy and spicy. When you use pork slices add a lot of pepper. (At the end you can add a bit honey. It is very tasty, colorizes the meat beautiful dark brown, but is a bit tricky. You should exercise first). Let it cool down.
Bake an omelette. It does not need to be spicy. It forms a taste contrast to the spicy food.
Cut it into slices.
Now you can mix all the ingredients and warm it whenever you want.
My friends love it.
Bon appétit.

Tjerk.

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
One of my favorite dishes are pasta dishes. and one of the easiest I know if pasta and tomato sauce. Here is my recipe The whole process should take 20-30 mins.

Ingredients

1 Pound Pasta (linguine or any really)

1 1/2 Table Spoons Salt

1 28 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes (It needs to be diced)

Italian Dried Herbs (Optional)

2-4 Table Spoons Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions

Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium medium high heat. Drain and add tomatoes to the pan they should sizzle. Add salt and pepper and herbs. You want to saute not simmer the tomatoes. There shouldn't be a lot of liquid in the pan. When water comes to a boil add 1 1/2 table Spoons of salt then add pasta (Do not add oil). Stir well and cook following the directions on the box. While the pasta is cooking stir the tomatoes as they cook you will notice that they will stick when you're not stirring them but when you give it a stir it will release easily from the bottom of the pan. When you notice that they no longer release and are sticking constantly 12-18 minutes roughly turn off the heat. Drain the pasta do not rinse! Put the tomatoes (They should be very thick and pasty) in a food processor, blender, or food mill. Pulse until smooth or until desired consistency is reached. It might look grainy but its not. It should still be very thick. Add a little water if its not blending but not much. If it pours out of the blender then its a too thin. No need to throw it out just a reminder for next time. Add the pasta to the pot and add the sauce and combine. Enjoy.

If you have any questions reply or Pm me.

H

Haplo

My favorite meal is probably one of the easiest I know. On a trip to Rome two years ago, I met this guy who invited me for dinner and cooked me his recipe of Carbonara. This is how he told me he prepares them, and it's how I've been preparing them ever since.

Carbonara

-500g of dry fettuccini or linguini, al dente
-4 thick slices of pancetta (Italian bacon) cut in squares (more or less, not too big, not too small)
-Olive oil virgin extra
-1/2 cup of water
-Reggiano parmesan
-5 eggs

Mix the eggs and enough freshly grated parmesan so it becomes a paste. While the pastas are cooking, put a little bit of oil in a small pan, heat it (high) and add the pancetta. To keep the pancetta from dehydrating, add a little bit of water, repeat if necessary. The pancetta must cook 10 minutes and most of the water must be gone by then. When the pastas are ready, drain the water from the pastas (do not rince! That's a sacrilege! If you're scared your pastas might stick together, add a little bit of olive oil and stirr), mix all the ingredients toroughly in the same pan you used for the pastas, on the stove, with the heat at high until the eggs are cooked (they must make small chunks of cheesy eggs, and yes, it will stick to the pan, it's perfectly normal). Empty the pan in a service bowl, serve and eat immediately with fleur de sel and parmesan shavings (for four people, or two pigs).

Serve with a good Chianti.

Bon apétit! :thumbs up:

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English. It's the first time I try and translate one of my recipes. :worried:

Ok, I know I've got no place in this topic because I'm no cook, but on this one I have to intervene.
I'm italian, I've eaten a carbonara various times, and some of these times were in Rome, the birthplace of this plate, so I know what I'm talking about.
I've got nothing against this guy's recipe, I just want to be accurate for our cooks here on the forum.
Because we're lacking something in this recipe. Ground pepper. I'll seem too fussy, but you can feel the difference. You just add it (as much as you like) at the highlighted point, the rest of the recipe is correct...
No offense meant, I'm just too picky... :blushing:

H

Haplo

There are as many recipes of Carbonara as there are people in Rome. If you want to add ground pepper, you may add it, though I've mainly seen ground pepper used when using guanciale instead of pancetta. I've personally tasted ground pepper with this recipe and it was downright ruining the plate.

As I said, I was just being meticolous, I tasted both versions and think the one with pepper is better, I was simply presenting all the options, if I sounded too critic then I'm sorry... :)

X

XMan101

I doubt anyone thought you critical having a different opinion. All cooks do things in different ways, like all people enjoy things cooked in different ways ;)

I used to love cooking for others, not so interested in just for myself so tend to stick with just the same dishes I like, but was fun to experiment and try new dishes. I can appreciate why chefs are so volotile though :)) I'd chase people out of the kitchen :p

H

Haplo

I doubt anyone thought you critical having a different opinion. All cooks do things in different ways, like all people enjoy things cooked in different ways ;)

I prefer preventing better than having to solve an eventual problem later, and since half of the time I realize too late that I should have said something in a different way...:):duh:

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
how long (wow this sounds chinese)

How long should it take to prepare the entire meal?

It takes rather long time to make the "boemboe". In Indonesia (I've been told) they let It cook for hours and hours. I do it in 1 hour, probably less tasty than over there, but still very good.
The rest of the meal is rather quick (15-20 minutes). It is cheap (for 8-10 persons about 12 euros), low fat and combines perfect with beer!
In The Netherlands you can buy instant "boemboe". Much easier to prepare, but I prefer to make it myself.

JeroenS

Reaction score
Hi Tjerk :) and other (hobby-) cooks :)

Tjerk, in your recepy for nasi I do miss some items, but I guess so many cooks so many sorts of nasi :)

Maybe you do not like it PEDIS but at least 1 RED PEPPER should be used (without the seeds) and some rasped LAOS root, and it should have rasped GINGER root (so no syrup!), also add some FISH-SAUCE (fish-oil) and BLACK SOI OIL :)

It is true nasi is made from leftovers but making a good nasi takes at least 12 hours, usually I start making (preparing) it on day one and on day 2 it is ready for eating!

We eat nasi as side dish so it is not a complete meal, you have to make some vegetable or meat dishes to go with it.

Anyway tonight I will make:

Stirr fries green asparagus with beef:

500 grams green asparagus cut in 3 cm pieces
300 grams beaf cut in small pieces
2 table spoons fish sauce
2 table spoons oyster sauce
2 table spoons oil
1 tea spoon rice-vinager
1 red onion cut into small pieces
half a bulb of garlic (pressed)
2 cm ginger root (rasped)

Ok here we go:

Get your WOK (or frying pan if you not have a wok) and put some of the oil inside, fry the meat till it gets dark (not well done) and take it out and let it rest.

Put the rest of the oil in the wok (DO NOT CLEAN THE WOK FIRST), mix it with the fish sauce and oyster sauce, when it is hot fry the ginger, garlic, onion and green asparagus untill it is almost done, then put the meat back in and stirr fry untill it is ready, at the table put some drops of rice-vinager over the dish and YUMMI! (ready means well cooked but still crispy!) tastes good with nasi :)

PS as sort of rice I might suggest BASMATI :)

Last edited:

Tjerk12

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hi Jeroen,
can't miss, you are Dutch. Your suggestions are fine. I use a lot of more spices then I mentioned (sambal oelek, ketjap manis, indeed oyster sauce, hoy sin sauce, vetsin, turkish paprika powder, spicy and sweet and a lot more) but I wanted to keep things simple. I normally don't cook by recipe, mainly because you always need a spoon full of this and that, things you normally don't have standard in your kitchen. I agree, Basmati is very tasty! I did not know the trick with the asparagus. I will certainly try that, thanks.

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

It's not sambal oelek, it's samba olé ;P

That's what we called it at work ^^

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
I'm going to make pizza again today. I hope it turns out well.

JeroenS

Reaction score
Sambal Oelek is ok for some chicken dishes but personaly I prefer sambal BRANDAN, I like pedis too much. Sambal Oelek is tasty but not that spicy (you can lick the spoon afterwards) but with Brandan? Wow! Fire in your troath! I just love it :)

Tjerk, do not use powder herbs if you can get fresh ones I am sure you have a warung where you live?

And yes I have Dutch passport but I am BLUE (Tjerk will 100% know what I mean :) )

(Linked the You Tube vids for you ;) XMan101)

These videos are mixed in Dutch and Indonesian language, just enjoy them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JeroenS

Reaction score
Thanks for linking the vids Xman101, but how can I do that myself?