• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

randydesertrat

Reaction score
Here's one from Czech composer Vaclav Nelhybel. He was perhaps more known for his works for youth orchestras and bands which is when and where I discovered his music. This piece is "Music For Orchestra", one of my personal favorites.

randydesertrat

Reaction score
Anna Russell - The Ring of the Nibelungs (An analysis)

Operatic comedy at its best!

xenos

Reaction score
Thank you, randydesertrat. I am feeling weak and have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. This made my day.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

randydesertrat

Reaction score
The Lark Ascending

Here is another favorite - "The Lark Ascending" by Ralph Vaughan Williams.

xenos

Reaction score

Ralph Vaughan Williams - Five Variants of "Dives and Lazarus"

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Adele - Hello / Lacrimosa (Mozart) – ThePianoGuys

Story behind the song (Source: YT)

Hello/Lacrimosa (or “Chello,” as it has affectionately been called in the studio) is a musical experiment bridging 18th century spiritualism and 21st century secularism. Imagine Mozart and Adele in the same room in an intense co-write session, quill and pen in hand, respectively. Picturing this hypothetical hangout helped to spark the creative combination of the two.

Haven’t heard “Lacrimosa” from Mozart’s Requiem? It is a powerful piece of music. Listen here. As you can hear, both tunes’ divergent traits presented challenges. One wallows in a wide, painstakingly minor 12/8 time and the other drives a poignant bi-polar major/minor common time. One draws its power from the fullness of a grand chorus and orchestra, the other from the isolation of a lone voice and piano. One conforms to age-old counterpart canon and musical theory, while the other is conveyed via verse/chorus pop song parlance. However, they share the same fundamental feeling -- “Lacrimosa" (meaning “weeping” or “tearful”) mournfully bemoans spiritual death, while “Hello” gripes about relationship regrets. Different centuries. Different realms. Same emotion. Perhaps we aren’t as far from our predecessors as we think we are.

You’ll hear towards the end of the tune an attempt by both motifs to meet in the middle as the two textured melodies intertwine. In their respective stories both plead for reconciliation. Neither seemed to find it apart, but together they sing of a second chance.

The sounds you hear were created by 100 tracks of acoustic and electric cello, an instrument that has been emoting for centuries – an apt candidate for the task of tying together “Hellocrimosa” (our alternate affectionate title).

This video was filmed at one of our favorite locations: Tuacahn Amphitheatre, utilizing different patterns and settings of giant mirrors, diffused light, and some very cold fog. How is the camera not reflected in the mirrors? Simple. Magic!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Rodrigues: Concierto de Aranjuez

From last night of the Proms 2005.

Solo guitar: John Williams.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Maurice Ravel Bolero London Symphony Orchestra Valery Gergiev

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Carmina Burana ~ O Fortuna | Carl Orff ~ André Rieu

xenos

Reaction score
Carmina Burana - Finale

(Blanziflor and Helena. Fortune, Empress of the World)

Atlanta Symphony - Robert shaw

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Giuseppe Tartini: The Devil's Trill, violin sonata.

Giuseppe Tartini (1692-1770), baroque composer and violinist, was born in the medieval town of Piran on the Adriatic coast. In Tartini's time Piran belonged to the republic of Venice, but today it belongs to Slovenia.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
First heard it I was like I know this from somewhere!

Does anyone know what classical music the beginning of THIS SONG (starting from 0:00 to 0:10) is based on? :thinking: It sounds like a famous classical melody. Or am I wrong? :blushing:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Does anyone know what classical music the beginning of THIS SONG (starting from 0:00 to 0:10) is based on? :thinking: It sounds like a famous classical melody. Or am I wrong? :blushing:

Yeah, I understand your feeling, it sounds like something I "should" recognize - but I can't place it...:(

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

The video is not available in Germany, so I used other sources.

There is a piano in the beginning but that's not a melody. Three notes repeating, going up, repetiton and going down and the same thing again.
It's more of a bassline you hear in many songs but more often in modern music.

I know there is a modern pop piece that starts quite alike, I guess you mean that. This one perhaps:

Emilia - Big big world?

As for the three notes:
A lot of baroque and classical music is build upon three (or more) notes repeating. Vivaldi, Bach used it often for fugues

Like here in the Magnificat at 3:26

BWV 21 at 3:00 , one of the earliest Bach cantatas and of the best at all.
Bach was deeply influenced by the italian style and incorportated it into his own style.

The most famous piece build on three knocks is this one here:

But fate didn't knock at the door in the first movement, the three knocks structure the other movements as well:

like here in 0:50 or in 7:50 at the beginning to the end of the third and in 9:40 in the fourth movement as well. And at 18:17 letting the symphony end just the way it started.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
And to pay tribute to Nikolaus Harnoncourt

When people like Frans Brüggen, Gustav Leonhardt and Nikolaus Harnoncourt opened the display cases and took the historical instruments to use them it wasn't just an experiment (which has a history going back to the 1920s) but a

philosophical revolution - the end of the paradigma of never ending progess. When Mahler thought that Schumann's symphonies didn't work for the orchestra he used the rewrote the symphonies. Their idea was - maybe we should change the orchestra? We owe them a lot. Those who have bothered to watch the Beethoven above have noticed the historical trumpets used by the Chamber Orcestra.

Harnoncourt also had a faible for Strauss (he was austrian you know)

And btw. operettas were originally very satirical works back then, don't confuse them with the cheesed-up Andre Rieu versions you see on TV, those are products of the Kulturindustrie (cultural industry) that leave no place for irritation or estrangement. At least Theodor said that. ;)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

adorno.jpg

Have a nice weekend.