• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sinnerr

I would say there are more disadvanteges than advantages.
Biggest problem is that it would need non-stop moderating and it's probably impossible.
Without it, there would be just totally senseless kidding, conflicts, spam etc...
Maybe if it would be for Members and higher only (not for juniors) then it could work well.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bad idea... Too many stupid fucks saying shit that no one wants to hear...

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Just as unneccessary as necroposting in general.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

Bad idea... Too many stupid fucks saying shit that no one wants to hear...

:)) That resume pretty much the utility of a shoutbox... shoutbox to me has the very same function of the famous "status update" that we found on many social networking websites (only this time, everyone can see it). Sure I know about the VB shoutbox and it can be configured to allow specific groups of user to use it... so no the shoutbox function in VB isn't an open barn as many would believe but I don't see it as a necessity either as I find those really similar to "Hey I'm here I need my daily 10 second of attention!" Instead of starting a thread and have people participate on it.

I have seen many websites having shoutbox and I even managed few myself and the trends that I've seen is that shoutbox attract those poor lonely chaps who normally wouldn't post a decent thread, but want the world to know that they had fuck today, yesterday and that they plan on fucking the next day (nobody cares and is it really true lol)... and often those are always the same little crew that take over the shoutbox and replies only among themselves. The new guy posting will be buried under a bunch of proprietary posts from those crew... and you can be certain it will happen, it always does.

So if you guys really want to invest into a communication plugin... install a chat, which people come and chat if they want to... and yes you can configure the access for the chat to start at a minimum of mandatory posts so the forum doesn't loose its thread posting usability... and well, chat is easier to manage than a shoutbox where (to be honest) it is a beautiful entrance for spam and stupid statements from people who often doesn't participate, but feel the need to have their 15 seconds of glory every day, every hours.

GH isn't Facebook, it is a social networking platform, but it is not a competition platform for popularity... at least I never felt it this way.

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Guys, you notice that this thread is four months old, don't you?

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

And your point is? I can run projects that can go over 6 months to a year and yet until there is a definite answer from the Admin crew (project manager in my case) that says "It's closed, we're not doing it" this means that it's still open of suggestions RIGHT? Haven't see the official post that the subject is closed :) - no offense to you but if you want people to stop posting on it because it is too old... request it to be closed.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Do I really have to explain what be my point might be? The Help Center is meant for current questions and new suggestions and not for discussing things over and over again that have long been decided and are long out of date.

Even if an Admin didn't answer here it is obvious that this not an actual question or request any more.

And I don't really mind you posting here, it's just wasted time, since it's an outdated topic (which I already have hinted by using the word "necroposting").

As for closing: I don't think that Staff here should begin to close threads that are out of date. This would be even one more duty to perform. I use to trust our members so far that they are intelligent enough to decide themselves what is outdated and not.

The thread taught me four months ago that this site is truly structural-conservative, where every change - useful or not - is met with suspicion and rejection. In german we have a word for it: Bedenkenträgerei - somebody with better english than mine might translate it. When people see nothing but concerns with any suggestion, I hope you know what I mean. :)

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

And I don't really mind you posting here, it's just wasted time, since it's an outdated topic (which I already have hinted by using the word "necroposting").

As for closing: I don't think that Staff here should begin to close threads that are out of date. This would be even one more duty to perform. I use to trust our members so far that they are intelligent enough to decide themselves what is outdated and not.
Didn't need that much of details... and I never said that staff should be closing all outdating thread (i said that if you believe that this discussion should be closed, to avoid having it constantly reupped, ask for it to be close... never did I say all outdated threads)... there's one thing we study in literature, sociology and political science and it's speech analysis (change one word and the meaning of a sentence took a total different way) It exists in your language and mine... so "smart" people know how to recognize it.

I used to trust that a green would never post something that can be so badly interpreted even by the smartest of us all... (no language barrier can be use as an excuse in the following sentence; I use to trust our members so far that they are intelligent enough to decide themselves what is outdated and not.. There's nothing Shakespearean in there. ;) and what is obvious to you... may not always be for others.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
You can analyze my posts as much as you want, feel free to do so. Just one or two things: I'm always first of all myself and I say, what I think. Being "green" or whatever always comes after that. It is just simply my opinion that a shoutbox does not mean the decline of the occident, like it is written in this thread. If you'd like to complain about me or my opinion, do so.

And then: If you lack understanding that most people here use english as a foreign langauge and have language barriors, than that is your prerogative. I know that most people are more eloquent and more precise in their mothertongue. I certainly am.

I used the google translation for my sentence: "I usually keep the user for intelligent enough to see for themselves whether or not a topic is obsolete." Better? I hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

mark_63

Reaction score
Gentlemen, and I do use that word correctly for both of you, I want to thank you both for the continuation of this thread but until our next staff meeting no decision will be made about this item. The two of you are valued forum members and I would not like to see an argument continued on such on a matter like this.

In the interest of peace within our forum I am closing this thread, I will post an answer after our next staff meeting takes place.

mark_63

Reaction score
At our recent staff meeting this matter was discussed and it was decided against.

Status
Not open for further replies.