• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

voccu

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score

I always return to this one. ;)

xenos

Reaction score
Heitor Villa-Lobos. Bachianas Brasileiras #4

The Simon Bolivar Orchestra is a wonderful youth orchestra from Venezuela. Gustavo Dudamel, their former conductor, and former member, is now the principal conductor of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

xenos

Reaction score
Heitor Villa-Lobos. Bachianas Brasileiras #5

You may remember this if you saw "50 Shades of Grey."

This selection is actually titled "Dança" not Danca.

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
Heitor Villa-Lobos. Bachianas Brasileiras # 2

"Little Train of the Caipira"

primera9

Reaction score
Hary Janos Suite by Zoltan Kodaly is terrific - try it

xenos

Reaction score
Placido Domingo and Rolando Villazón.

I am not a big opera fan but this duet makes my spirit soar.:thumbs up:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
in memory of
Leonard Bernstein

born 25.8.1918
+ 14.10.1990

Some things are difficult putting to words and the life, the oevre and the impact of Leonard Bernstein is surely one of those.

"West side Story" - Somewhere (Adagio) Leonard Bernstein
Bernstein was conductor and composer, this surely advanced to be one of the gay hymns

Along with Rafael Kubelík he rediscovered back Mahler after he had been banned as "entartet" by the NS regime.

Bernstein Beethoven VPO 1977

Bernstein was 100% passion. There is hardly any record with him where you don't hear him grunting and moaning and when I talked to a friend who had seen him in NY for the recording of Tschaikowsky's fifth he said he was marching his way through the symphony.

Edward Elgar's Enigma Variations IX Nimrod | Leonard Bernstein

The older he got the slower be had the slow movements played. When the told the BBC symphonists how he'd liked to have the famous "nimrod" played they asked if he was kidding. (I told that before).

edit:

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
Thank you, ihno

"Somewhere" from West Side Story always makes me tear up. Thanks for posting.

I vividly remember the first time I saw the film. It was at the famed Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd. Afterwards as I walked down the boulevard I wanted to break into a dance. It seemed the only way I could express my joy at the excellence of the film. A few days later I was discussing the film with my immediate ex-boyfriend. He had the same reaction but he could have probably done the dancing well. He was a ballroom dance instructor.

Footnote: I often saw one of the main dancers from the film at a gay bar on the beach in Laguna Beach, CA. I never approached him. Too shy to do that.

I appreciated your note about the slow tempo of "Nimrod." It bothered me at first but Lennie got such a rich sound from the BBC Orchestra that I just went along and ended up enjoying it thoroughly.:cheers:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I appreciated your note about the slow tempo of "Nimrod." It bothered me at first but Lennie got such a rich sound from the BBC Orchestra that I just went along and ended up enjoying it thoroughly.:cheers:

He usually did that in his later life and he loses me at some point or another.

On the other hand his later recordings were of an amazing precision, transparency with the faster movements. The 1982 DG Elgar Nimord CD (where the Nimrod is from) is one I would always recommend. Of course you hear his first moan already with the first notes of the Enigma Variations. There is the Pomp and C. march No 1 on it too where he did this too - extremly rhyhtmic with the A part and half the speed with "Land of hope and Glory". In the repetition there's an orgue playing.

Tchaikovsky's fifth is another example. Same goes for the sixth. The fourth movement (39:10) benefits from both - not to be able to let go of the music while being seldom that transparent and dynamic.

To me that movement was always like an entrance of Tchaikowsky himself with it's heroic, unstoppable yet dolorous and longing theme, an expression of a gay man in the 19th century. And Bernstein just does it right for me.

I think I'm not too far from it since the theme was to found in the fourth movement of the sixth symphony. And Bernstein just does it right there too.

oh and...

"Somewhere" from West Side Story always makes me tear up.

Mission accomplished.

sammyyummy

HOPE: Hold On, Pain Ends
Reaction score
Always been a Mozart - Vivaldi fan.
Sharing with you an addition to my classical music favorites - one that never fails to make me smile.
Alkan

:heart:
sniffit, jockuser24
zortek (miss ya!)

tomcat34

Reaction score
Beethoven - Fantasy in C minor for Piano Chorus and Orchestra Op 80 - Daniel Baremboin- Berliner Philharmoniker

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Handel - a Passcaille in different versions