• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Why l'Auto-Journal ? L'Auto-Journal from 1950 to 1969 had the appearance of a true news paper. It was a very big format, impossible to read in bus or in subway. A lot of copies were used at home for lighting fires. Published every 2 weeks (bi-weekly)
Below the complete file of Alfa-Romeo Giulia Super

golfdelta21

Reaction score
1956 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe de Ville Hardtop

9eVfwm1.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Battle of two modern (at this time) 6 CV, Peugeot 204 (1965) VS Fiat 128 (1969).
It was their first front wheels drive, more of 30 years after Citroën!

Both cars had a cross front engine but Peugeot 204 had the gearbox under
the motor then Fiat 128 had it at the end. First disposition was invented by Sir Alec Issigonis and inaugurated on the Morris Mini in 1959. Second was the design of Dante Giacosa who assembled this way the Autobianchi Primula in 1964.

Below first front wheels drive with cross engine of the main constructors

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Maybe you find the cars I post a bit cheap, then here is the Lunar Rover Vehicle used by NASA for the 3 last Apollo missions XV, XVI, XVII. It was the most expensive car in the world in 1971 : 38 millions $ for making 4 vehicles! Boeing was the constructor and I ear that one lunar jeep was left there by NASA. If you are interested ... ;)

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Maybe you find the cars I post a bit cheap, then here is the Lunar Rover Vehicle used by NASA for the 3 last Apollo missions XV, XVI, XVII. It was the most expensive car in the world in 1971 : 38 millions $ for making 4 vehicles! Boeing was the constructor and I ear that one lunar jeep was left there by NASA. If you are interested ... ;)

Yeah, Boeing (and Lockheed Martin) have been ass fucking the US government for over 50 years now...

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Paris Motorshow 1962 : the young family father dreams in front of the new Alpine A110 then, for ending, buys the Peugeot 403-7 because of the children and the apartment to pay. Classic !

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

September 1967 : Simca presents to medias 2 new models, 1100 and coach 1200S. We are in the beautiful set of Costa Smeralda (Sardaigne)

Simca again at Turin motorshow (november 1967)

golfdelta21

Reaction score
The car Simca 1300/1500, protagonist of a TV commercial

RroDtzl.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Matra 530, first models 1967-68
This model was presented at Geneve Motorshow in March 1967

On this drawing you can notice how it is difficult to create a coach 2+2 with central engine (in front of the rear axle). No room for rear seat, no room for mechanical, happily Ford V4 motor 1.7 litre is very short because the V is open at 90°.

Matra 530 was a coach 2+2 places convertible. The rigid roof in 2 parts could be put away under the front bonnet.

Matra 530 painted with the colours of a famous french radio

Matra 530 painted by the artist Sonia Delaunay

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

A copy of the image posted #867, Paris Motorshow 1962.
Peugeot 403 was not the only family car on the market. There were also 2 economic old models sold around 8000-8500 F that offered a spacious body for a large family.

Peugeot 403 was however a good choice for a young large family father. A best seller made until 1966.

Simca Ariane Miramas had the motor Rush of Aronde Montlhéry, 14 ch more powerful than the old model ! 1963 will be the last year of production of Aronde and Ariane.

Panhard had no project for replacing PL17 that arrive at the end of it existence. (assembled until 1965)

The best solution was to wait spring 1963 and to order the new Simca 1300 !

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

In Europe too, it was a marketing war between Ford and General Motors, by interposed subsidiaries : Ford UK and Ford Germany VS Opel.
Opel cannot assist to the Ford Capri marketing success without answering. Takings are the same, a seducing coach on a conventional mechanical. On both sides, constructors expected a lot of versions with several motors and finitions. Prices were especially attractives.

Sometimes advertising can learn us something !

Ascona was the saloon version of the coach Manta

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Renault 4 - 5 - 6 - 16 : 4 models and only one technology

In 1961 the Renault 4 aka 4L inaugurated a serie of successful models.

1965 : Renault 16

1969 : Renault 6

1972 : Renault 5
Main difference with the precedent cars, Renault 5 had it platform welded to the body for a better resistance to shocks

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
If you like cars from this era, you will be interested in this movie.

Many beautiful vehicles were harmed in the making of this motion picture. The star of the show is a heavily customised Renault 4. As a Frenchman, Jeanlouis, I expect you will be familiar with the work of Tati, but for everyone else, the film is an welcome antidote to noisy rubbish like Fast And Furious.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Recently I ear that automobile was the last serie product understandable by everybody. I presume it is because of this I like old cars.

Le Zèbre (1910-1914 then 1918-1922)

This small car designed by the engineers Jules Salomon and Lamy is at the origin of the first Citroën (type A 1919) realized also by Jules Salomon.

Last edited: