• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Retro Photo (Anything Retro)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Times are changing : yesterday speed limits were scandalous, today it is these cars

trencherman

Reaction score
2fb55dd04aec09939dc3647d1b08f372--family-history-sweet-memories.jpg

The earlier precursor of the recent ones made of plastic. A large model of it was used as the backdrop for the opening act of Ragtime, the musical (1996). A long time ago, I picked up a tray of tandem picture cards in NYC flea market showing photographs that must have been taken during the early American occupation of the Philippines of scenery that have all vanished since.

trencherman

Reaction score
Times are changing : yesterday speed limits were scandalous, today it is these cars

That’s why they end up this way.

5th July 1965: The scene of the car crash in the Bois de Boulogne, Paris, in which jet set playboy and ex Dominican Diplomat, Porfirio Rubirosa was killed.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

The Big Wheel​

The Green Machine​

These were all over the place in the 70's and 80's, especially right after Christmas :)

Last edited:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score

The Big Wheel​

The Green Machine​

These were all over the place in the 70's and 80's, especially right after Christmas :)

Here's a lesson Millennial's can learn from us Gen X'ers. We may have grown old, be we refuse to grow up. And our toys just keep getting better...

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

1983 Motorola Cell Phone

A huge Fad but I just didn't get it ...

I remember these big cellphones from the mid 1980s & I remember ever bigger things from a few years earlier: you had the phone plugged into a minor suitcase of accumulator batteries, and every now and then you had to plug the accu suitcase into the battery of you car. So : how "mobile" were these really old "mobile phones" ???

Let's say it's relative ;)

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

This is similar to the typewriter I used for school reports and projects :)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

This is similar to the typewriter I used for school reports and projects :)

I remember my maternal grandfather had a typewriter of this - or a very similar - kind in his office. This was in the 1960s.

trencherman

Reaction score
Here is a not too old obsolete office equipment, Wang 1200 Word Processor. Cumbersome but sported a lovely name, Wang.

Here is a new obsolete writing technology, my IBM Actionwriter 1 Typewriter. I bought a large supply of ribbon cartridges and error lifting tapes for it not because I was anticipating its almost instantaneous obsolescence but because I was ordering it through my last job.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

This was in 1960, in the UN General Assembly if I remember correctly; just four years later, in 1964, Chrustjev was kicked out through the doors of Kremlin power by his three evil stooges, Leonid Brezjnev, Alexei Kosygin and Nikolaj Podgorny - black shadows hoovering over my Scandinavian childhood and youth.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
STAR TREK on the cover of TV Guide, March 4-10, 1967

DYSk-vqVoAAe6LZ.jpg

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

It seems like almost everyone used to have these acrylic photo cubes

People were walking down the street with their boombox before the walkman came along

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
What's your sign?

sfhgae5earsr.jpg

In the 60s & 70s Zodiac signs were big.

b35debe3-7978-4259-b73c-978f694cafa0.jpg

getimage.aspx

cusp-poster.jpg

zodiac_signs.jpg

Zodiac-Signs.jpg