• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

whats for dinner?

trencherman

Reaction score
Not the best looking plate of food but one of the best tasting one you would come across off the street food stalls of Singapore or Malaysia. Here in Western Ontario, I replace the required flat rice noodles and wheat noodles with shirataki zero calorie fettuccine and tofu noodles to make it a low carb dinner.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
There are still some areas up north that are not familiar with grits....It makes me wonder if perhaps some other countries are not familiar with them .......:thinking:

Today I learnt (thanks W!nston!) that GRITS are a traditional American dish made from ground dried hominy which is simmered until it becomes soft and creamy. Then I read on the net that grits are a popular breakfast staple in the American South, where they're served instead of potatoes. But they can be eaten at any meal, with shrimp and grits being a particularly popular recipe...

Slovenian cuisine knows something very very similar what we call POLENTA. It is a traditional Slovenian dish, which was often used as a replacement for bread. Polenta is made from boiled cornmeal. Our region Styria is known for the special way how we cook polenta: first, we dry fry the flour and then we water it with salted water and at the end we add fat.

f008333jan.jpg

Grits and polenta are not the same things. And it's not because polenta is yellow and grits are (usually) white. Grits are made from hominy, which is nixtamalized corn. It has a different flavor from polenta, a different nutritional profile, and also different properties as far as being able to make it into a dough.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
trencherman, that looks really good. I have been thinking of trying some of the shirataki noodles but I have heard they are really hard to chew and are more like plastic. Please let me know if any of them are soft like pasta.

trencherman

Reaction score
If anything, it’s not as bouncy as normal pasta. I gave up on finding an al dente version. I use it all the time now, great in Taiwanese beef noodles, and in combination with tofu noodles as above. I think the low carb aspect of it more than makes up for its textural deficiency.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Bacon Cheeseburgers with fries and a salad

:thumbs up:
257352940254449d91e64a01574994695a174d29.jpg

2573529062ee468a52f1a45e9fcda22675d89d2b.jpg

257352916fc575de93060a3316bc1714179f1e45.jpg

257352926f159711b7072057615f869e20fc35df.jpg

2573529317d7dad76dd6f3e291da71b3fb1a9257.jpg

I had cheddar cheese and he had blue cheese :thumbs up:

Last edited:

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
MMMM nice to see here all the foreign meals, ways of cooking, ingredients and likings...:)

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
257367505aa2abf5d9cf735fdd95c19dde229cb5.jpg

257367497b5d70eb74907385400a6df62c5bb5a3.jpg

We always have some sort of fish on Fridays. Old traditions die hard at our house.

So we had fish sticks (left from last week when my nephews were visiting), macaroni & tomatoes, stewed cabbage and buttermilk cornbread.

pointguy36

Reaction score
"We always have some sort of fish on Fridays. Old traditions die hard at our house. "

This is so funny....reminds me of my childhood days with my parents. We always did fish/seafood on Fridays too, growing up in a "good" Catholic home, whether or not it was Lent. Even today, while I do not practice any more, I still had poached haddock for dinner tonight! =)

trencherman

Reaction score
Assigning a food item for a particular day probably simplified meal planning for our mothers or whoever was in charge of cooking. It’s still fish Friday for me too although I cook for myself now. And it’s always fish en escabeche, that is, fried and marinated in vinegar with onions, sliced ginger and slices of lemon or orange to neutralize any hint of fishiness.

Mr. Humphreys had quenelle one Friday once and all the others thought out in unison oh that’s a fancy French fish dish isn’t it, he replies, not really, I just slipped on my way out of the fish monger’s.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

I was tired and didn't feel like cooking and my boyfriend made the mistake of leaving a box of these near the computer ;) I'm ashamed but I ate the whole box :blushing:

trencherman

Reaction score

I was tired and didn't feel like cooking and my boyfriend made the mistake of leaving a box of these near the computer ;) I'm ashamed but I ate the whole box :blushing:

I did that when in uni sharing an apartment with my older brother who was much more focused and more restrained than I was. The only obstacle that separated a box of chocolates, half a dozen doughnuts or a bunch of bananas from being eaten in one sitting and me was his presence.

trencherman

Reaction score
Barbecued slices of fresh bacon in the oven and chopped it up as filling for steamed buns. These are eaten as snack but I ate four of them for dinner.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Can't decide what to make for dinner...

So, I bought this book, which is turning an everyday problem into a solution :p

51qtouisgi.jpg

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
So, I bought this book, which is turning an everyday problem into a solution :p

51qtouisgi.jpg

Soooo...is the solution to fuck for dinner? And does that mean that you fuck your dinner guest(s), or that you fuck the plate...:D:rofl:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
We always have some sort of fish on Fridays. Old traditions die hard at our house. So we had fish sticks (left from last week when my nephews were visiting), macaroni & tomatoes, stewed cabbage and buttermilk cornbread.

No Yankee food anywhere in that photo. Except maybe the Diet Coke. Nope - Coke is still Atlanta, isn't it?

larryisreal

I believe!
Staff member
Reaction score
baked chicken breasts, fried potatoes and peas&carrots.

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
"Lachs-Gemüse-Topf mit Gin-Sahne"
Salmon-vegetable-stew with Gin-cream

Delicious.....

Last edited: