• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

SUICIDE United States 1-800-784-2433

retro2263

Reaction score
Years & years ago I became suicidal. Thankfully I just don't care about much of anything anymore.

I called one of those hotlines. I was told to stay on the line & someone would be with me shortly. I was placed on HOLD for 2 1/2 hours. The number at that time was 800-638-Help. This Number NO LONGER exists. They had only 1 person manning the phones. I was so pissed off by the time the 'helper' answerred that I bitched him out & promised an end to the hotline crap. I received 2 'special' visits in the next week. A year later the hotline was gone.

I still suffer from some strong depression. Have been told I need meds (which I can't afford). Should probably be seeing someone about it---BUT like I said above, I simply just don't seem to CARE about much anymore. & Nothing seems to be That Bothersome to me now.

But thanks for the post. For some that Choose to read it all the way thru; it will be helpful.

I hear you. Was there myself once, but once i thought about the people who were counting on my being around...it made me realize what i needed to do to get it under control.
The best thing is to talk to a stranger about it. Talking to a therapist worked for me, but I'm lucky to have meds also. They definitely make it easier to control.
Keep talking to us!

Electric_XII

Reaction score
+ 1 on keep talking. Ongoing dialogue can lead to new perspectives...

A

arby0306

Thanks for creating this post. I think it's important for young people to know that they always have someone they can talk to if they ever find themselves doubting their importance in this world.

biluc

Reaction score
thanks for the post. This is very important a lot of people have this probleme

Massie

Reaction score
if there is someone, who you really trust, talk to him. otherwise, go to any med, no matter which one, even if you don't know him.

when I studied, FIVE persons killed themselves: the youngest brother of my brother in law, the sister of a tennis friend of mine, a student with whom I had to work, and two students, who were members of my debating club.

later on I still had to accept two suicides more. one of the son of my bridge partner and the other one of a relative.

two of them were complete schizophrenic and wished to be dead. they would try it once again, until they were "lucky".
the relative wished only one thing: te be freed of pain.

the other ones wouldn't actually not be dead, but they cried for help. that told a psychiatrist me. therefore my advice.

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
It can be difficult sometimes living day to day especially when you have emotional problems or when you just struggle in everyday life. I know I do sometimes and I was surprised when I overheard my mother say that people who commit suicide are selfish. I didn't know she felt this way and it kind of hurts. It can be excruciatingly difficult when living with depression and other mental disorders. When a person feels bad enough to consider this action selfish is the last thing I would consider them. They often feel that people would be better without them. Maybe she is just uneducated I would hope or maybe she's just ignorant but I hope this isn't the case. Hearing her say that made me realize she understands way less than I thought she did. Well I'm sure she means well.

Electric_XII

Reaction score
It can be difficult sometimes living day to day especially when you have emotional problems or when you just struggle in everyday life. I know I do sometimes and I was surprised when I overheard my mother say that people who commit suicide are selfish. I didn't know she felt this way and it kind of hurts. It can be excruciatingly difficult when living with depression and other mental disorders. When a person feels bad enough to consider this action selfish is the last thing I would consider them. They often feel that people would be better without them. Maybe she is just uneducated I would hope or maybe she's just ignorant but I hope this isn't the case. Hearing her say that made me realize she understands way less than I thought she did. Well I'm sure she means well.

I believe your mom may have meant that those who commit suicide are so wrapped up in 'resolving' their own problems they don't think of how much hurt they'll leave behind by killing themselves.

Though extremely depressed individuals believe they are unloved and unwanted by everyone, that is not the case. There are many more people who would feel sorrow at the memory of their loss than they may realise.

I frequently cry and go into a tailspin of severe depression at the memory of a 19 year-old lad named Shawn Keegan who was murdered in 1996.

Those who commit suicide sentence those who loved them - and sometimes even complete strangers - to a lifetime of recurrent tears.

IMO anyone who is thinking of ending their own life should first focus upon helping others before getting too wrapped up in themselves.

Depression (a by-product of loneliness) is typically a temporary condition treatable by investing oneself in the well-being of others.

Being a good friend is the first step to making good friends and thus combating the loneliness which leads to depression.

BTW. Nice avatar! :pP

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
I know isn't Jade yummy.

How a bout a photo to brighten up this thread.

jade-6-1500-154.jpg

Maybe that's what she meant but still idk its not as clean cut as people make it out to be.

Electric_XII

Reaction score
Well Josh, then why not have a talk with your mom to find out what she's actually thinking? Please don't let your imagination prey on your mind. Get the facts.

Via our interactions with others we grow increasingly interconnected with them--in some cases to a quite deep level. Any sudden severing of those connections wounds, hurts, and scars those who survive to carry their memories of the departed for the rest of their days.

Jade is very cute. Thanks.

BTW. How come you post in a large font?

josh_the_hot_boy

1-800-DIAL-A-FUCK
Reaction score
Maybe I should just talk to her and Ps is my font really that big?

Electric_XII

Reaction score
Maybe I should just talk to her and Ps is my font really that big?

Please do talk to her. You're still her little boy. :)

The font size which you use for body text (SIZE=5) is the size I use for headlines. This is the only forum I've seen with posts in such large type. I was just wondering why.

Waitaminute. Are you using a large monitor set to a high resolution? If so then perhaps that's why the fonts in your posts look so large on the 15" 1024 x 768 monitor I'm using.

Which operating system are you using? I'm using Ubuntu 10.10.

htiek123

Reaction score
Being gay is a very youth orientated thing. I'm 50 and I've gained over 75lbs in the last 2 years. I had 200 friends and 199 died of AIDS over the last 25 years. It's all about face and body, I feel cheated that I will never have a family of my own. Being gay is livable as long as your young and cute. Trust, I had my day. I was fine and had body but now I'm bald and fat. I've been unemployed for the last 3 years. I really don't have much to live for. So the thought comes to my mind sometimes. People really don't like old fags....

richym

Reaction score
Awww htiek123, it doesn't matter how old you are, you are still a valuable person. The world needs you just as much as anyone else.

Electric_XII

Reaction score
Being gay is a very youth orientated thing. I'm 50 and I've gained over 75lbs in the last 2 years. I had 200 friends and 199 died of AIDS over the last 25 years. It's all about face and body, I feel cheated that I will never have a family of my own. Being gay is livable as long as your young and cute. Trust, I had my day. I was fine and had body but now I'm bald and fat. I've been unemployed for the last 3 years. I really don't have much to live for. So the thought comes to my mind sometimes. People really don't like old fags....

I hear you man (54 here). Losing the generation of friends one was looking forward to growing old with really sucks, eh? :(

Have you tried Prime Timers?

Prime Timers Worldwide is a social organization that provides
older gay & bisexual men the opportunity to enrich their lives.

Membership open to men 21 years and older.
http://anonym.to/?http://www.primetimersww.org/

Other ways to combat loneliness would include volunteering at any local LGBT (or LGBT-friendly Str8) community center or charitable organization.

Just try a few & find one (or more) which can serve as a vehicle for the things which you enjoy doing and/or would like to learn how to do.

Keeping busy by helping others will lead to making many new acquaintances leading to a few new friends.

If one can't get out & about that easily, then haunt those internet forums which allow one to be the on-line equivalent of a good listener and problem solver for younger, less experienced members of society.

Though I prefer talking/typing to others in public threads like this one in order to have the exchange of viewpoints and ideas develop int a record of events which may helpful to others, I am open to being PM'd by anyone who needs to discuss a more private matter. :)

htiek123

Reaction score
WWW hike, it doesn't matter how old you are, you are still a valuable person. The world needs you just as much as anyone else.

What a nice thing to say, thank you.......thank you.

htiek123

Reaction score
I hear you man (54 here). Losing the generation of friends one was looking forward to growing old with really sucks, eh? :(

Have you tried Prime Timers?

http://anonym.to/?http://www.primetimersww.org/

Other ways to combat loneliness would include volunteering at any local LGBT (or LGBT-friendly Str8) community center or charitable organization.

Just try a few & find one (or more) which can serve as a vehicle for the things which you enjoy doing and/or would like to learn how to do.

Keeping busy by helping others will lead to making many new acquaintances leading to a few new friends.

If one can't get out & about that easily, then haunt those internet forums which allow one to be the on-line equivalent of a good listener and problem solver for younger, less experienced members of society.

Though I prefer talking/typing to others in public threads like this one in order to have the exchange of viewpoints and ideas develop int a record of events which may helpful to others, I am open to being PM'd by anyone who needs to discuss a more private matter. :)

Your so right, as a consequence of all of my contemporaries dying from the black death; I have very few friends from my youth in my life, I have no one to grow old with.

You have made some wonderful suggestions and your 100% right. I have to keep myself relevant and help the next generation. Thank you for taking the time out to help me.

Electric_XII

Reaction score
Your so right, as a consequence of all of my contemporaries dying from the black death; I have very few friends from my youth in my life, I have no one to grow old with.

You have made some wonderful suggestions and your 100% right. I have to keep myself relevant and help the next generation. Thank you for taking the time out to help me.

'Atta boy! :)