• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Pontiac’s Plexiglass (Ghost Car) on display at the 1939 New York World’s Fair

Simca also exhibited his model Aronde with some body elements in plexiglas for showing the interior. It was for Paris motorshow in october 1952.

Last edited:

golfdelta21

Reaction score
CITROËN DS 19 CABRIOLET by Henri Chapron - 1962

tpRU45M.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful DS cabriolet "usine", Golfdelta. :thumbs up:
Made by Chapron but designed by Flaminio Bertoni, the Citroën stylist, I have just some comment to do about its authenticity, I cannot resist :)

It is a model 63 or 64, the model 62 is easy to identify with the new dashboard but the old front face and the grille on front fenders. Notice the different front indicators on the french model (photo on the right)

Allways indicators, on the summit of the rear fenders this time, deleted on the restored model.

The famous logo : silver on ID, DSpecial, DSuper and golden on DS !

Dashboard Jaeger rare period accessories, very nice.

The motor far from the original and peaceful 3 bearings. It could be the one of DS 23 injection with a turbo added and special electronic ignition. Notice the emergency wheel 5 holes 15" instead of first model 16" one central fastener.

The motor is nearer from CX GTI Turbo (168 HP) than DS19 1963 (83 HP)
I presume that the gearbox is one mechanical 5 speeds. We are very far from the origine!

Last edited:

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful DS cabriolet "usine", Golfdelta. :thumbs up:
Made by Chapron but designed by Flaminio Bertoni, the Citroën stylist, I have just some comment to do about its authenticity, I cannot resist :)

It is a model 63 or 64, the model 62 is easy to identify with the new dashboard but the old front face and the grille on front fenders. Notice the different front indicators on the french model (photo on the right)

Allways indicators, on the summit of the rear fenders this time, deleted on the restored model.

The famous logo : silver on ID, DSpecial, DSuper and golden on DS !

Dashboard Jaeger rare period accessories, very nice.

The motor far from the original and peaceful 3 bearings. It could be the one of DS 23 injection with a turbo added and special electronic ignition. Notice the emergency wheel 5 holes 15" instead of first model 16" one central fastener.

The motor is nearer from CX GTI Turbo (168 HP) than DS19 1963 (83 HP)
I presume that the gearbox is one mechanical 5 speeds. We are very far from the origine!

Chapeau bas, monsieur Jeanlouis!
Ubi maior minor cessat

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Errata corrige

Après avoir lu les précisions détaillées et documentées de Jeanlouis (une personne d'une autorité incontestable en matière de voitures Citroën), j'ai décidé de changer le titre des photos de cette voiture
La voiture n'est pas un modèle DS de 1962. Il est donc correct de dire - pas un modèle Ds et produit en 1963 ou 1964
La personne qui a restauré la voiture a remplacé le moteur d'origine par un moteur plus récent et plus puissant.
Une seule chose est sûre : cette voiture conserve intacte la splendeur de la carrosserie telle que Bertoni l'a conçue.
En un mot : un chef-d'œuvre

After reading the detailed and documented clarifications of Jeanlouis (a person of unquestionable authority regarding Citroen cars) I decided to change the title of the images of this car.
The car is not a DS model of 1962. So it is correct to say - Citroen 19 Not DS model and produced in 1963 or 1964.
Who has restored the car has replaced the original engine with a newer and more powerful engine.
Only one thing is certain: this car keeps intact the splendor of the body as designed by Bertoni.
In a word: a masterpiece.

zxlPi5f.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Après avoir lu les précisions détaillées et documentées de Jeanlouis (une personne d'une autorité incontestable en matière de voitures Citroën), j'ai décidé de changer le titre des photos de cette voiture
La voiture n'est pas un modèle DS de 1962. Il est donc correct de dire - pas un modèle Ds et produit en 1963 ou 1964
La personne qui a restauré la voiture a remplacé le moteur d'origine par un moteur plus récent et plus puissant.
Une seule chose est sûre : cette voiture conserve intacte la splendeur de la carrosserie telle que Bertoni l'a conçue.
En un mot : un chef-d'œuvre

After reading the detailed and documented clarifications of Jeanlouis (a person of unquestionable authority regarding Citroen cars) I decided to change the title of the images of this car.
The car is not a DS model of 1962. So it is correct to say - Citroen 19 Not DS model and produced in 1963 or 1964.
Who has restored the car has replaced the original engine with a newer and more powerful engine.
Only one thing is certain: this car keeps intact the splendor of the body as designed by Bertoni.
In a word: a masterpiece.

zxlPi5f.jpg

It is really a DS 19, I just meant that the lucky owner of this gorgeous cabriolet did not put the right logo. This silver double chevron come from a more recent Citroën because it is wider than the golden double chevron of the DS (see the photo). The dashbord is the one of the DS. Anyway I understand the amateur who chooses exactly what he wants for his restored car even if it is not in conformity with the origine. I don't forget the money he is spending in it. For myself, it would be a saloon mechanical gearbox 5 speeds with variable assistance steering of the SM. Maybe it is already assembled on this cabriolet...
Thanks again for sharing classic cars, Golfdelta :thumbs up:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Citroën 7A, named later Traction by people, exhibited for the first time at "Foire de Paris" in spring 1934.
Below the confidential letter sent to dealerships by André Citroën. Too modest for one time, he said that the model is 2 years (he could write 20) in advance on its competitors. Here we must read 2 years too soon ! The Traction will work fine only starting from 1936.

At Paris motorshow 1938, there is no more rear propulsion in the Citroën range as wanted it the boss who is unhappily no more there to see that.
Except 2CV, Mehari and BX 4x4, since 1938 Citroën cars are only Front Wheels Drive.

Citroën range 1939

Because of the war, convertible 15/6 will be not producted in serie

Manufacture of the beautiful coupé or "faux-cabriolet" 7 and 11 is stopped in 1938.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Indeed, it is simplified !
At Slough (UK), 7=Twelve 11=Fifteen 15/6=Six or Big Six

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
How to recognize easily the different Traction models ?

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
70 th anniversary of Simca 9 Aronde, step sister of the Fiat 1400

Fiat 1400 was presented one year before. Aronde, that means "hirondelle" in old French, was the emblem of Simca ("swallow" in English).

Fiat 1400

Simca 9 Aronde

Fiat 1400 - Simca 9 Aronde

Except the body that is different, difficult to say what is Simca and what is Fiat in the Aronde. About that, it was already a modern car ! ;)

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Simca Aronde photographied by Dingo

Saloon 1953 - The radiator grill is a period accessory

Coach "Grand Large" 1954 - New front face

A classic aligned four cylinder 1221 cm3

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Simca Aronde development

Notice how the car seems wider while the body is not changing.
Some smaller wheels make the car lower too.

Left : Aronde Oceane line more angular, motor Flash 1300, model 56
Right : Aronde P60 model 59 with redrawed rear fenders, panoramic rear window and new radiator grill.

Petula Clark presents Aronde Rush 61. Become out of date, name P60 is left for Rush the name of the new 5 bearing engine. The most powerful version (Rush Super M) reach 70 HP and drive Aronde Montlhery or the coach Monaco to 145 km/h !
Simca stopped the manufacture in 1964 after 1.400.000 assembled units.

Last edited:

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Nissan Figaro

A rare Nissan Figaro (in Amsterdam ) of which only 20,073 units were built in 1991
ICvNMyT.jpg

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Neo-retro is retro today ;)

Les années passent inexorablement pour tout le monde et pour toutes les choses. Même les voitures vieillissent.

The years pass inexorably for everyone and everything. Even cars get old