• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Retro Photo (Anything Retro)

trencherman

Reaction score
f7bb1bbb469a6932eb83a4500f6c347b_m.jpg

I still use one, now I guess I will have to see if there is a new kind of flour sifter. I also use the potatoepeeler.Wow I am behind the times.

Mother lead a cooking class for young housewives in the sixties and was presented with an array of baking tools among them a spring action flour sifter with two tiers of screens. Never saw her use it. Remained devoted to her drum sieve which she claimed was more efficient.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
f7bb1bbb469a6932eb83a4500f6c347b_m.jpg

I still use one, now I guess I will have to see if there is a new kind of flour sifter. I also use the potatoepeeler.Wow I am behind the times.

I still have my sifter and my vegetable peeler like those too.

Most of the cooks at my place of employment are using sifters similar to this

or battery operated ones like this

Their vegetable peelers look something like this one

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

I don't remember that I ever saw my mum or my granny with any kind of special flour sifter, but the potatoe peeler - that's entirely another ballgame!!! I remember from my childhood we had precisely this kind of peeler.

And in my teens I transubstantiated myself into the family photographer, but I didn't use my portable film screen for home movies; I used it for showing colour slides!!!

trencherman

Reaction score

For the longest time, that was the universal default peeler anywhere. Until this came to the scene. You can sell any kitchen tool to cooking amateurs as long as you modify it with “French.” And the truth is they seem to work better since they have been tested by artisans that have been disciplined to consistently turn out traditionally codified dishes.

Comparable quality at much lower price point. Well-made and what matters most, keeps its cutting edge sharp for a long time. I bought three of this some fifteen years ago and I still haven’t gotten to using the other two:

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
The Beatles (1964)

The Beatles photographed by John Launois for “The Saturday Evening Post”, June 1964.

zbeatles05.jpg

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

I remember the time when we had to overtake several times the same truck.
We drove faster but we stopped more often than them, the opposite with motorbikes. (long journey before the age of the motorways)
I remember the time where we had fun to drive !!!

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
And that's the way it is ...

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Dinah Shore "See the USA in your Chevrolet" - 1953

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Shocking 1950's cosmetic ad

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

I find this winking at the masturbation-makes-you-blind mythology in this old advertisement absolutely detestable - masturbation is possibly the only type of pleasurable fun that is a) totally democratic : everybody can do it, always, and it doesn't cost a single cent; b) totally harmless: OK, if you wank a lot (let's say more than twice a day) your pecker can get a wee bit sore, but if you just put some olive oil or some vaseline or even some of your own saliva on the pecker, you can happily wank along.

The idea that buying expensive hi-tech crap instead of having your daily wank sessions with your friends is horrible!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Earth Shoes from the 1970s

aa_sun_19750117_p020-001.jpg

f21b3dea91791f0f197f14df8c7801e9.jpg

354da0b9370761681d79d607e8d2599c.jpg

Earth_Shoes.jpg

I wore Earth Shoes for much of the 70s. They were very comfortable ... once your calves and ankles adjusted to them. Don't know how well I could wear them these days ;)

Last edited:

trencherman

Reaction score

Earth_Shoes.jpg

I wore Earth Shoes for much of the 70s. They were very comfortable ... once your calves and ankles adjusted to them. Don't know how well I could wear them these days ;)

Roots, the Canadian retail chain that has kept a pervasive presence in Toronto since the seventies started out as a licensed manufacturer of this shoes so I too was seduced by its ads for the earth shoes. I found them comfortable and unrestrictive but once I wore out my pair, I wanted to go back to my old reliable Clark’s Wallabee and it was in the store where I was getting a new pair of this that the old owner reprimanded me for wearing Earth shoes. He warned me that it ruins the shape of your feet. My feet were indeed wide but that was from wearing flipflops in the Tropics for all of my twenty years but I thought he might have been right about it although it could have been also just black propaganda from an imperilled competitor.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
aa_sun_19750117_p020-001.jpg

f21b3dea91791f0f197f14df8c7801e9.jpg

354da0b9370761681d79d607e8d2599c.jpg

Earth_Shoes.jpg

Ah, the Earth Shoes!, - in Swedish they were baptized "Jordskor" - this is so damn 70s!!!

I never bought any & I didn't like the look of them - I guess I've always been a bit suspicious when something is blown up as "the new great thingy", the thing "everybody has to get"!