• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

golfdelta21

Reaction score
Mercedes Benz 300 SL Gull Wing (1954-57)

dvgIBFi.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Simca and VIPs

HT Pigozzi, the founder of the company between Simca 5 and Simca 1300 (1936 - 1963)

Annie Cordy

Annie Girardot

Bernard Blier

Brigitte Bardot

Fernandel and Ingrid Bergman

France Gall

Françoise Arnoul, Charles Vanel and Pierre Louis (from left to right)

1960 : Jean Nohain in left is proud of his new Ariane 4 and especially of his number plate with his birthday and his initials. Very rare with an alpha-numeric number system. (Fernand Raynaud in front of him)

Luis Mariano

Marie Dubois

Mick Michel

Mireille Darc

Pablo Picasso at the wheel of a Simca Sport

Petula Clark

Rica Zaraï

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Facel-Vega models with the new Megalux headlight by Marchal (1961-1964)

Photo of a model exported to USA where headlights behind a glass were not allowed. We can see how was made the Megalux : dipped beam, headlight main beam, side lights and traffic indicators are brought together in a only headlight.

A prestigious Facel II cruising on the beach

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Megalux Marchal is changing the face of the Facellia F2 in 1961.
Above Facellia first model presented in autumn 1959.

Fragile, the Pont à Mousson engine F2S ? We will never know, this sportive version of the F2 with two double carburators was never manufactured. Anyway from the constructor, starting 1961, all the endurance issues of the Pont à Mousson engine are solved ... :thinking:

With its too bad reputation the Facellia must be replaced by a new model.
It is the Facel III at spring 1963 motorised by a Volvo 1800 cm3.

After the failure of the Facellia, Jean Daninos, the founder of Facel-Vega, lost the control of his firm in 1963. He is here behind a Facel 6, equiped with a six aligned cylinders motor BMC derived from Austin Healey. The last Facel model.

The range Facel-Vega at Paris Motorshow 1963, the last but one for the constructor.

DB Panhard Le Mans had also Megalux headlights, only for Grand-Luxe models.

The design of the Megalux Marchal was certainly inspired by the Mercedes 220S headlight.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The Facellia F2 of the french TV serie "Les petits meurtres d'Aghata Christie"

A rare model coach 2+2, a convertible with fixed hard-top.
I found Facellia F2B beside Facel III in a magazine l'Auto-Journal special Motorshow 1963. Amazing !

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The cyclopean look of Peugeot serie 02 (see also #1016)

"Peugeot-Fuseau-Sochaux" said early ads of 402

Presented at Paris Motorshow 1935, 402 is an intelligent answer to Citroën Traction 11, star of the precedent motorshow. During 40 years it will be the strategy of Sochaux : to approach Citroën models results with a conventional technical. Associated with some very good marketing tatics, it was a success at the end of the battle, after the first oil crisis in 1975.

402 first photo

402 Coupe-Cabriolet with moving rigid roof, a principle invented by Paulin and inaugurated on 301, 401, 601 in 1934. (mechanical control)

402 dashboard

In 1936, Peugeot presents a smaller car called 302, replaced the following year by 402 Light, a 402 motor in a 302 body.

302 convertible

402 Light 1938 with "Pilote" wheels.

402 B 1939 model, with new radiator grill.

402 B Light 1939, wedding of a 402 mechanical with a 202 body. A sportive look.

Peugeot 202, spring 1938.

Peugeot 202 at Paris motorshow 1946, the first one after war. 202, the only Peugeot remanufactured, will leave the room to 203 in 1949. End of the cyclopean age :)
Notice the beautiful woodie in background, designed just because of the sheet metal shortage.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
About classic cars, I am just sharing some documents from the albums of René Bellu and his team. He made 44 special numbers of the magazine Automobilia : all the French cars, motorshow after motorshow, from 1920 to 1983. Nice work ! :thumbs up:

For the monthly number, customers had the choice between cover with photo or cover with drawing.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Did they still have a motorshow during the occupation? Or were those editions of the magazine wishful thinking?

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Did they still have a motorshow during the occupation? Or were those editions of the magazine wishful thinking?

The album named 1940-1946 is about prototypes made in the clandestinity or those made immediately after war. There was no motorshow at Paris between 1939 and 1945, year of the Pons plan created to organize, without success, the cars production. It was some ration tickets until 1948.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Matra Sports in movies

Matra 530 in "Delphine"

Matra 530 first model 1967 without tubular protection in front and wheel trim Renault 16 (Fleur d'oseille)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Matra 530 in "Le grand amour" from and with Pierre Etaix

Matra Jet 5 or 6 in "Le Pacha" from Georges Lautner (1968) with Jean Gabin
Really, French police had never some Matra Jet in his park, only police forces (gendarmerie) on highway.

Matra 530 in "Le Pacha" (1968)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Matra Sports beginning in competition
"Ho!", movie with Jean-Paul Belmondo (Montlhéry circuit 1967)

MS 7 left and MS 630 right

Late 1967 Matra Sports had not yet his own motor V12 and used one Ford V8.

Last edited: